Anyone Else Missed this Junction? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wee Bold Davy
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
You don't actually see the junction until your on top of it!

View attachment 422896
I completely missed the first sign as I wasn't expecting to turn right to stay on the A4086. I had checked the route in the road atlas briefly before leaving home and I knew that when I turned off the A5 onto the A4086 it was a straight road to Llanberis. The small sign right on the junction is easily missed as it's on the wrong side of the road and you're attention is distracted by all the signs concerning the bus terminus on the left. Simply a poor layout, I feel the road numbers should be written on the road if the road you're on is radically changing its direction.

OP
OP
Wee Bold Davy
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Can't lose what you never had Davy!!! :unsure:

We have a Garmin Camper 760LM which I bought from an old boy on Gumtree for the princely sum of £30 which included postage. The bargains are out there, you just need to keep your eyes peeled, but I accept that we were very lucky to get this one.
When was the last time you updated the maps?
I rarely ever use satnavs, I'm lucky enough to have a brilliant memory for roads & if I've been there once, I remember it & an inbuilt compass, my mate calls me the Human Satnav lol.
I updated the maps about a month ago as we've been out in the van 4 weekends out of the last 6.
I was a lorry driver for 12 years before I moved to Wales 18 years ago, you could never lose me anywhere in Scotland or north of the M62 in England but have never been south or east of London.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wee Bold Davy
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
I used to find places perfectly well without a satnag, I had my own way of writing down directions that meant I could check at a glance.
I used to do that when I drove lorries, may get myself back into the habit and rely less on the satnag (y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wee Bold Davy
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
Oh dear wee man!:confused:
You blame the bl**dy sat nav for using it's initiative! All it's fault, etc!
And there was you singing 500 miles and the good old very amenable sat nav was trying to meet your wishes and gets shouted at for doing so!:rolleyes:
Maybe blame where blame is due!:p;):giggle:
I'm thinking of changing the satnag voice from a lady to a man. My wife often says, 'You don't listen to me.'
It's real handy having a hearing aid :whistle2:

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I updated the maps about a month ago as we've been out in the van 4 weekends out of the last 6.
I was a lorry driver for 12 years before I moved to Wales 18 years ago, you could never lose me anywhere in Scotland or north of the M62 in England but have never been south or east of London.
We've only used ours once mate & I ended up swearing furiously at it.

If I'm going into an area which I don't know, I now tend to look at the journey on Google earth, once I've viewed it, its locked in, might be worth a try next time.
Either that or the satnag will get thrown through your motorhome window before the window is opened!

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
My wife often says, 'You don't listen to me.'
Get her one of these.........
Listen, don't stare..jpg

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I used to do that when I drove lorries, may get myself into the habit and rely less on the satnag (y)
A lifetime spent finding and driving to various places is not lost overnight. My primary use is the last mile or so of an unfamiliar journey. Collect items bought online quite often, and finding some obscure little cul-de-sac on a modern estate is fun without guidance from a satnav

I still notate my route by name and junction on a sheet of paper before any long journey. The old ways were good for a reason

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back