Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
We had a new Elddis caravan before this motorhome. What are they like to live in?

1. You will need a very good tool kit to refix all the things that fall off the first time you look at them, and a phone app for Screwfix.
2. You will need a few Acrow props to support the roof as it collapses and to support the wall cupboards as they start to come away from the wall.
3. You will get to know the repair shop and complaints department of your local dealer very well.

Other than that I can't be of much help as we did not have it long enough to really find out what it was like to live in.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Had our 175 for a little under 3 years now and it has been the best van we have had and it's going to be a keeper for many years to come.
It's never missed a beat and sorry to all the passenger of woe out there, but nothing has fallen off and no water steaming in everywhere.

We find the layout is great with the two full length sofa's that you can stretch out on during the day rather than being cooped and squashed in around a dinette that a lot of MH's have.
You can either sleep as two singles or slide the sofa's together for an extra large double. No trying to squeeze pass each other in the kitchen area and the tall fridge/freezer is a real boon.
The large bathroom with it's full size separate shower cubicle means no paddling around in puddles in shower trays when you want to use the loo.
Loads of storage space in the overhead lockers and under the full length sofa's and a large full height wardrobe.

The couple that owned our van from new before us bough it to live in for 5 months while they were having their house built, so can you live in it, yes.

A couple for areas that are a bit naff are the back wall of the van really needs thinking about to mount a bike rack to it but that's easily overcome and the blown air heating is noisy and not up to much, but I have fitted a Chinese diesel heated which has sorted that one.

Last edited:

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Had an Elddis Encore 255 2015 vintage, zero problems, zero damp, good van, I know you probably wanted feedback on the 175 layout, the 275 will be a bit better appointed, but I was just saying Not all Elddis are badšŸ‘

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
We had a new Elddis caravan before this motorhome. What are they like to live in?

1. You will need a very good tool kit to refix all the things that fall off the first time you look at them, and a phone app for Screwfix.
2. You will need a few Acrow props to support the roof as it collapses and to support the wall cupboards as they start to come away from the wall.
3. You will get to know the repair shop and complaints department of your local dealer very well.

Other than that I can't be of much help as we did not have it long enough to really find out what it was like to live in.
Thanks for your input, really helpfulšŸ‘

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Had our 175 for a little under 3 years now and it has been the best van we have had and it's going to be a keeper for many years to come.
It's never missed a beat and sorry to all the passenger of woe out there, but nothing has fallen off and no water steaming in everywhere.

We find the layout is great with the two full length sofa's that you can stretch out on during the day rather than being cooped and squashed in around a dinette that a lot of MH's have.
You can either sleep as two singles or slide the sofa's together for an extra large double. No trying to squeeze pass each other in the kitchen area and the tall fridge/freezer is a real boon.
The large bathroom with it's full size separate shower cubicle means no paddling around in puddles in shower trays when you want to use the loo.
Loads of storage space in the overhead lockers and under the full length sofa's and a large full height wardrobe.

The couple that owned our van from new before us bough it to live in for 5 months while they were having their house built, so can you live in it, yes.

A couple for areas that are a bit naff are the back wall of the van really needs thinking about to mount a bike rack to it but that's easily overcome and the blown air heating is noisy and not up to much, but I have fitted a Chinese diesel heated which has sorted that one.
Brilliant thanks,non-cramped lounging and no 3rd bed (šŸ‘šŸ‘) high on the tick-list

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
With the chance of offending someone who has a good Elddis my answer would be diplomatic in that there are far better made vans out there! If that answers your question. Not the top of my must have list !

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Brother in law has one, works well for them I think the cabinets and doors are a bit flimsy and do not feel solid but everything works, things have gone wrong they had an issue with the door and the frame needing replacing, there was a leak from the front skylight but all were fixed under warranty. The eldiss warranty should be checked and is not brilliant as I know he had to use Consumer law to pressurise a warranty fix for some crazing in the bodywork as it was after 12 months and not actually leaking :unsure: . Personally, I wouldn't want to fulltime in one or tour in very cold climates, I do feel wear and tear would take it's toll, but great value if the layout and your usage fits.

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
With the chance of offending someone who has a good Elddis my answer would be diplomatic in that there are far better made vans out there! If that answers your question. Not the top of my must have list !
Name me ONE at the price point with the spec

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
I can't as I am not in the market but Benemar springs to mind and Chausson but as the old adage says you get what you pay for There are good and bad vans out there from every maker its, only the bad ones that get the publicity! The good ones we keep and cherise :giggle:

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I can't as I am not in the market but Benemar springs to mind and Chausson but as the old adage says you get what you pay for There are good and bad vans out there from every maker its, only the bad ones that get the publicity! The good ones we keep and cherise :giggle:

That probably explains why there are so many threads on Carthago and Hymer problems on the forum lately not to mention bits of trim disappearing off of Rapido's. ;)

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Did you have a Particularly bad experience with your Elddis??

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Thanks for your input, really helpfulšŸ‘
Sorry, but its all actually true.

After the Elddis fiasco we bought a Benimar. Excellent value for money, no extras to buy they are all included and the quality of build is much, much better. Unlike the Elddis there is no wood in the frame to rot. The electric bed lifts to give a large lounge area, and the 175bhp Ford is a dream to drive.

Last edited:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Did you have a Particularly bad experience with your Elddis??

If you ask that of any mh you will get horror stories. I had no problems with my Eldiss other than the horrible people who tried to break in when I was on a motorway service station.

It had a lovely fire too, as a focal point. I had spotlights over the bed, lots of nice little features.

I WANT IT BACK. :(

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
For the avoidance of doubt, the original post asks about a particular Elddis model

Specifically I was not looking to farm opinions from members who do not rate the brand or even the country of origin
I was looking for people with experience (as opposed to ā€œthey are cheap so I assume that they are shite, as opposed to mine which is twice the price so 3 x as goodā€) of this model which is a quite large 2 berth motorhome, not unique but a tad ā€œunusualā€

I never buy used, ( beds,sofas,fridges,cookers,toilets) but Iā€™m working to an upper limit budget which precludes me from buying a more expensive brand ( with the same fixtures and fittings)

They are all shite for the money, by the way, from Rimor to Morello

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
For the avoidance of doubt, the original post asks about a particular Elddis model

Specifically I was not looking to farm opinions from members who do not rate the brand or even the country of origin
I was looking for people with experience (as opposed to ā€œthey are cheap so I assume that they are shite, as opposed to mine which is twice the price so 3 x as goodā€) of this model which is a quite large 2 berth motorhome, not unique but a tad ā€œunusualā€

I never buy used, ( beds,sofas,fridges,cookers,toilets) but Iā€™m working to an upper limit budget which precludes me from buying a more expensive brand ( with the same fixtures and fittings)

They are all shite for the money, by the way, from Rimor to Morello

Sorry.

May 17, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance SE
Exp
I am a Newbie
Visiting last years show at the NEC I was impressed with the range of Elddis vehicles offered by a company, Vehicles 4 Leisure.
Branches at Prestatyn and Chester.
Compared to the other Elddis dealers at the show, they offered the lowest prices for motorhomes with many extras fitted.
And this is not just show deals. Checking their website they offer all the extras fitted to the Majestic range, but at considerable reduced prices of the Marquis brand.
I have to state I have had no dealing or contact with this company, so cannot vouch for their service or their products. For anyone interested in purchasing an Elddis I thought they may be interested in checking them out.
At the show I did add them to my short list for possible purchase.
What influenced me on my return home, I researched the Elddis brand which did not seem to receive good reviews.
So, perhaps foolishly, I quickly rejected them from my list.
But I did like what I saw of the Elddis range !

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Visiting last years show at the NEC I was impressed with the range of Elddis vehicles offered by a company, Vehicles 4 Leisure.
Compared to the other Elddis dealers at the show, they offered the lowest prices for motorhomes with many extras fitted.
And this is not just show deals. Checking their website they offer all the extras fitted to the Majestic range, but at considerable reduced prices of the Marquis brand.
I have to state I have had no dealing or contact with this company, so cannot vouch for their service or their products. For anyone interested in purchasing an Elddis I thought they may be interested in checking them out.
What influenced me on my return home, I researched the Elddis brand which did not seem to receive good reviews.
Yes ours is a dealer special Accordo 105 but it's badged a 'Prestige' exclusive to Vehicles 4 Leisure. The dealership is ok, nice people, we took the van back for a new fridge and everything went smoothly. Only thing is they are a bit out of the way for most people.

As for Elddis, it's such a shame they don't put I bit more care into the build. We've had lots of silly little problems. The design is OK, the materials seem good quality, but the chimpanzee's that throw it all together are very careless. That said, for the price it's like buying a 90% completed van and finishing it yourself, if you consider it that way they are great value vans and the Prestige is loaded with extras like cruise control, bike rack, awning, 3 ring cooker (one electric) and better seat cushions.

Problems we've had;
Sink drains leaking (fittings upside-down)
Bathroom sink tap loose.
Wheel arch liners not sealed.
Seats got threads hanging off them.
Wardrobe door frame wobbly (needed extra bracket)
Water filler hose leaking.

So nothing too disastrous but it would be nice if they could give you a list of things to finish off instead of all the little surprises in store šŸ˜

OP
OP
Cheshirecat57

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Went to Chester last Friday.....22 miles from me......its that that has got the Elddis thing going in my head
Cheers šŸ‘

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back