Amazon firestick (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
I have an Amazon Firestick plugged into the back of my tv at home and have read that it can be taken out and used in the motorhome when we go away. Does anyone else use one and if so is it a case of using it via your mobile phone data ?
Bit unsure how it works šŸ¤”

Deleted User
We use one all th time both here and abroad. Yes you need a data source to tether to like a phone with a hotspot, a TV with an HDMI port and power supply then off you go!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
The Amazon Fire Stick is great but you will need to reconfigure it if moving from Home to Motorhome itā€™s not just plug and play because it will be connecting to different WiFi settings. Watching streamed video when away eats up large amounts of data so make sure your mobile for data is unlimited like others have said. A holiday away in a motorhome for us is about leaving the normal at home with very little watching the TV but enjoying the great outdoors and what comes through the TV aerial is considered a bonus. Wishing you lots of good times in the future.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
I know this is nothing to do with firesticks but we tuned in to TV whilst in Spain and portugal and picked up quite a few English speaking TV stations. Most films in English too. Good enough for us along with our U.K. phones and iPad for news etc.
Phil

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
The Amazon Fire Stick is great but you will need to reconfigure it if moving from Home to Motorhome itā€™s not just plug and play because it will be connecting to different WiFi settings. Watching streamed video when away eats up large amounts of data so make sure your mobile for data is unlimited like others have said. A holiday away in a motorhome for us is about leaving the normal at home with very little watching the TV but enjoying the great outdoors and what comes through the TV aerial is considered a bonus. Wishing you lots of good times in the future.
Just take house WiFi then no problem when itā€™s peeing down itā€™s great fun outside

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
Just had to send our 12 month old avtex back for repair, seems the USB ports are not designed to have fire stick plugged in constantly and tv computer gets confused on start up,trying to use fire stick programme instead or something like that, didnā€™t completely follow avtex chap but will see shortly if this is the issue.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Great idea,

If only we had a TV in the MH....

Oh, just remembered, why go away and watch TV?

The great thing about motorhomes is that you can use them as you want to. We don't watch much TV in the summer but the winter is a different matter.

Mar 22, 2018
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E442
Exp
Since 2016
Thatā€™s very interesting, was just about to fit one of these usb outlets to power a Huawei MiFi unit so now think I will use the second of the outlets to feed the Firestick. Was planning to tap into the 12v feed supplying the cigarette lighter type outlet in the hab area...if anyone can confirm that should that be ok?

Amazon product ASIN B06XSCCLCD

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thatā€™s very interesting, was just about to fit one of these usb outlets to power a Huawei MiFi unit so now think I will use the second of the outlets to feed the Firestick. Was planning to tap into the 12v feed supplying the cigarette lighter type outlet in the hab area...if anyone can confirm that should that be ok?

Amazon product ASIN B06XSCCLCD
that should be absolutely fine and will work well

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Great idea,

If, like us, you are currently sat watching and listening to multiple "squalls" passing by? On a site near York. Maybe a little tv would be better than thinking. If I walk the dog now, we both get wet. :LOL: (y)

Mar 22, 2018
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E442
Exp
Since 2016
Great idea,

We also like to spend as much time as possible outside when away in the van but in a few weeks time it will be dark by 5pm...thatā€™s a long evening! Donā€™t watch tv all the time but itā€™s nice to have the option...

OP
OP
Rockcrawler
Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
Watched Netflix Via the Firestick last night as it was chucking it down here in Norfolk. Just tethered it to my mobile, what a great bit of kit.
Thank you for all your replies

OP
OP
Rockcrawler
Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
We also like to spend as much time as possible outside when away in the van but in a few weeks time it will be dark by 5pm...thatā€™s a long evening! Donā€™t watch tv all the time but itā€™s nice to have the option...
Exactly the same as us šŸ˜

Phil 748

Free Member
May 21, 2019
Newark Notts
Funster No
MH
AS Nuevo ES 06
Exp
that should be absolutely fine and will work well
I used one of these to plug direct into our Huawei, saved on a lead and connection
1598376206756.png

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back