Another crazy French idea (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Further to the stickers. EU law does not require them on what are private vehicles but UK law does. Therefore as Uk law offers greater H&S benefits it takes precedence & the 'compressed gases' ' LPG' , stickers are required. Additionly anyone with a cpap oxygen machine requires 'oxygen' stickers also ,the same as medical vehicles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
Cyclists are a law unto themselves.
These cyclist bashing threads are really irritating.

Your comment should read 'SOME cyclists are a law unto themselves.'

Stop stereotyping people because of their activity, hobby, mode of dress etc etc etc and your arguments and points of view would have far more credence. Yes - I ride bikes, carefully and responsibly I think.

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only

Stop stereotyping people because of their activity, hobby, mode of dress etc etc etc and your arguments and points of view would have far more credence. Yes - I ride bikes, carefully and responsibly I think.
Sorry? Did I miss something? Not mentioned lycra clad fat people at all? ::bigsmile:

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH

What always amazes me is thats motorists get away with killing and seriously injuring thousands of people a year but if a cyclists, who is probably also a motorists, commits a minor infringement of the rules then they are the spawn of the devil.

People has such a twisted view of those who choose not to travel by motorised means yet can anybody find a case of a cyclists k

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
What always amazes me is thats motorists get away with killing and seriously injuring thousands of people a year but if a cyclists, who is probably also a motorists, commits a minor infringement of the rules then they are the spawn of the devil.

People has such a twisted view of those who choose not to travel by motorised means yet can anybody find a case of a cyclists k
What's all this got to do with putting a sticker on a van.

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only

Apart from holding miles of traffic up (because they want a chat)? here is another view:

Like to condone that eh?

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Apart from holding miles of traffic up (because they want a chat)? here is another view:

Like to condone that eh?
Of course you can find instances where cyclists are to blame, I was waiting for that one, but how many instance are there of motorist?

Here's one for balance. How many would you like me to find

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
Wrong way round surely!....the signs should be firmly affixed to handlebars of the cycle so the user can clearly see the hazard and ride accordingly...why put them on the vehicle they are under/over taking.....by making it law to have them on the cycle there is no reason the user canā€™t see it....šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Wrong way round surely!....the signs should be firmly affixed to handlebars of the cycle so the user can clearly see the hazard and ride accordingly...why put them on the vehicle they are under/over taking.....by making it law to have them on the cycle there is no reason the user canā€™t see it....šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø
So where would you like them put on cars?

Jul 26, 2018
Funster No
Not needed...they are to warn vulnerable road users such as cyclists.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Ok, now what about driving here or France, which side is the blind side, if you have your sticker on the passenger side here that would be for cyclists up the inside but in Europe it would be on the overtaking side.
Better have them all round :doh: (y)(y):giggle:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
...... but if a cyclists, who is probably also a motorists, commits a minor infringement of the rules then they are the spawn of the devil.
It's another bit of victim blaming.
So who is the "the victim" if a cyclist committed an infringement? The cyclist, if they are physically injured, but what about the driver of the other vehicle who perhaps suffers mental trauma as a result of the infringement?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
You are making the mistake of thinking that these stickers are to do with cyclists, they are not, they are all about large vehicle blind spots and apply equally to Pedestrians, Cyclist, Cars drivers motorcycles etc etc, if as a driver you think that they don't apply to you you really should think again.

2x2camper

Free Member
Oct 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
So who is the "the victim" if a cyclist committed an infringement? The cyclist, if they are physically injured, but what about the driver of the other vehicle who perhaps suffers mental trauma as a result of the infringement?
Perhaps they are both a victim. Back to the design of vehicles perhaps?

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
Of course you can find instances where cyclists are to blame, I was waiting for that one, but how many instance are there of motorist?

Here's one for balance. How many would you like me to find

Sure I can also google cyclist incidents and come up with thousands!
Have you or any others (brethren) cyclist buddies past a test for a bike? Are insured? Have a registration mark for your mode of transport? The answer would be probably not!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back