Another crazy French idea (1 Viewer)

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Sure I can also google cyclist incidents and come up with thousands!
Have you or any others (brethren) cyclist buddies past a test for a bike? Are insured? Have a registration mark for your mode of transport? The answer would be probably not!
Yes cycling proficiency, car test, insured yes.

I see you have now bought up the usual motorist script which is not worth commenting on. How would you expect a 3yr old to get a registration for their bike.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Yes cycling proficiency, car test, insured yes.

I see you have now bought up the usual motorist script which is not worth commenting on. How would you expect a 3yr old to get a registration for their bike.
We have a car driving test but looking at how bad standards are now I think they let everyone pass..BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
And as such they will suffer the full consequence of the law. Cyclists are immune. Who is the insurer of your bike liability? is it third party? or fully comp? Asking for a friend.
It only needs to be 3rd party. Also you will probably find most people are insured through their household policy under the public liability section, although I have specific cycle insurance.

I think you are under quite a severe misunderstanding if you think car drivers suffer the full consequences of the law.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
I don't need a sign to keep away from any vehicle that can do me harm..BUSBY.
That's true, unfortunately the vehicles don't read the signs when when they get too near other more vulnerable roads users

DJT

Jun 20, 2019
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Now Sold
Exp
These cyclist bashing threads are really irritating.

Your comment should read 'SOME cyclists are a law unto themselves.'

Stop stereotyping people because of their activity, hobby, mode of dress etc etc etc and your arguments and points of view would have far more credence. Yes - I ride bikes, carefully and responsibly I think.
Or Most!!😊😊

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
It only needs to be 3rd party. Also you will probably find most people are insured through their household policy under the public liability section, although I have specific cycle insurance.

I think you are under quite a severe misunderstanding if you think car drivers suffer the full consequences of the law.
Why so much bad press for cyclists then? Guess!

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
That's true, unfortunately the vehicles don't read the signs when when they get too near other more vulnerable roads users
or the more vulnerable road user gets too close to another vehicle?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you go back a bit Michael has updated the thread to suggest that it only applies to French registered vehicles (y) not sure that we have answered the now hypothetical question wether it would also apply to campers or just commercial vehicles though? and we most likely never will now it has become yet another cyclist bashing opportunity.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I thinks there's a even better case for regular retesting of all classes and registration plates on bicycles.
Why one or the other I think both would be a good idea. I also think cyclists should have compulsory third party insurance. I suppose the only argument against cyclists having increased rules in this context is that they're the ones getting the injuries but with cyclists and pedestrians it's a different matter.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back