Anyone use a pressure king pro in their van (1 Viewer)

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
Kates looking at one of these for home but was wondering if anyone has got one
Pros and cons etc
Broken Link Removed

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
think its just an expensive adaption of a good old fashioned bit of kit .
plus will you always have leccy?
iuse an old fashioned pressure cooker at home or in my truck. works on the gas cooker . could work on leccy cooker at home ,but i only but i use gas.
great bits of kit saves energy ,time and locks the flavours in the food.
lots adverts on the telly though on the shopping channels .
but i still cant see it being better than the old style ones .

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Looks very similar to the Instant Pot, which is about 6 litres and twice the price.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm a great believe in the traditional pressure cooker which can be used on gas or electric (not induction as it's aluminium but there are stainless steel ones available). Mine is 5 or 6L (can't remember which and too cold to go rummaging in the van tonight!) so I'd be a bit wary of one that's only 3L as it could prove a bit too small - we like to cook a nice gammon joint etc when away so it would be too small for us and if you wanted to do a full lot of veg, eg spuds, carrots, cabbage etc for a meal at once could find it too small.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I've just had a quick look at the recipe for cooking a gammon joint and it looks like it takes about 50% longer than a traditional pressure cooker so if 'time' is a concern along with using more energy due to the longer time make sure you check out the recipes first so you get an idea of how long stuff will take.

https://www.highstreettv.com/pressure-king-pro-recipes

If you know you're gonna have electric (and it's included in the pitch price) then I can see the appeal but then you could use a traditional pressure cooker with an electric hotplate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Quite a few new ones on Ebay for £34.95 delivered, couple of examples below:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I'm just wondering if this is 'more' than just a pressure cooker in the sense that whether it would double up as an insulated cooking pot, like the Mr D's one, if you can use the internal 'pan' for the pressure cooker on the hob first ...

OP
OP
Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
I'm just wondering if this is 'more' than just a pressure cooker in the sense that whether it would double up as an insulated cooking pot, like the Mr D's one, if you can use the internal 'pan' for the pressure cooker on the hob first ...
Kate was saying
It doubles up as a slow cooker you can also brown meat off and it can roast a whole chicken in twenty minutes
Never used a pressure cooker and the only time I've seen one being used was our nan doing a gammon joint

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I’ve used the 3l for the last week while I was away in the van. I liked it, cooked everything from pot roast beef to fish dishes. Didn’t use the gas cooker at all. You set the timer, walk away and leave it. When it bleeps, dinner is ready. No hassle, no fuss and apart from porridge, very easy to clean.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
That would be fine if you are always likely to have EHU.
I got a pressure cooker recently as we are not always on EHU-except in winter then I use my Remoska or slow pot, pressure cooker stays at mum's!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Kate was saying
It doubles up as a slow cooker you can also brown meat off and it can roast a whole chicken in twenty minutes
Never used a pressure cooker and the only time I've seen one being used was our nan doing a gammon joint

I’ve used the 3l for the last week while I was away in the van. I liked it, cooked everything from pot roast beef to fish dishes. Didn’t use the gas cooker at all. You set the timer, walk away and leave it. When it bleeps, dinner is ready. No hassle, no fuss and apart from porridge, very easy to clean.

I'm wondering if, once you've started it off under pressure and then instead of leaving it to continue cooking via electric, you instead turned it off, whether after say 6 hours it would still be cooked but without the need for 'power' ... @Clive don't suppose you wanna have a go? :rolleyes:

Clive

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2012
Canvey Island
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm wondering if, once you've started it off under pressure and then instead of leaving it to continue cooking via electric, you instead turned it off, whether after say 6 hours it would still be cooked but without the need for 'power' ... @Clive don't suppose you wanna have a go? :rolleyes:
Unlikely as it cools down to quickly

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I keep meaning to try to use my normal pressure cooker as a thermal cooker, like the Mr D, by starting it off on the hob then sticking it in my thermal cool bag (suitably protected of course!) but hubby does all the cooking so I never get the chance! :rolleyes:

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
I keep meaning to try to use my normal pressure cooker as a thermal cooker, like the Mr D, by starting it off on the hob then sticking it in my thermal cool bag (suitably protected of course!) but hubby does all the cooking so I never get the chance! :rolleyes:
My newish pressure cooker is brill. No noise and doesn't steam the windows up. This and a hand blender mean creamy soup all winter. I only remembered the hay box because it was featured on the programme were people live in different decades and they used one a week or so ago. A good pressure cooker cook book helps. Mike

OP
OP
Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
We've ordered a 5Ltr one for £49 delivered from very using a £20 off a £50 spend
Looking forward to using it for some winter soups and stews

Reactions: BwB
OP
OP
Paul and Kate

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick