Anyone need help on a Selfbuild in the Stockport Area? (1 Viewer)

Mar 15, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW T5
Hi we are thinking of starting a selfbuild in the new year, (when we have found a van).

In the meanwhile I thought it would be a good way to hone my "skills" by helping someone with theirs. I am OK with plumbing and electrics and general DIY round the house but never done anything in cars/vans.

I am retired so can fit in with your schedule, I wont be able to help every day but will if I have nothing else going on I may be able to.

We are looking to convert a 6m Docato/Boxer .

So if you in the Stockport Area and need a spare pair of hands or someone to brew up drop me a line.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
The most useful idea I have to offer is to look at as many conversions that use the chassis you favour and discover what the professionals have done with electrics, gas and plumbing, Also which components they favour and how they have built in insulation. In MMM magazine there are many adverts from suppliers of self build components, cupboards and tanks like Cak for storing water in a variety of shapes to suit your needs. Have fun!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2017
Ayr,Scotland
Funster No
MH
Talbot Express
Exp
virgin
Hi we are thinking of starting a selfbuild in the new year, (when we have found a van).

In the meanwhile I thought it would be a good way to hone my "skills" by helping someone with theirs. I am OK with plumbing and electrics and general DIY round the house but never done anything in cars/vans.

I am retired so can fit in with your schedule, I wont be able to help every day but will if I have nothing else going on I may be able to.

We are looking to convert a 6m Docato/Boxer .

So if you in the Stockport Area and need a spare pair of hands or someone to brew up drop me a line.
Selfbuild usually means a house !

You may get a more fruitful response if you tweak your heading,

good luck!

Leo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back