Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We have finally got a van.

After much deliberation and going round in circles for over 2 years we have bought one, pick it up mid to end of January, thank heavens.

We were going to get a PVC but decided against it after finding it hard to source a Peugeot boxer 2.0 adblue 4000kg within budget.

Get in there, time to resume motorhoming in 2018.

Phew.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
A motorhome:ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I,m not sure its a good idea to say, there maybe a few p1s tekkers.

All I said about not having an A class again and look what we did.

And all I said about not having a mid range Hymer A class too, with their timber exterior floors:D2

Oh dear.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
A motorhome:ROFLMAO:

Seriously, I,m not sure its a good idea to say, there maybe a few p1s tekkers.

All I said about not having an A class again and look what we did.

And all I said about not having a mid range Hymer A class too, with their timber exterior floors:D2

Oh dear.
It's not like you to be so shy :xgrin:

P tekkin' or not, I hope you enjoy your new Hymer A Class :xThumb:

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I,m gunna post a photo of a dead same year and model as I didn't take any photos.

Reasons for our choice is I wanted rear wheel drive, I wanted to follow my old mechanic mate of mine who used to work extensively on mercs and his poem went like this.

If the gearsticks on the floor, look around and buy some more
But if the gearstick's on the dash, get outa there in a flash.

After 2000 they are a pile of crap he used to shout.

The one we chose is in lovely condition, 1998 Starline 640, full service history, underfloor exterior in pristine condition, a host of extras. Fully winterised.

We finally decided that with the way things are progressing with motorhomes and looking into the future that a cheap, quality one was required within our £17000 budget, get in there. What a beauty for cheap as chips price. Bone dry, new tyres, rear mudflaps, dirt skirt, 2 solar, new tyres, cab air con, cruise control, water filter, underfloor Truma saphir air con(it works great but will we use it?), brand new fridge freezer, sat dish, rear ladder, chequer plate roof, underslung gas tank, fully upholstered 2 years ago, silver screens exterior, sat dish but not sure if it works, its a manual adjust one, it goes up and down but after that I,m lost, Warranty, local dealer, it is getting polished, they were doing it today when I called.

Shower tray needs repairing, they are removing it and getting it fibre glassed underneath, apart from that and a little alufrass on the skirts its beautiful.

And guess where the bloody gearstick is:D2:xlaugh:

Starline 1998 640.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Well if it’s got all you were wanting , insulation wise , space wise, quality wise etc etc and your happy ...... you finally got there in the end ! :xgrin:
Happy Travels , I hope it’s a good un and you have many great trips in it.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Well if it’s got all you were wanting , insulation wise , space wise, quality wise etc etc and your happy ...... you finally got there in the end ! :xgrin:
Happy Travels , I hope it’s a good un and you have many great trips in it.

Thank you, we may see you on a meet sometime, see if Caz can sup more Gin than you.:xsmile:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I was starting to think you were enjoying the chase a may never buy anything, anyway at least you have seen sense and bought a RWD A class.

Enjoy

Martin

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I,m gunna post a photo of a dead same year and model as I didn't take any photos.

Reasons for our choice is I wanted rear wheel drive, I wanted to follow my old mechanic mate of mine who used to work extensively on mercs and his poem went like this.

If the gearsticks on the floor, look around and buy some more
But if the gearstick's on the dash, get outa there in a flash.

After 2000 they are a pile of crap he used to shout.

The one we chose is in lovely condition, 1998 Starline 640, full service history, underfloor exterior in pristine condition, a host of extras. Fully winterised.

We finally decided that with the way things are progressing with motorhomes and looking into the future that a cheap, quality one was required within our £17000 budget, get in there. What a beauty for cheap as chips price. Bone dry, new tyres, rear mudflaps, dirt skirt, 2 solar, new tyres, cab air con, cruise control, water filter, underfloor Truma saphir air con(it works great but will we use it?), brand new fridge freezer, sat dish, rear ladder, chequer plate roof, underslung gas tank, fully upholstered 2 years ago, silver screens exterior, sat dish but not sure if it works, its a manual adjust one, it goes up and down but after that I,m lost, Warranty, local dealer, it is getting polished, they were doing it today when I called.

Shower tray needs repairing, they are removing it and getting it fibre glassed underneath, apart from that and a little alufrass on the skirts its beautiful.

And guess where the bloody gearstick is:D2:xlaugh:

View attachment 202800
So what's to take the p of with that(n):)

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I was starting to think you were enjoying the chase a may never buy anything, anyway at least you have seen sense and bought a RWD A class.

Enjoy

Martin

Almost went to Germany again to look at a niesmann 1997 merc, but this came up, I think the niesmann is built better, with ali inside and out and a better underfloor.
This 640 has only had 2 owners, the underfloor is immaculate, I was shocked, shocked I tell you. I have put my hand up behind so many skirts and felt a spongy, moist, gooey mess, but not this one:D2 Bone dry and perfect and that's the way it will stay.

OP
OP
CazPaul
Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007

Enjoy

Martin

Almost went to Germany again to look at a niesmann 1997 merc, but this came up, I think the niesmann is built better, with ali inside and out and a better underfloor.
This 640 has only had 2 owners, the underfloor is immaculate, I was shocked, shocked I tell you. I have put my hand up behind so many skirts and felt a spongy, moist, gooey mess, but not this one:D2 Bone dry and perfect and that's the way it will stay.

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
I was shocked, shocked I tell you. I have put my hand up behind so many skirts .

You want to be careful, nowadays pretty hot on sexual harassment

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Looks good for the money and pretty timeless it doesn’t look nearly 20 years old.

My wife thinks the front of most A class look butt ugly so C class Only for us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back