Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
IMV. The "hidden" Cut-out switch is still a viable option. Takes TIME to find. And TIME is what these scrotes do not have?.

Certainly a viable option, but if they have been able to disarm the alarm by picking a Tibbe lock, they may not feel under the same time pressure as if a Growler (which is not linked to central locking) is making their lives a misery.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Certainly a viable option, but if they have been able to disarm the alarm by picking a Tibbe lock, they may not feel under the same time pressure as if a Growler (which is not linked to central locking) is making their lives a misery.

I agree, That sort of Internal siren is a deterrent. Mine (not the "Growler") came with the M-H and when it goes off it make your ears bleed!. I dont think I would start looking for any sort of "hidden" device with that going off. Would you?. Because once triggered without the correct (Non Fiat) Key or the code. It cannot be stopped, even IF you find the Alarm, it has to be physically removed and crushed!.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Would just like to say. We have a Transit based motorhome and it hasn't been stolen in 6 1/2 years!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TJBi

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
Would just like to say. We have a Transit based motorhome and it hasn't been stolen in 6 1/2 years!

Mine hadn't been stolen in 22 months... and then all of a sudden it wasn't there any more. They can be taken in less than 5 minutes without any damage or noise unless the alarm is independent of the central locking.
I can only hope that you've taken appropriate precautions to address the vulnerabilities: change the cab door lock cylinder to something more secure than Tibbe, prevent/seriously hinder unauthorised access to the OBD port.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Mine hadn't been stolen in 22 months... and then all of a sudden it wasn't there any more. They can be taken in less than 5 minutes without any damage or noise unless the alarm is independent of the central locking.
I can only hope that you've taken appropriate precautions to address the vulnerabilities: change the cab door lock cylinder to something more secure than Tibbe, prevent/seriously hinder unauthorised access to the OBD port.

Yeh, yeh, I know.

OBD protected.

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
You can buy dummy OBD ports online. The idea is to hide the original and put the dummy in the position of the original.

It is connected to the original port so that it powers up the thief's equipment but won't work.

Sod that, I would connect my dummy OBD port to the inverter and fry their kit!

Look at this on eBay Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back