Anyone stayed at Pontcanna Fields in Cardiff?

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by peter H, Apr 22, 2009.

1. peter H

peter H Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +666
    Going for a few days at the cricket in Cardiff, and rather than travel home each day, thougfht i might stay over.
    So anyone stayed at Pontcanna Field caravan site in Cardiff?

If so any comments?

Cheers in advance

Peter

2. mark e

mark e

Ratings:
    +0
    Send me a pm with youre telephone number and i'll ring you with details. Only live a bout 15 minutes away. Not bad, clean, close to cardiff city centre.

3. evans88

evans88

Ratings:
    +1
    Its a truly great place to stay. Next door to the cricket ground in a very large park and a shortish walk to the City Centre. The only problem is booking in. The warden is usually not there but if you leave a message your call will be returned but you are likely to find the site fully booked.

I hope you enjoy the cricket. I'm a former Glamorgan member (although I live in the south of England). Performance is not too good these days.

4. arty23

arty23 Funster

Ratings:
    +0
    A really good city centre site situated directly opposite the cricket ground and very close to the town centre,

5. peter H

peter H Funster Life Member

Ratings:
    +666
    Well just coming to the end of a three night stay at Pontcanna Fields.
    Most impressed....
    Site is 20 min walk from main shops,and as the reasi=on for coming here was the cricket, 12 minutes from leaving my van i'm sat i my seat at Sophia Gardens, Great !!

Site is clean and tide, has all th eusual amenities etc.

Smallish site i guess only about 50 or so slots for vans and motorhomes, as there has been a Timberland rally here must be 80% plus occupancy.

Showers and loos spotless and a postoffice/general store about 500mtrs away.

The site is about 400mtrs from a main artery into the City, but at night the bigest noise problem is an Owl !!!!

Oh and the dawn chorus starts at about 4:30am

other than that its very peacefull.

Will be back again, and lots more times i guess.

Cheers

{Peter