LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I cannot believe that all the people that panic bought in march have used all the loo roll and eaten all the pasta unless there has been another kind of pandemic that no one has told us about that causes diarrhea :unsure:

<Broken link removed>

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
I cannot believe that all the people that panic bought in march have used all the loo roll and eaten all the pasta unless there has been another kind of pandemic that no one has told us about that causes diarrhea :unsure:

<Broken link removed>
Plenty for everyone before the panic started..

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
Luckily our stockpile had hardly been touched so we were able to top it up this time. We have even brought some packets of pasta away with us in the event of an economic collapse we should be able to barter it for fuel to return home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Does pasta last forever? I've found a couple of packs in the back of the cupboard and realised my beautiful pasta jar is also full. I havn't looked in it for years.. It's just an ornament. :)

We found a part pack of pasta in the back of the cupboard during lock down dated 2008, we are still here and it tasted okay. The 2003 packet of dry rice was okay too.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Every month my good lady empties the tin food cupboard and brings all the oldest tins to the front. This ensures nothing gets out of date

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
I’m confused, do people really eat dried pasta, lot alone keep it in a jar?

00 flour, oil, eggs, semolina flour if you want texture bit of time job done

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Pasta????. Have you seen the size of some of the Italian Ladies?. Girls I would stay clear of it!. :rofl:

BTW. did you know (useless info time again) That spaghetti is NEVER on the menu when HMQ dines, publicly, even when on tour in Italy.

OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Pasta????. Have you seen the size of some of the Italian Ladies?. Girls I would stay clear of it!. :rofl:

BTW. did you know (useless info time again) That spaghetti is NEVER on the menu when HMQ dines, publicly, even when on tour in Italy.
Yes but what about the loo roll :unsure:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Well you'll be very proud of me for not wasting loo roll ... hubby had changed the one in the bathroom but put the new one on wrong way round so I swapped it then used a piece to blow my nose, when I went to put the paper in the bin ... shock horror ... I found the old roll in there with several sheets of paper on it!!!! :oops: There was enough for 2 loo-uses for me ... :rolleyes:

Obviously he was severely chastised and is now sulking! :LOL:

Oct 2, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 866f
Exp
Since 2014
I’m confused, do people really eat dried pasta, lot alone keep it in a jar?

00 flour, oil, eggs, semolina flour if you want texture bit of time job done
Never eaten it dry. We normally put it in a pan of boiling water.
Not sure why you need those other ingredients, whatever it is, it sounds pretty boring.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Does pasta last forever? I've found a couple of packs in the back of the cupboard and realised my beautiful pasta jar is also full. I havn't looked in it for years.. It's just an ornament. :)
Yes Joy, it will be fine so long as you can't seen any bugs or 'powdery' stuff all over it ... we had some pack of pasta and although in date when we went to use them they had loads of critters crawling all over them in the still sealed pack. :oops:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Yes Joy, it will be fine so long as you can't seen any bugs or 'powdery' stuff all over it ... we had some pack of pasta and although in date when we went to use them they had loads of critters crawling all over them in the still sealed pack. :oops:

Ugh. Crumbs Mel. I'm going to be very vigilant from now on. :(

Also just found this from an old thread.....

Quote: Potato's, Rice, Pasta all Startchy, we were warned of these be our dealer when we picked up our first MH, so we avoid putting down the drain in the MH. Pete end quote

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
With readily available fresh Pasta, I can't believe people still use dried pasta.........

Next someone will be posting they eat tinned potatoes 🙂

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hubby works as general maintenance in a school..forever getting call out from kitchen staff saying..ooh the sink is blocked...!!! Every time it's rice and pasta, expands in the pipe..blocks up..so I'm sure I read on here, mostly people rinse separately in a bucket, if washing up in your van..poor ? Poor littlee pipes :X3:

OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
With readily available fresh Pasta, I can't believe people still use dried pasta.........

Next someone will be posting they eat tinned potatoes 🙂

Some of us cannot spend all day swanning around from pasta shop to pasta shop on a motorbike, we have to work for a living but if you are passing my way feel free to drop some off 👨‍🍳👨‍🍳

funny that found the emergency tin of potatoes in the van yesterday.........:roflmto:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We always carry the ingredients for the Lazy Tart's Dinner in our camping/caravanning/motorhome 'pantry' and a pan large enough to hold it for heating up. Ingredients are a tin of stewed steak and gravy, a tin ot carrots and a tin of spuds. Drain veg then chuck contents of all 3 tins in pan and heat. Two spoons and at least one dish also needed.

Peppadog

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 11, 2018
Nr Bath
Funster No
MH
Sunlight C600 pvc
Exp
Since the late 70's

Yes but what about the loo roll :unsure:
No. They are never on the menu either 😎

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Some of us cannot spend all day swanning around from pasta shop to pasta shop on a motorbike, we have to work for a living but if you are passing my way feel free to drop some off 👨‍🍳👨‍🍳

funny that found the emergency tin of potatoes in the van yesterday.........:roflmto:

Just message me your requirements and I'll deliver within the hour....

...... Oh, hang on a minute, we're in lockdown - sorry......

...... But as soon as we're allowed..... 🙂

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We always carry the ingredients for the Lazy Tart's Dinner in our camping/caravanning/motorhome 'pantry' and a pan large enough to hold it for heating up. Ingredients are a tin of stewed steak and gravy, a tin ot carrots and a tin of spuds. Drain veg then chuck contents of all 3 tins in pan and heat. Two spoons and at least one dish also needed.
No no no,,not tinned carrots,,,BUSBY:unsure::unsure:

OP
OP
Nanniemate

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Why the dish save washing up 2 spoons and straight out of the pan student style 👩‍🍳

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I also have those emergency greedyments in the m/h with the addition of a tin of peas. It's a hangover from my sailing days with hungry kids. We still call it 'Boat stew'.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
120306056_1870362746437220_5747121414575934660_n.jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Same here, its our meal of choice when travelling to/from the chunnel. We do rinse the veg in clean water first though to get rid of the brine otherwise it can be quite salty and cut the spuds up a bit so it doesn't take so long to heat up. It's nice to have with a bit of crusty bread and butter ... mmmmmmmm.

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
Same here, its our meal of choice when travelling to/from the chunnel. We do rinse the veg in clean water first though to get rid of the brine otherwise it can be quite salty and cut the spuds up a bit so it doesn't take so long to heat up. It's nice to have with a bit of crusty bread and butter ... mmmmmmmm.
I posted this in a different thread a few weeks ago, but when I used to go camping with my parents we would sometimes have this exact meal. Bloody lovely!! My brother and I used to jokingly refer to it as "cat food" due to its appearance though!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back