Any sea fishing bod's? (1 Viewer)

Feb 20, 2010
winchcombe
Funster No
MH
swift sundance 630g
Hi all i couldn't find the general chat so if this thread is in the wrong place sorry, We are of to the south west of France for 30 days and like to have a try at sea fishing as i do in wales,Has anyone had any experience ? what tackle,fish expected (hope to catch) rules etc,I have checked on line but would prefer other peoples opinions cheers matt.

StanandShirley

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 29, 2014
Chatteris Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson Titanium 640
Exp
four years
Best thing is to have chat with the locals who are fishing even not being able to speak French you can get by, they will show you what bait works best for the area your in.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Difficult hobby with a motor Home, Most Single cause of damp known in the trade :doh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Not sure about France... but... Spain you DO need a license... :)

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
You don't need a licence to sea fish in France, but look out for local regulations that will be posted on notice boards around the coast. If you are intending to fish from the beach or rocks then just fish as you would in the UK but don't expect to be able to buy lugworm, ragworm or peeler crab as you can back home. There may be limited supplies here and there, but mainly the locals use bait they dig or find themselves, or lures.

If you want to fish from a boat then there are several options from the Il d'Oleron. The Tourist Office would be your best chance of information.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Would be interested in joining you once you were back in Wales. Potential for a mini sea fishing meet?

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
The Northern part of FFFFrance is very shallow for a long way out and only good for "Flatties".
Never bothered further South.
Mitch.

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
The Northern part of FFFFrance is very shallow for a long way out and only good for "Flatties".
Never bothered further South.
Mitch.

In Normandy and Brittany there are loads of mullet in tidal creeks, estuaries and in marinas (check to see whether fishing is allowed in the marina first) and you will find wrass in and around rocky areas at high tide. Some locals use 15 foot telescopic rods to hurl a bubble float and a dozen or so mackerel traces out and then catch fish on the retrieve. The river at Quimper is full of mullet and they take small jelly lures.

The middle bit between Brittany and Arcachon is mainly sandy beaches and there are plenty of bass just beyond the breakers. There are sometimes migratory fish to be caught in the Gironde estuary which is a bit like the 'Umber, but without the ambience :D2

I haven't ventured further south that that with my rods.

OP
OP
matt34
Feb 20, 2010
winchcombe
Funster No
MH
swift sundance 630g
thanks all i will take some basic stuff and buy what i need, and give it a go

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun