• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

American RV, smart car and trailer (1 Viewer)

hendersonof

Free Member
Dec 9, 2011
scotland
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
Hope of interest , we are selling our Coachmen Mirada and smart car with brian james trl thru American fifth wheel centre Brixworth , full details on e.bay item no. 142762344074 in RV campers , caravans , motorhomes.
We have used it for five years touring Europe most of its life in the sun and dry. We are currently in Spain in our fifth wheel outfit and left the RV with them in Brixworth. Important items omitted from ebay are , LPG system, Oyster SAT system , Electric cassette awning and Full Safari room , if interested contact Brixworth for viewing and us by email on lizofdrymen@aol.com thanks for your time.

OP
OP
hendersonof

hendersonof

Free Member
Dec 9, 2011
scotland
Funster No
MH
rv
Exp
Cheers for the link Robert Clark, we are not very technical. Thanks for your kind comment

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
There is an Error on the listing title..

Coachmen Mirada 310DS American Motorhome,RV,5th Wheel,Travel Trailer

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Doubt it's an error Jim.
More like a standard ad wording by the fifth wheel company selling on behalf of the OP.

Just as I thought....another ad from the same company for a fifth wheel.

KZ-RV Spree 333RLI Luxury American Travel Trailer,Caravan,Showmans,RV,5thwheel

Petjanjess

Free Member
Jun 3, 2013
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since now
Went to view a couple of weeks ago 8 hour round trip.
Needs lots of money to be spent on it to bring up to scratch.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
The thing that always gets left off these adverts, especially by that company although it's common for RVs in general, is what does the thing weigh?

I know it's going to be be at least 7500kg but a lot of then are heavier which makes them not an option for the majority of drivers.

I also know that a lot of dealers are not above telling lies about the distinction but that's not the point.

Personally I wouldn't even consider a vehicle if the advert doesn't tell me whether I can drive it or not.

Also on a slightly unrelated note is "American RV Centre Ltd" the latest incarnation of Itchy Feet? :whistle:

Nov 9, 2016
France or Spain!
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo 687t
Exp
Since 2015
The thing that always gets left off these adverts, especially by that company although it's common for RVs in general, is what does the thing weigh?

I know it's going to be be at least 7500kg but a lot of then are heavier which makes them not an option for the majority of drivers.

I also know that a lot of dealers are not above telling lies about the distinction but that's not the point.

Personally I wouldn't even consider a vehicle if the advert doesn't tell me whether I can drive it or not.

Also on a slightly unrelated note is "American RV Centre Ltd" the latest incarnation of Itchy Feet? :whistle:

Yes many sellers are not up front about the weight of the the vehicle and often say they can be driven on a standard driving licence when they can't, it certainly confused us when we were looking to buy one. However not all RV's are over 7500kg, ours, which we are about to put up for sale, is 5423kg unladen, 6372kg laden.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Yes many sellers are not up front about the weight of the the vehicle and often say they can be driven on a standard driving licence when they can't, it certainly confused us when we were looking to buy one. However not all RV's are over 7500kg, ours, which we are about to put up for sale, is 5423kg unladen, 6372kg laden.

I know they aren't all over 7500kg but they are pretty much all over 3500kg

3501kg - 7500kg needs category C1 which means not all licence holders automatically have entitlement.

Anyone who passed their test after 1st January 1997 doesn't have it for a start. Anyone over 70 doesn't have it unless they specifically apply to keep it.

PS. What's the maximum plated weight of yours? I can't believe anyone would plate a vehicle at something as random as 6372kg. What it actually weighs is irrelevant.

Nov 9, 2016
France or Spain!
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo 687t
Exp
Since 2015
I know they aren't all over 7500kg but they are pretty much all over 3500kg

3501kg - 7500kg needs category C1 which means not all licence holders automatically have entitlement.

Anyone who passed their test after 1st January 1997 doesn't have it for a start. Anyone over 70 doesn't have it unless they specifically apply to keep it.

Fair point, and as I said, I do agree that there are unscrupulous sellers out there who will lie about the DL situation just to make a sale. I suppose at the end of the day its up to the buyer to do their homework.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Fair point, and as I said, I do agree that there are unscrupulous sellers out there who will lie about the DL situation just to make a sale. I suppose at the end of the day its up to the buyer to do their homework.

Very true. The problem is that many newbies labour under the misapprehension that they can trust motorhome salesmen and so believe whatever BS they're fed.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Went to view a couple of weeks ago 8 hour round trip.
Needs lots of money to be spent on it to bring up to scratch.
Might be helpful to specify in what way , for other potential viewers :)

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968

GVWR 20,500 lbs.(9 298Kg) For Mirada 310ds :)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
GVWR 20,500 lbs.(9 298Kg) For Mirada 310ds :)

Full Category C licence needed then.

I wonder if the sales people make that completely clear immediately to all prospective purchasers? :whistle:

I wonder if it's one that can be sensibly down plated to 7500kg.

Petjanjess

Free Member
Jun 3, 2013
Hartlepool
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since now
All graphics peeling off
All upholstery needs replacing
Damage to worktops
Does not smell very pleasant to say the least .
Jacks not working, only one comes down.
Everything pitted (filthy) northern expression.
Waste of a day for us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back