Aquaroll question and separate leak question (1 Viewer)

Kez2010

Free Member
Apr 11, 2022
Funster No
MH
Hymer swing
Hi. I am very new to motorhoming!

I have an aquaroll and notice how most caravans/motorhomes have it constantly plugged into the water inlet.... I can't seem to do that with mine. It is an older motorhome I have and the water inlet is a screw off cap with a big hole not the plug like type other ones seem to have. Am I right in thinking mine is too old for this? I purchased a diesel pump hoping that if not on a fully serviced pitch I can fill up the aquaroll and use the pump to take the water from A to B?

Also, I only have one waste water pipe, which is obviously working as it lets out a large amount of water when opened but I still have a significant amount of water leaking from a very small hose under the kitchen sink every time the kitchen sink is drained. This surely can't be normal?

Deleted User
I've never used one, I just have a 3m hose and a 10ltr water carrier to fill the tank. Imo they're a waste of space.
Can't help with the other.

Upvote 0
Sep 1, 2018
Strathaven
Funster No
MH
Pilote G741
Exp
Since 2018
Sounds like you have an inboard water tank ( like most MoHo’s) , I fill mine with a hose from the tap ,
if I’m right you should be able too ( if necessary) pump the water from your aqua roll to your onboard fresh water tank , the waste water may go into a holding tank which you open a valve to empty or just discharge from a pipe , as for the leak under the sink FIX IT

if you post the make & model of your MoHo it will make it easier to help with info

welcome to the forum

welcome jurassic park GIF

Upvote 0
Oct 17, 2013
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2013
We have always used a jerry can and funnel arrangement on our previous vans, added bonus of a bit of exercise walking to and from the tap. On our current van the water filler is very high and awkward to fill like this so we have resorted to aquarolll, but we do have a power connector to enable us to use a whale pump.
If you are handy it might be possible to fit a 12v power socket for a pump

Upvote 0
May 2, 2021
Selby, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail F70
Exp
it could be worth sourcing another screw type cap and adapting it or buy an angled funnel with the long spout you mat need to tweak it to keep it in place

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 13, 2016
Okehampton
Funster No
MH
Swift Mondial
Exp
Since 2016
Most motorhome don’t use aqua rolls, they have a large tank (ours is 60l) which is usually filled via a hose pipe at a service point or at home, then topped up on the pitch using a watering can or such like. It sounds as though this is what you have (the big hole!)

You should have two taps under the van, one will be the fresh water drain (usually blue) which when opened will dump the contents of the tank, the other will be the dirty water tank drain (usually grey) it may be that the grey waste tap is missing and washing up water etc is draining into the tank and straight out of the bottom.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I don't think most motorhomes use an aquaroll at all. They are cumbersome and bulky to store. I had one and offered it on here with no takers so it went to the tip. All you need are a hose and a watering can for when the hose can't be used.

Upvote 0

TOT

Feb 7, 2022
UK and Ireland
Funster No
MH
Adria
Exp
Quite common to see caravans especially with Aquaroll outside connected up.

My personal preference is to use hose on serviced pitch for filling and then stow away straight after. Only used the Aquaroll when could not be bothered to drive to the water point to refill.............. preference simply down to the local wildlife..!
see below cheeky chappy we foound visiting in devon...
1649751501893.png

If in doubt, check your hoses and cables at night time with UV lamp for a good horror story...

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
As has been said, motorhomes usually have an internal fresh water tank, filled with a hose, watering can or jerrycan.

Unlike caravans, they also have a single (grey) waste water tank, which collects all the waste water from the sinks and shower. There will be one tap on the tank to drain it. Usually you drive the motorhome over the drain point and open the tap. If that's not possible then either a waste hose is connected, or it is drained one bucket at a time. Collapsible buckets are quite commonly used. Those big flat external grey waste tanks you see under caravans are not used, and neither are those double pipe adapters to channel the waste water into them.

Your kitchen sink drain should go into the grey waste tank. Sounds like the pipe is leaking somewhere if it doesn't.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Deleted User
As said above; The leak under your sink is not right and will probably be a failed seal or loose connection, either way it needs sorting.

As for aqua roll’s use with a motorhome; if you have an onboard fresh water tank, then other than carrying water from the site’s water tap to your motorhome, you do not really need one ’plugged’ into the side of your vehicle on the pitch. Caravans do this because they generally do not have onboard water tanks, so the aqua roll is essentially their water tanks, only on the outside.

I do see people who use an aqua roll to collect water from the site’s nearest tap, and then use a small 12v pump to pump the water into their on-board water tank via the outside filler point. I assume it‘s because they like to, and you can get a 40 litre fill in one trip, as opposed to what I and many others do, just do a few trips with a 10 litre plastic watering can, and just pour directly into the fill point on the motorhome. Alternatively you could just drive to the motorhome servicing point and fill up with a short length of hose pipe directly to your tank. (Which is how we started, however the watering can method suits us now).

Horses for courses, you will soon find the best way that suits you 🤗

Upvote 0
Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
I use an aquaroll and diesel pump connected via cigerette socket..
Thought on kitchen drain.. has someone in past disconnected kitchen sink to drain straight into seperate bucket to prevent main waste tank getting filled with grease and gunge from dish washing.???

Upvote 0
May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Malibu Van 640 LE K
Exp
Since 2003
I am one of those that occasionally use a barrel to top up the water, I use a 12V submersible pump to transfer the water. However the main fill is always by hose on arrival. A plug in connector would be right pain in the elbow. Some misguided manufacturers have started putting the plug in connectors on motorhomes, I can only imagine they have found them popular with caravan buyers and thought it would be nice on a motorhome (wrong).

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back