Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
I had a D4Drivers medical in early July. I just got my C1 license back from the DVLA after 3 months elapsed - but for just two years validity. I was aware they had contacted my GP about my medical status (stents), but was not expecting to receive a two-year license. The accompanying letter states they will send me a renewal two months before the license lapses and I will not need a D4 next time. Will this give me a one-year extension, or will they renew for a further three years without a medical (seems unlikely)? I assume they will be contacting my GP again in the interim.

Anyone able to shed light on this?

Cheers...Keith

OP
OP
G-RMPS
Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
Don't want to upset you but have they got a Direct Line (other ins. providers available)
with the Grim Reaper.?

What do they know that you don't.

Go on, upset them and live to 100 (y)
I'll try, especially as I cannot fly without a driving license. I don't suppose personal aviation will exist when I'm 100, unless we're all buzzing about in a swarm of big electric drones.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I'll try, especially as I cannot fly without a driving license. I don't suppose personal aviation will exist when I'm 100, unless we're all buzzing about in a swarm of big electric drones.
We'll be all 'Jetsons' by then.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
G-RMPS did you supply a new photo for you licence or did they use you passport one?
The photo on your licence must not be more than 10 years old. If your passport photo was used and is 8 years old they will only issue a 2 year licence.
I had a similar problem when I renewed mine this year.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Why is that then? Surely there are people who can fly but don't drive?

I think he means up in the main front seat where the stick thingy is :rofl: :rofl: (y)
Not as a passenger, see the Avatar. :wink:

Last edited:
OP
OP
G-RMPS
Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
G-RMPS did you supply a new photo for you licence or did they use you passport one?
The photo on your licence must not be more than 10 years old. If your passport photo was used and is 8 years old they will only issue a 2 year licence.
I had a similar problem when I renewed mine this year.
Yes, they used the passport one. But the letter I got was referring to a medical “review” after two years whatever that means.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back