Alde 3010 self reseting its clock (1 Viewer)

Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
We have an Alde 3010 heating system and a number of times recently during the night the clock has reset its self. On all these occasions we have been on gas with no external 230v connection. After the first few times culminating in it reseting its self twice in about 30 mins. I did a system reset. This seemed to solve the problem until this morning when yet again it self reset twice in 30 mins. I've now done another system reset and again it seems ok.
Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it please.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi David, we had a similar problem a few years ago when the panel would go off and immediately reset .

I took it to Alde & they replaced the panel, so I would give them a call.

OP
OP
Mr David
Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
Hi David, we had a similar problem a few years ago when the panel would go off and immediately reset .

I took it to Alde & they replaced the panel, so I would give them a call.
Thanks, did they fit another 3010 control panel or the newer colour 3020 panel? I have thought of upgrading my panel but not sure if that's possible?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
Thanks, did they fit another 3010 control panel or the newer colour 3020 panel? I have thought of upgrading my panel but not sure if that's possible?
Two answers:

In a previous van I have replaced the older panel with a new colour panel. If I remember correctly, it was a straight swap.

I now have a 2017 Carthago with Alde and a colour panel. The panel was replaced under warranty for doing exactly what you describe. The new one's been OK for some time but has recently started doing the same thing. Not only does the clock show the wrong time, the panel reverts to not showing the day and time on the front screen. All the other settings seem to be stable. I have explored possible causes like low battery, heating power failure, etc. but lately it's been happening with the heating and hot water off, so I don't know what's wrong.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
It's the colour panel 3020 but I think the original may have been the same.

Give them a call David, they are very knowlegable and helpful.

OP
OP
Mr David
Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
It's the colour panel 3020 but I think the original may have been the same.

Give them a call David, they are very knowlegable and helpful.
Ok thanks for that, I'll give them a call next week and see what they have to say. 🤗👍

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
One of the problems with the Alde panels results from it being overtightened when fitted. If you find you have to push hard/multiple times to get say the temperature to change the panel has been installed too tight. At this point it is too late and the panel needs to be replaced apparently

OP
OP
Mr David
Sep 20, 2015
Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R
Exp
since 2014
One of the problems with the Alde panels results from it being overtightened when fitted. If you find you have to push hard/multiple times to get say the temperature to change the panel has been installed too tight. At this point it is too late and the panel needs to be replaced apparently
That's very interesting, thanks. Could well explain why some people get multiple failures. 👍🤗

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We had that with our panel, very unresponsive. Had my 5 year service and refill at Alde last autumn and mentioned it to them. They replaced it and decided not to charge me for it (y) Great service

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
We had that with our panel, very unresponsive. Had my 5 year service and refill at Alde last autumn and mentioned it to them. They replaced it and decided not to charge me for it (y) Great service
Yes, mine was changed FOC recently for this reason. Spent two years thinking it was just poor. New one is perfect.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back