Any tips to stop motorbike and push-bike thieves? (1 Viewer)

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Yer we did many years ago we had 2 bikes stolen went into the local do as you likey camp got um back I was brave or silly in those days .
I had a car stolen years ago and the police said that it was probably in a lock up within 4 miles I was going to go looking for it and was strongly advised against for my own safety

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jamesh

Free Member
Jun 28, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Caravaning since 2010
My son had his road bike stolen. It was in a metal shed and multiple locked onto a ground staple set into a huge block of concrete (over a tonne in weight). The police said a crane (from the building site adjacent) was used to lift the shed out of the way and the bike (complete with staple and concrete block) was also taken.

The bike looked more expensive than it was and had been hard used. It was insured. The loss adjuster took one look at the crime scene and couldn't believe anyone would go to such lengths to steal a bike worth less than £1000. Son replaced that bike with a more expensive one that looked like it came from a recycling centre (custom paint job) - and carried it up and down to a third floor flat at least once a day.

He said the worst part of the experience was that someone had been watching him and came all tooled up just to take the bike.
Sounds like an inside job.

Go and take a equivalent value of building materials... I jest but sounds fishy...

Cheers James

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Sounds like an inside job.

Go and take a equivalent value of building materials... I jest but sounds fishy...

Cheers James

Stuff also taken from building site. Culprit was found, charged etc etc got a fine - goods never recovered. He was a casual labourer from the site and had been watching my son and the bike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back