Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I eat tinned potatoes in my mh. :)
They're very useful to have, the trick is to rinse them well to get rid of the brine taste .... warmed and then swirled round the pan with a knob of butter and seasoned they go nice with a chop and most other things, or sliced and dried then shallow fried they make a good alternative to chips ... just don't try mashing them! :giggle:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We always carry the ingredients for the Lazy Tart's Dinner in our camping/caravanning/motorhome 'pantry' and a pan large enough to hold it for heating up. Ingredients are a tin of stewed steak and gravy, a tin ot carrots and a tin of spuds. Drain veg then chuck contents of all 3 tins in pan and heat. Two spoons and at least one dish also needed.

Known as "Tart's Tea" here as well but sometimes corned beef (aka corned horse) instead of the stewed steak.

It's dried pasta here because getting gluten free fresh pasta isn't really an opion. I have tried to make gf pasta but it was not a success ......... cooking gf dried pasta is an art. It doesn't swell as it cooks and can be hard as the hobs of hell then 30 seconds later has become slush at the bottom of the pan. So if anyonw is tempted to buy gf because wheat pasta is out of stock I wish you luck ...... like the **** who bought almond milk as there was no longlife cows' milk and found it "split" when put into hot drinks - and then complained.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
250gms Chorizo
1x 400gms tin chopped toms
1x 400gms butter beans

De-skin Chorizo, then slice into 10-15mm chunks, fry till turning brown, bung on the toms and drained Beans, stir, serve when hot.

Easy and quick.

..... and sprinkle with smoked paprika as stirring.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Screenshot_20200928_175418.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
And never stack dishes if you use 2 then you only have to wash one side?
That is so true! I am constantly telling hubby not to stack dirty plates as I end up having to use paper towels to clear the mess off the underneath before I can wash them up rather than just the top of them. :mad:

Solved the problem in the camper though ... we use paper plates most meals! :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 25, 2022
Funster No
MH
Elddis
Luckily our stockpile had hardly been touched so we were able to top it up this time. We have even brought some packets of pasta away with us in the event of an economic collapse we should be able to barter it for fuel to return home.
Bet you're glad you stocked up with all that pasta now that the economic collapse is here and you can finally barter it for that even more expensive fuel!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back