An awning question? (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
IMG_1606.JPG
I've been thinking of getting an awning, probably the kampa air 390. If the fridge is on gas mode, will it fill the awning with poisonous fumes?

The fridge vent will be inside the awning!

OP
OP
Cliffdale
Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Good to hear that! There is a chimney on the roof but I thought it was for the gas fire. Do the fridge and fire share the chimney? I'm interested how the spent gas / water vapor etc is vented out of the fridge.

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
Top vent to the left of the door also the place to install extra cooling fans, Youll advance to that in time!

image.jpg

OP
OP
Cliffdale
Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Thanks, I have been reading about cooling fans, I think its going to be a winter project!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Was tempted to post that this was about to become another gassing thread.....................:eek:

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
There is so much air infiltration into a Motorhome awning that the dilution effect to the fridge vents, heating vents etc means it will not be a problem.

Crack on...(y)

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Our fridge has a roof chimney so no problem from that but our Truma heater vents into the awning so we have a CO alarm bluetacked to the van side when the awning is rigged. The only time it went of was when running the Genny outside the awning but with the exhaust aimed at the van awning joint. Clearly no CO problem with the Truma but watch your Genny..

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Good to hear that! There is a chimney on the roof but I thought it was for the gas fire. Do the fridge and fire share the chimney? I'm interested how the spent gas / water vapor etc is vented out of the fridge.
I do not think that that chimney is for the fridge. I have never heard of appliances sharing a chimney, which sounds dodgy. I think that the gases from the gas jet of the fridge come out of the top vent. I am not sure whether that will cause any problem or not.

Our fridge has a roof chimney so no problem from that
Never heard of that. What model is it? We have a Dometic Tech Tower with fridge freezer and oven and that had a chimney but it only vents the hot air from the oven and has nothing to do with the fridge gas flue.

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
I do not think that that chimney is for the fridge. I have never heard of appliances sharing a chimney, which sounds dodgy. I think that the gases from the gas jet of the fridge come out of the top vent. I am not sure whether that will cause any problem or not.

Never heard of that. What model is it? We have a Dometic Tech Tower with fridge freezer and oven and that had a chimney but it only vents the hot air from the oven and has nothing to do with the fridge gas flue.

Dometic in an LMC van. We do not have the normal outside vents, just the chimney buffalo seems to work fine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer
We have never had a problem or even noticed any smell. Now if you had a sog system on your toilet venting into the awning, things might be different.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back