Amazed how busy Montenegro is. (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
we're currently in Montenegro and OK its school hols but every beach we've seen is absolutely rammed, more sunbeds than we've ever seen. It's s also quite difficult to get around because the roads tend to be narrow and the parking is atrocious. weve been into Ulcinj this morning and the police have the trucks with the hoists on to pluck double parked cars up to try and keep tje traffic moving.

the other notable is the different mix of nations. Ok plenty of Germans and surprisingly a lot of Swiss. but lots of Serbians, Bosnians, Kosovan, Albanians and Ukrainians with lots of V8 Mercs and big Bmw, Quite a few Porsche, Maserati and Ferraris.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
we're currently in Montenegro and OK its school hols but every beach we've seen is absolutely rammed, more sunbeds than we've ever seen. It's s also quite difficult to get around because the roads tend to be narrow and the parking is atrocious. weve been into Ulcinj this morning and the police have the trucks with the hoists on to pluck double parked cars up to try and keep tje traffic moving.

the other notable is the different mix of nations. Ok plenty of Germans and surprisingly a lot of Swiss. but lots of Serbians, Bosnians, Kosovan, Albanians and Ukrainians with lots of V8 Mercs and big Bmw, Quite a few Porsche, Maserati and Ferraris.

You are in good company then Jon. :giggle:

[Edited]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Here's one end of Ulcinj beach. note the Bars at the back with lighting rigs and speakers. they like their music LOUD.

Attachments

• 20220830_110821.jpg
    20220830_110821.jpg
    717.2 KB · Views: 81

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Just out of interest does your own UK insurance cover montenegro or did you find where to buy it at border. When I went through last November I couldn't get it at border ...they said it was no longer required but my UK insurance didn't cover me either so I ended up only staying a few days as it was risky not being covered.

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Just out of interest does your own UK insurance cover montenegro or did you find where to buy it at border. When I went through last November I couldn't get it at border ...they said it was no longer required but my UK insurance didn't cover me either so I ended up only staying a few days as it was risky not being covered.
what was it like out of season? its just nuts at the moment. camping infrastructure really isnt there either.

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
what was it like out of season? its just nuts at the moment. camping infrastructure really isnt there either.
We didnā€™t really do the coast but there is definitely campsites around Kotar bay, our favourite was autocamp Nuluka
We especially liked swimming in the warm waters of the bay, then moving to the cold water or the river that flowed into the bay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back