Another stupid question... you can tell I'm new ;-) (2 Viewers)

TechnoDude

Free Member
Mar 27, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 125
Is it possible to connect a SafeFill bottle (inside the gas locker) to a Gaslow remote filler, or do you have to take them out of the van to fill them?

Asking for a friend ;-)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
If your referring to your gaslow bottle on your other thread then yes, just get the corresponding hoses and filler to fitā€¦

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If your referring to your gaslow bottle on your other thread then yes, just get the corresponding hoses and filler to fitā€¦

Wake up Garry he said Safefill.šŸ¤£

OldCodger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 1, 2017
Surrey, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 143 LE
Exp
Since 2016
Is it possible to connect a SafeFill bottle (inside the gas locker) to a Gaslow remote filler, or do you have to take them out of the van to fill them?

Asking for a friend ;-)
We take ours out! Canā€™t see how you can do otherwise? Safefill uses the same connection for filling (very high pressure) and consumption (low pressure)

OP
OP
T

TechnoDude

Free Member
Mar 27, 2024
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 125

Not really sure what you mean? I was thinking of just 1 SafeFill bottle in the locker with the input connected to a Gaslow filler on the outside of the MH. I'm guessing it would be ok, just a matter of getting the right connectors?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Not really sure what you mean? I was thinking of just 1 SafeFill bottle in the locker with the input connected to a Gaslow filler on the outside of the MH. I'm guessing it would be ok, just a matter of getting the right connectors?
No you can't do that.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better

In your other thread you say you have a gaslow bottle and on this thread you refer to a safefill bottleā€¦? Do you have one of eachā€¦?

Jul 29, 2022
Watford, Hertfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 599 S

Asking for a friend ;-)
Always worth a google, other search engines are available, someone has probably already asked it somewhere.
Unless your Mr Creutzfeldt-Jakob that is.
Google question: remote filler for safefill bottles

Steve Drew Posted December 15, 2016
I have already asked Safefill this, because Safefill only have one outlet/inlet into the bottle it would mean the filler tube would remain full of gas after the Safefill bottle cut off at 80% this would not be safe so it cannot be done.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
On this thread you have a gaslow bottle..

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
Always worth a google, other search engines are available, someone has probably already asked it somewhere.
Unless your Mr Creutzfeldt-Jakob that is.
Google question: remote filler for safefill bottles

Steve Drew Posted December 15, 2016
I have already asked Safefill this, because Safefill only have one outlet/inlet into the bottle it would mean the filler tube would remain full of gas after the Safefill bottle cut off at 80% this would not be safe so it cannot be done.
Theoretically it would be possible to have a remote filler by the addition of a shutoff ball valve between the inboard end of the filler hose and the POL fitting. One would have to turn off the gas at the cylinder before connecting and disconnecting but that should be standard practice when refilling anyway.

I have thought about doing this but have, as yet, not been able to source a cutoff valve with the requisite connections.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Theoretically it would be possible to have a remote filler by the addition of a shutoff ball valve between the inboard end of the filler hose and the POL fitting. One would have to turn off the gas at the cylinder before connecting and disconnecting but that should be standard practice when refilling anyway.

I have thought about doing this but have, as yet, not been able to source a cutoff valve with the requisite connections.
Far too risky, make a mistake not closing the valve properly and you could end up with liquid gas in the pipes turning hob/fridge etc., into flame throwers.

Dec 19, 2020
The salty bit of Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017
That would only pertain if the 80% overfill failed. Anyway the prudent owner knows how much should go in at each refill no matter what the setup.

Sep 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
4 berth coachbuilt
That would only pertain if the 80% overfill failed. Anyway the prudent owner knows how much should go in at each refill no matter what the setup.
But you have to to remember that Sod's Law says that if it can happen it will happen.

Our local Auto Gas fill the bottles for us and we have to keep an eye on them. So my knowledge is irrrelevant if I do not watch them like a hawk.

Any mixture of Safefill with anything else is dangerous.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
And what would happen if he sold the van on to a novice? Suppose the dead cannot complain šŸ‘æ

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

I totally agree and I am ready to stop the pump at the estimated fill.

I do not consider that is particularly 'prudent' more just sensible. Why does everybody not do it?

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
I totally agree and I am ready to stop the pump at the estimated fill.

I do not consider that is particularly 'prudent' more just sensible. Why does everybody not do it?

Simply because the daft, stupid and thick, who are either totally oblivious or just donā€™t give a damn, walk among us šŸ˜³šŸ˜³

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back