sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
In France, all vehicles over 3.5 t must be labelled with these "beautiful" stickers from 1 January 2021. Rear and sideways.

Also, I don't think a sticker will curb the passing of squeezing at traffic lights

• 28101-dsr-angles-morts-car-exe-cmjn-jpg
Maybe it will go the same way as the breathalyser?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You beat me to it Michael;) BUT are we "passenger transport vehicles"? and with 360 camera I have no blind spots.

As of January 1st 2021, all heavy vehicles in France (both goods and passenger transport vehicles) must be fitted with a sign to inform others about their vehicle’s blind spots. Failure to comply with this obligation may result in a 4th class fine which is usually 136 euros but in a worst-case scenario, it can be as much as 750 euros.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Does it apply to visiters?
French Motorhomes over 3500kg have to have speed limit signs on the back but visiters are exempt.
I don't know but hope that's the case, at the moment it is in the Brussels machine for approval or some such. However how does a sticker stop a stupid cyclist still being stupid?

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
You beat me to it Michael;) BUT are we "passenger transport vehicles"? and with 360 camera I have no blind spots.

As of January 1st 2021, all heavy vehicles in France (both goods and passenger transport vehicles) must be fitted with a sign to inform others about their vehicle’s blind spots. Failure to comply with this obligation may result in a 4th class fine which is usually 136 euros but in a worst-case scenario, it can be as much as 750 euros.

You got me though at the other place! I think Lenny is on the right tack, certainly works for me. I peel of those ugly German gas cert stickers!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I don't know but hope that's the case, at the moment it is in the Brussels machine for approval or some such. However how does a sticker stop a stupid cyclist still being stupid?
If you think they re bad with Motorhomes Michael you should see what they do around lorries. Last year in London I had to wait for one to get himself out from between the unit and the trailer before I could go, fortunately I did see him.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Do you know if there's still any chance of placing down an amendment to the bill \ legislation?
If so, can we suggest they amend it to fitting of these instead?
1606639870486.png

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
In France, all vehicles over 3.5 t must be labelled with these "beautiful" stickers from 1 January 2021. Rear and sideways.

Also, I don't think a sticker will curb the passing of squeezing at traffic lights

• 28101-dsr-angles-morts-car-exe-cmjn-jpg
Maybe it will go the same way as the breathalyser?
It's another bit of victim blaming.

Instead of designing vehicles with better views for the driver put a sticker on it and anybody hurt it's there fault for not reading it.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!

Instead of designing vehicles with better views for the driver put a sticker on it and anybody hurt it's there fault for not reading it.
Or stop the victims illegally undertaking a vehicle might be another solution with the signage being a reminder for them of this?

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Or stop the victims illegally undertaking a vehicle might be another solution with the signage being a reminder for them of this?
Let's not get into argument about cyclists, but what you call illegally undertaking is filtering and is legal, just ask any motorcyclist.

Of course there are idiot who use different types of vehicles.

Vehicles can be designed with better rear vision,

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
If they save even a few lives why not. I suspect it might have made more sense to have a length limit rather than weight

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Do you think they put a sticker that the driver can see to remind him/her that they should not put the vehicle in a situation that endangers other road users or pedestrians.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
You got me though at the other place! I think Lenny is on the right tack, certainly works for me. I peel of those ugly German gas cert stickers!

But they are a legal requirement for any vehicle carrying any type of gas so that in the event of an accident the fire brigade know .

Stop the half wits over taking illegally.

but what you call illegally undertaking is filtering and is legal, just ask any motorcyclist.
They aren't motor cyclists .

Do you think they put a sticker that the driver can see to remind him/her that they should not put the vehicle in a situation that endangers other road users or pedestrians.
Why put the ons on someone else? why not take the initiative yourself & act safely. O always ensure & have done since learning to drive that my vehicle is positioned to ensure nothing can creep up the inside .If , & some ****wits have attempted it, I just open the drivers door , stopping them dead & if lucky I don't knock them senseless. People who are stupid enough to go up the inside, between 2 lanes of vehicles deserve all they get & the law should be altered to allow offering 'no assistance'.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Let's not get into argument about cyclists, but what you call illegally undertaking is filtering and is legal, just ask any motorcyclist.

