Another Gadget Or Two For Filling Your Water tank! (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Know a lot on here, like us, are big fans of the HEOSwater filler cap & other similar filling devices but spotted this adapter on a couple of Facebook groups today & don't think it has been posted here so hope they (thank you Adam (y)) don't mind us sharing:

1564690345032.png

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
It's a Gardena Angled Tap Connector & cheapest we found including delivery was here http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-5...0001&campid=5338547443&icep_item=123851227755 at £4.75.

View attachment 321728
Mr Wombles wants one to try so less kinks in our hose!
As well as the original poster in the UK it looks like from the Facebook chat that motorhomers have been using these in France for years.
DBK John, we're you not looking for something like this? (or have I got it all wrong again!)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Does the water level gauge not work on your van Wombles ?
Yes - but it's not that accurate & Mr Wombles finds it easier with the meter as he can get other jobs done while it's filling without having to pop in & out of the van to check.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Know a lot on here, like us, are big fans of the HEOSwater filler cap & other similar filling devices but spotted this adapter on a couple of Facebook groups today & don't think it has been posted here so hope they (thank you Adam (y)) don't mind us sharing:

View attachment 321727
Thanks for that, I made up my own thingie to avoid the problem of the hose cutting off the supply. This happens with low water pressure and especially with a lay flat hose. :)

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
I use a 10 litre watering can. 1 load is 10 litres, 2 loads are 20 litres can you see the pattern emerging here
Exactly what we do so when setting off just pop 2 1/2 loads in and as appropriate thereafter. The plastic jerry shape is easier to store than watering can which we often see on campsites and usually only hold 5 litres

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
I wonder if the Wombles have any room left on their MH for themselves they seem to have access to so many toys. :D

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
I use a 10 litre watering can. 1 load is 10 litres, 2 loads are 20 litres can you see the pattern emerging here

Now let me see.

Water tank 340 litres, using one 10 litre watering can equals 34 loads and half a days work. :rofl:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
So we just fill ours till the water comes out the hole. Then you know it is full.
I think the idea is only to put in a certain amount rather than fill it totally as not everyone likes to travel with full tanks.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
This is my version as our camper doesn't like the Heosafe water filler adaptors, it's a coat hanger 'hook' slotted through the pipe, then cable tied and taped round, this hooks onto the ledge of the filler point (you have to ensure you get the distance correct when making it so the length is right so it's a tight fit). In use it works perfectly, no need to hold onto to it and if it fills without us noticing the excess can easily come out. I put the info on my website:

If filling up with water on your own trying to hold the hose in the fill point and turn on the tap can be difficult and you easily end up with an unintended shower, so I made a 'hook' which sits in the small indented channel in the filler which once on doesn't budge until I want it to. I removed the metal hanging hook off a metal/plastic clothes hanger for this purpose. In order to get the placement right I put the hose in the filler point, hooked the metal hook into the channel and then marked on the hose where the end sat, I then put a small hole in it using a screwdriver and pushed the 'straighter' end of the hose in, fastened it securely with a cable tie then taped round it - it sits securely in the filler point so I don't have to keep holding it!

1564731622429.png

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I think the idea is only to put in a certain amount rather than fill it totally as not everyone likes to travel with full tanks.
I time the fill, empty to full on house water pressure is six minutes, if I only want half a tank then three minutes - simple, no need for gadgets.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
...and mightbe a challenge with the weight criteria for the vehicle, 1L = 1K so not sure I would want an additional 160k whilst on the road (or maybe more cannot remember!). Some, maybe most, have a 25L overflow on the tanks to prevent this issue

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Now let me see.

Water tank 340 litres, using one 10 litre watering can equals 34 loads and half a days work. :rofl:

On the plus side, carrying and lifting a 10 litre watering can is good exercise.

5 loads = 50 litres, the amount recommended by my Rapido handbook for travel. Job done!

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Last edited:
Jan 14, 2014
Swindon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2007
...and mightbe a challenge with the weight criteria for the vehicle, 1L = 1K so not sure I would want an additional 160k whilst on the road (or maybe more cannot remember!). Some, maybe most, have a 25L overflow on the tanks to prevent this issue
Talking of which. I was on a site a few weeks back which had a serviced pitch. So I attached the hose when we arrived and added 70lts, thinking this would do us until we left and I could always add a little before I left if needed. A day before we left the little darling at the back of our pitch decided to bugger about with the handles to the water taps. First thing we knew was the tank overflowing via the filler!
Now I had 230lts on board, as our van has an extra tank. Problem being the site didnt have a MH point to drain it off and nothing on the pitch to drain into.
Luckily they let me stop outside the exit on a slight slope so I could drain off into a road drain.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
The light blue ones are £92.99. Nearly ordered one at this price by mistake
That's what eBay business sellers sometimes do when stock is low (as mentioned in this sellers item description) to hold the listing open so they don't have to pay the fees for a new listing - if wrong one was ordered in error then it is possible to cancel. Anyone ordering this does need to click on the drop down for the dark blue one at £12.99 so as Tribbtravs mentioned make sure that you look out for that. We have ordered a dark blue one from this seller previously & it was all fine.

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
That's what eBay business sellers sometimes do when stock is low (as mentioned in this sellers item description) to hold the listing open so they don't have to pay the fees for a new listing - if wrong one was ordered in error then it is possible to cancel. Anyone ordering this does need to click on the drop down for the dark blue one at £12.99 so as Tribbtravs mentioned make sure that you look out for that. We have ordered a dark blue one from this seller previously & it was all fine.
Am I right in saying that's the old version, not the new one which has been redesigned and is more money?

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Am I right in saying that's the old version, not the new one which has been redesigned and is more money?
It's the 2 in 1 version as in the photos above - there is a 3 in 1 version now but not necessarily any better depending on your application & it does cost more.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Just used the original version watering can thingy bought into anticipation of getting a new toy today. Worked well apart from that final 1/4 litre dribble. Must find about 5” of hose to lengthen the spout and I’ll never need these weird hose filler gadgets with a pitiful 50 litre capacity.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back