Asturias and Galicia October campsites (1 Viewer)

csx355

Free Member
Mar 24, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 1999
Hi all - does anyone have any recommended campsites that are open in October in the above regions? We are planning on a two week trip leaving mid October.

I just can't find any sites that are open and whilst I don't mind wild camping and aires a few decent serviced campsites would be useful. I'm pretty sure there must be a few sites open but my lousy Spanish isn't helping.

Just to make things a little more complicated sites or recommended aires next to surf beaches would be ace!!!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
cant help with campsites , never use them.
but have you got a stormriders guide.
mind some of the better surf beaches arent in it .
some are secrets .
if your passing call in , been surfing that coast for years .
best map to have is a mapamax spain and portugal. they are spanish but amazon do them .
shows lots names of beaches etc not on most maps .
have a good one .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Check the ACSI books but there will only be a few open all year round. Most close in September as you have found.

Camping El Rosal at San Vicente might be open and is a nice spot.

OP
OP
csx355

csx355

Free Member
Mar 24, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 1999
Many thanks for your replies -
open until November

http://www.campinglapaz.com/ open until mid october, in the ACSI discount scheme
looks like the best option to-date.

Camping El Rosal at San Vicente might be open and is a nice spot.

That looks like an amazing spot but according to the website it closes 13th of October which is when we are leaving. It's a shame as we were sort of mugged for dates on our work holiday calendar. - it won't happen again. I have ordered the Acsi card but have not seen it yet.

stormriders guide
Thanks Alan - I have been living off the storm rider guides for years - mainly for France though. I will check out the maps.

Please keep them coming.

Reactions: DBK

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
there are several good wave places not in stormriders , i think they tried to put the main touristy types in there. unfortunately along the spanish coast some of the little villages that were so good have grown to small towns and took the fun away.
also 15mtr waves washed away alot of the places a few years ago. one of the surf clubs lost its club house and the old bar next door.
camping el rosal does stay open at san vicente , some get away with car park over night . we dont . the police do come round and issue warnings . luckily we have been going so long they know us . we move off the beach area every night , one night here one night there ,beach in the day .
remember it when hardly any houses were around the beach are.
but give a shout and call in if passing .
only two weeks though you will wish it was two months . ha ha .

Reactions: f6c

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
If you get off the ferry at Santander and keep the sea on your right you will find loads of surf spots, some crowded, some not so. Happy travels and good waves. (y)

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Too late for the OP but for anyone else the notice is on the door of Camping Rosal and on Saturday night there were more than 70 vans on the beach car park and about 30 on Sunday night. The Spanish surfers say the police seem to have given up moving vans on.

Attachments

• 79061A17-677A-42C1-8262-D9C054099BA3.jpeg
    79061A17-677A-42C1-8262-D9C054099BA3.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 21
  • D504EA29-F9BA-4DB3-85F7-83D071AC3539.jpeg
    D504EA29-F9BA-4DB3-85F7-83D071AC3539.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 22
OP
OP
csx355

csx355

Free Member
Mar 24, 2017
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 1999
Hi all - just to close this one up, it might be useful for someone else.

We travelled overnight Plymouth to Roscoff and then down to Camping Vert Bord'Eau in St Symphorien South of Bordeaux for the 2nd night. probably should have used an Aire but we wanted to check out some different sites on the trip for future reference.
Next morning on into Spain and checked in to Camping Oyambre Beach - nicely sited but I thought a bit pricey for the facilities (not the location) and a great position for any surfers out there. I quiet and mellow North Easterly facing break. We cycled into San Vincente and checked out Camping El Rosal and the masses of vans parked up at the back of the beach.
Three nights at Oyambre in brilliant sunshine then the weather looked to be closing in so we hi tailed it into San Sebastian for a night on the town and Tapas courtesy of the camper stop and bus service.
On up to Souliac for a night (or two? it's all a blur!!) before settling in for a weeks surfing just north or Les Sables D'Olonne.
Last push was up to Camping Les Salines in Plurien for a night before catching the ferry back to Plymouth. Job done!
1700 miles - just a tad shy of 25 to the gallon. Moules, Huitres and Pastis, loads of waves and a tan to boot. Doesn't get much better than that for me.

IMG_0297.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back