Anybody out in france or Spain at the moment ?? (1 Viewer)

Funlover65

Free Member
Sep 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2001
Hi , we are watching covid situation daily and losing hope of getting out to France and Spain this winter. We are not worried about quarantining for 14 days on return , but are more concerned about the current attitude to British motorhomes going out there . I might add , not just covid wise but Brexit wise too....I fear backlash directed at us , as negotiations turn sourer.
Is there anyone out there now , particularly in France , and using the" aires ."...If so how is it going .Have you had any negative reception??
As I understand it at the moment our only requirement is to fill out a "sworn statement of absence of covid symptoms" in order to enter France .Also , for now free movement between departments is permitted.
Hoping for some positive feedback from anyone out there now .

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We came back from France two weeks ago and experienced no problems whatsoever. The French were glad to see us whether on sites, Aires or in shops/restaurants. With higher levels of CV there than in the U.K. there is no reason for them to be concerned about us visiting.

As far as Brexit is concerned the vast majority don’t seem to give a damn. It just doesn’t figure high on their agenda.

I think you are worrying unnecessarily. Go, take sensible precautions, and enjoy the trip. We certainly intend to visit Spain in January/February next year.

Dec 30, 2019
Manchester, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner t700
Exp
Early 2019
Got back in UK just before 14day rule came in, had three weeks in France drove up from Spain and had no issues, stayed in Brittany and then into Normandy, French were great and I think a bit pleased to see Brits on there campsites

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 16, 2017
Worksop
Funster No
MH
Chausson 711
Exp
Since 2018
We are currently on a campsite in the south of France enjoying the nice sunshine, I must say nobody seems to care where your from and pleasantly get on with their own business. Been away 4 weeks now and had no problem with peoples attitudes. Done the Netherlands, Belgium, and France. 😁

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Been back three weeks, totally normal and nobody seemed to care less about where we were from.

Brexit never mentioned and Covid stuff was normal and sensible precautions.

SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
We spent 10 days on Aires in France recently, people seemed pleased to see us! As everyone knows the French love motorhoming and I believe they appreciate that fellow travellers are still prepared to visit France regardless of the virus or Brexit.

In a Pickle

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Knaus Boxlife LHD
Exp
Since 2001
No problems here, you’ll be welcomed with open arms. Every little helps at the moment, come and enjoy the beautiful autumn weather.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We spent July in France. Welcoming as always. Very few British down south, in fact we didn't see any.
I don't think most of the French care about Brexit. The main effect will be on the wine trade, and I expect we will still buy it, though it may cost us a bit more.

Reactions: SMB
Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
We were in France early July till about a week ago. Brilliant time, lots of friendly chat with all nations. Now in Spain, again all good. People holidaying in Europe are not spiteful and petty like the people who reside on Facebook or forums who are living their life on a keyboard. Plus the weather is great here so that always puts people in a better mood than miserable uk. 😂

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
Currently in Portugal having spent the last 4 weeks touring through France, Belgium, Germany, Luxembourg and Spain. No issues anywhere so far and local welcome where we have talked with anyone has been fantastic.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We are in France now and have been for couple of weeks and will be for couple of weeks.
No problems at all, we are only using Aires.
From the Tunnel came down the East side to near Metz, across below Paris-Central France and now heading to Carnac to look at the stones!
Most of the Aires have had plenty of MoHos on up to 56-that was Sully-sur-Loire!
Not had any bad feelings anywhere, had several ‘conversations’ with French and Dutch, our French is almost non-existent and we tell them so but they still insist on talking to us about the weather/vans/or anything!
The only fly in the ointment will be the Q14 when we get back as we can’t go ‘home’ as MiL is shielding-or meant to be! So will stay in friends garden but means we can’t go shopping nor for a walk! Will be hard in a 6 mtr van.
It’s all fine here tho no trouble!

