Anywhere beat Safeguard prices ? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Just got a quote from a compare the market type group that suggests Trinity Lane insurers. The new premium is £675!!!
Any one know of them?
The guy I spoke to is Asda 03300226596

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Just got a quote from a compare the market type group that suggests Trinity Lane insurers. The new premium is £675!!!
Any one know of them?
The guy I spoke to is Asda 03300226596
Ouch! Is it a proper Motorhome policy, you need one that covers gas explosion, awning & accessory damage and expensive windscreens.

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Thanks . We can use this to cover it until we sell our van and then maybe look for a different one with our new van.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jac Sprat
Feb 19, 2015
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout 2013
Exp
Since 2016
Went with Comfort in the end. £248 yearly fee for under a 5000k mileage yearly just while we shift our van. Which voted them the best.

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Wow, hate to think what my renewal quote will be next year then with Safeguard as just in the middle of a claim for a new windscreen from Frankia, price wise in the region of 4 grand, thank god its only £100 excess.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
More than happy with Safeguard. Last year's premium £328 including European breakdown and no claims discount protection, this year's £372 and in between they paid out over £2k for an accident we had in Italy. Not their fault about Spain, we got no response either and were luckily able to sort it ourselves (broken wiper motor), but when we broke down in France in 2012, they repatriated the van, gave us a hire car and paid £1000 hotel expenses. Can't complain about that.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
More than happy with Safeguard. Last year's premium £328 including European breakdown and no claims discount protection, this year's £372 and in between they paid out over £2k for an accident we had in Italy. Not their fault about Spain, we got no response either and were luckily able to sort it ourselves (broken wiper motor), but when we broke down in France in 2012, they repatriated the van, gave us a hire car and paid £1000 hotel expenses. Can't complain about that.
Safeguard won't pay car hire or hotel expenses if your van is over 3.5t.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Wow, hate to think what my renewal quote will be next year then with Safeguard as just in the middle of a claim for a new windscreen from Frankia, price wise in the region of 4 grand, thank god its only £100 excess.
Somebody is getting ripped off,when I was at the factory I was told a windscreen was only £900. They showed me an invoice that was for Brownhills.

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Think you'll find an A class windscreen and not a 3rd party one will cost a bit more than 900 notes with the shipping from Germany as well.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

I have called on Safeguard's breakdown teice - once for an oil-pressure sensor in tne Mosel and for a tyre blowout near Leipzig.

Both times easily called the French Emergency number and got a good English-speaking lady with whom we confirmed our position on her map and rescue (they used ADAC) was with us in an hour.

Our Safeguard premium is just over £400 incl. the European breakdown cover for >3.5t and over 3m ht., based on a SW London address. Premium went up £3 this year.

Geoff

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Had a new screen on our Carthago 18 months ago. I insisted they fit Carthago (Bertone) screen rather than a cheapo one. There was a small increase in the Safeguard premium the following year but only by the usual inflationary amount. The NCD isn't affected so don't panic.

Richard.

Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Think you'll find an A class windscreen and not a 3rd party one will cost a bit more than 900 notes with the shipping from Germany as well.
Genuine A class Frankia screen and it was €900, even if it was a couple of hundred quid to ship from Germany it's still a damned sight cheaper than 4 grand !
When I said factory in my other post I meant the Frankia factory and it was the parts manager that showed me the invoice,it was for an older A class van but he told me mine would be the same price. 2011 i7900 .

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Genuine A class Frankia screen and it was €900, even if it was a couple of hundred quid to ship from Germany it's still a damned sight cheaper than 4 grand !
When I said factory in my other post I meant the Frankia factory and it was the parts manager that showed me the invoice,it was for an older A class van but he told me mine would be the same price. 2011 i7900 .
Rumour has it that a genuine Carthago A Class screen is close to £5k.
As I didn't see the price when mine was fitted I have no idea how much the job cost. The information comes from Carthago Owners UK.

Richard.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Rumour has it that a genuine Carthago A Class screen is close to £5k.
As I didn't see the price when mine was fitted I have no idea how much the job cost. The information comes from Carthago Owners UK.

Richard.

Richard

Surely you know that prices displayed on a Mac are always inflated by 33% - it is Apple policy - just read the T+Cs:LOL:

Geoff

Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
Just in the process of renewing the insurance on our 2011 Adria Coral and had forgotten how much fun filling in their online forms and talking to them on the phone could be.

My renewal from Adrian Flux was £226 and I ran it through confused.com and got down to about £185. Spoke to Flux to see if they could sharpen their pencil and in discussion realised that the policy had max 90 days European Cover and we need to pre-advise dates else we would only have 3rd Party cover.

As we have done 90-100 days in Europe past couple of years and hope to do more this year I realised their Highway policy didn't work for us and they offered Trinity Lane with 365 Euro days (but still have to pre-advise!) at £323.

Started reading the threads on here and found Comfort, Saga and Safeguard discussed and have spent a few hours over the past couple of days getting their quotes which range from £277 to £447. I favour Safeguard's package but needless to say it's the most expensive - primarily because they include full AA cover - I already have Joint AA cover for myself and wife which covers any vehicle in UK and ADAC which covers us for any vehicle in Europe.

Safeguard have recommended their sister company Scenic - does anyone have any experience of this provider as I haven't seen mention in any of the threads I have looked at?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Only if you live in the 'right' area they wont even quote for some. :(
Correct, it is definatly a postcode lottery out there.
I have been refused insurance once, paid higher premiums constantly, a friend moved from secure storage in our postcode to parking on the street in another and saved over £50.

Dec 8, 2013
Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral
Exp
Since 2015
Success!!! - just hope I made the right decision. Spoke to Scenic - very helpful chap named Shah - AXA Motorhome Policy with 270 days Euro Cover, unlimited mileage, £350 total excess and £60 windscreen excess wanted to charge £349 but we haggled down to £289 so the deal is done. Still £60 more than my renewal quote but hopefully a more appropriate policy from a mainstream insurer.

Time will tell whether I've made the right decision. :whistle:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Just in the process of renewing the insurance on our 2011 Adria Coral and had forgotten how much fun filling in their online forms and talking to them on the phone could be.

My renewal from Adrian Flux was £226 and I ran it through confused.com and got down to about £185. Spoke to Flux to see if they could sharpen their pencil and in discussion realised that the policy had max 90 days European Cover and we need to pre-advise dates else we would only have 3rd Party cover.

As we have done 90-100 days in Europe past couple of years and hope to do more this year I realised their Highway policy didn't work for us and they offered Trinity Lane with 365 Euro days (but still have to pre-advise!) at £323.

Started reading the threads on here and found Comfort, Saga and Safeguard discussed and have spent a few hours over the past couple of days getting their quotes which range from £277 to £447. I favour Safeguard's package but needless to say it's the most expensive - primarily because they include full AA cover - I already have Joint AA cover for myself and wife which covers any vehicle in UK and ADAC which covers us for any vehicle in Europe.

Safeguard have recommended their sister company Scenic - does anyone have any experience of this provider as I haven't seen mention in any of the threads I have looked at?

"Pre -advising " holiday dates is the same as putting a sign in the front garden stating when you will be away.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back