I understood "filtering" is where the vehicle passing on the left (in UK) is turning left where the vehicle already occupying the lane is not indicating left?
As you say there are idiots using different types of vehicles, including bicycles, on the roads.
I am not, in anyway, saying better side vision would not be an improvement in road safety but so would stopping irresponsible actions of other road users as opposed to "It's another bit of victim blaming" as this seems to be assuming it's the non-cyclist who's always at fault. All road users need to understand the "constraints \ limitations" of other vehicles so we all can be safe on the road.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
They do. Vehicle dimensions, weights, etc.
I've even seen some with "Beware Cyclists" fitted.
Should we have bicycles fitted with something similar, eg Beware large vehicles turning?

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3

Filtering is done to the right of vehicles not as cyclists do. Cyclists undertake.
Motorcyclists overtake. vehicles been passed are to the left of the motorcyclist. Legal.
Cyclists undertake. Vehicles being passed are to the right of the cyclist. Illegal.

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
If you take your C licence you will know that this is a big part of instruction and on the test not checking the blind spots is an instant fail. So maybe doing a few HGV lessons might help some people comprehend.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
If you take your C licence you will know that this is a big part of instruction and on the test not checking the blind spots is an instant fail. So maybe doing a few HGV lessons might help some people comprehend.
Having driven HGV on blue lights for over 30 years and been retested every 3 years you are correct. We could also ask why do these cyclists keep putting themselves in this very dangerous position around trucks and other large vehicles? It can’t possibly be because they are all stupid. Surely some are not stupid. Probably the none stupid cyclists are the ones still alive and aware.
It’s time people took some responsibility for their own safety. If people are stupid enough to undertake vehicles they are not really fit to be out and about on their own.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think you're actually unintentionally making a pretty good case there for an extra driving test for anyone driving a vehicle over a certain size and the ending of grandfather rights!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's only a sticker, what's the problem, does it require all these posts, don't see what it can do but good if it just advises one cyclist and no harm whatsoever. :unsure:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
It’s time people took some responsibility for their own safety.
(y)(y)(y)

I think you're actually unintentionally making a pretty good case there for an extra driving test for anyone driving a vehicle over a certain size and the ending of grandfather rights!
Or perhaps a requirement for "common sense" to become part of the requirements to drive on the road? Oooops, or walk on a pavement!

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
It's only a sticker, what's the problem, does it require all these posts, don't see what it can do but good if it just advises one cyclist and no harm whatsoever. :unsure:
I was thinking much the same! But hey...whatever floats your boat I suppose,and we all have strong opinions on some things that others may regard as trivial. Me included!!!!!! :LOL: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Doesn’t have to be a cyclist versus anyone argument. I stopped riding to work after getting knocked off by cars twice in a week through no fault of my own. It’s a dangerous game riding in cities designed for cars.

Having been to hundreds of dead cyclists who have collided with cars, I can’t ever recall any driver that was anything but devastated about their involvement, it might therefore benefit everyone if we all did everything we could to keep all road users safe.

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp

Filtering is done to the right of vehicles not as cyclists do. Cyclists undertake.
Motorcyclists overtake. vehicles been passed are to the left of the motorcyclist. Legal.
Cyclists undertake. Vehicles being passed are to the right of the cyclist. Illegal.
Having driven HGV on blue lights for over 30 years and been retested every 3 years you are correct. We could also ask why do these cyclists keep putting themselves in this very dangerous position around trucks and other large vehicles? It can’t possibly be because they are all stupid. Surely some are not stupid. Probably the none stupid cyclists are the ones still alive and aware.
It’s time people took some responsibility for their own safety. If people are stupid enough to undertake vehicles they are not really fit to be out and about on their own.
HERE WE GO!! THE EXPERTS ON EVERYTHING!!!! ALL THIS BECAUSE OF A BLOODY STICKER🤬🤬
DJT

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only

It clearly is there fault. should be taxed and insured. Same as any road user!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back