Pugsy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 3, 2018
D&G
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Quite a few folk over in France n Spain at the moment then. I have ferry booked early October but just wondering what is the script with health insurance.Have some of you got covid cover,other health issues only,or just using the Ehic card as both are on the essential travel only list at the moment?
Cheers Cris.🍻.

May 12, 2019
Tyneside-Cadiz: All points between!
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Years Tugging - Newbie MHing
Quite a few folk over in France n Spain at the moment then. I have ferry booked early October but just wondering what is the script with health insurance.Have some of you got covid cover,other health issues only,or just using the Ehic card as both are on the essential travel only list at the moment?
Cheers Cris.🍻.
Sorry Cris, I have corporate cover for myself and Sue, covers all medical issues including Ovid, but not travel issues like cancelled flights etc.

Not sure what the situation is if you were trying to buy it now!

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Using Aires for a while and everybody is very friendly, it’s been mainly French vans with a few Dutch and German.

huck999

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Crewe, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Wife and I have been touring France for past month. Lovely country, lovely people. A country that loves MH's. Will be returning via Germany and then will take a run to the chunnel. Apparently, if we are in Germany (not on isolation list at moment) 2 weeks and then stay in the van until we reach the UK we will avoid a lockdown. Is this correct?

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Wife and I have been touring France for past month. Lovely country, lovely people. A country that loves MH's. Will be returning via Germany and then will take a run to the chunnel. Apparently, if we are in Germany (not on isolation list at moment) 2 weeks and then stay in the van until we reach the UK we will avoid a lockdown. Is this correct?
That is correct. If you were in Germany for a week, you would only need to quarantine for a week in UK. Any number of days, comes off the 14 day period.

taken from Government site.
Example of when you would need to self-isolate
You are in a country that is not on the travel corridor list. You travel to a country that is on the list and you stay there for 4 days from the day after you arrive. You then travel to England.

When you get to England, you will need to self-isolate for 10 days, not the usual 14 days. That is because you have spent 4 of the 14 days in a country that is on the travel corridor list

Hymerbell

Free Member
Apr 2, 2014
Winchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer 674
Exp
Since 2002 plus 20 years in a tent
Hi , we are watching covid situation daily and losing hope of getting out to France and Spain this winter. We are not worried about quarantining for 14 days on return , but are more concerned about the current attitude to British motorhomes going out there . I might add , not just covid wise but Brexit wise too....I fear backlash directed at us , as negotiations turn sourer.
Is there anyone out there now , particularly in France , and using the" aires ."...If so how is it going .Have you had any negative reception??
As I understand it at the moment our only requirement is to fill out a "sworn statement of absence of covid symptoms" in order to enter France .Also , for now free movement between departments is permitted.
Hoping for some positive feedback from anyone out there now .
You must have been following EU flag avatar Funsters...or watching the BBC. Been out here 3 weeks. Everything fine everywhere...in fact I’d go as far to say the French are becoming really friendly 😊 especially in the shops and restaurants. Aires are great and less full. Everything brilliant !

OP
OP
F

Funlover65

Free Member
Sep 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2001
Thank you all.... got my mojo back ....we hope to travel on 20th september. Think I must have been going stircrazy and despondent after 6 months in a house . Normally we spend 9 months drifting around europe and 3 in UK. It has been tough . AND ......the vino has nearly run out . This will be last chance to fill motorhome to the gunnels with more , before being restricted to a miserable 1 litre each .

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
We went through the tunnel on 27th August. Spent several days dawdling down through France and now in Italy en Route to Greece, ferry tomorrow.
We used a mixture of aires and wilding spots found on searchforsites and park4night.
Haven’t seen any other U.K. registered motor homes; there are lots about but mainly Dutch or French.
The aires are quiet and the locals seemed happy to see us.
Masks are worn everywhere, but mainly the disposable ones, and often as a chin support, or covering the mouth and not the nose. We have home made fabric masks and got a few sideways glances.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
What papers (Covid wise) do you need for entering France and Spain :unsure:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun