Alde 3010 heating system fault (1 Viewer)

Scuba Steve

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
hello everyone, I was looking for some advice off anyone who can help with a problem I have found with my Alde 3010 wet heating system.
I can run the system fine but when it's been on for approx 30 min the pump symbol goes out and the heating goes off, if I reset the system it sometimes comes back on but not all of the time, if it doesn't come back on I leave it a while and then try again and it will work for a while and then stop working.
I suspect that the is some sort of over heating trip switch that is either faulty or the pump isn't working properly and is not circulating the fluid around the system properly and therefore increasing the temperature and tripping the switch?
I'm not very good with things like this but it does appear to be something like that

If anyone has experienced anything like this can you please let me know what your issue was

Cheers all

Steve

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Are you sure you have the thermostat set high enough?

It could just be getting up to temp and switching off. The system isn't just a simple on/off.

OP
OP
Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
I've turned the temperature right up to 30 which is the highest it will go and it clicks off way before then at something like 15 and if I get it started again it trips off after a festival minutes
We have had the van for 2 year and use it most weekends through all sorts of weather but last week we got this problem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
OK so that sounds like it's going out on over heat as you suggested.

It could be the pump but there are some other things to look at.

It could be a faulty temp sensor in the thermostat.

When it goes off is the display reading a lower temperature and is it coming up with anything that might give you a clue?

Have you checked the level of fluid in the system and also checked it for airlocks? If it's somehow become airlocked the symptoms would be similar to a knackered pump.

You can treat an Alde wet system as a small domestic CH system. Eliminate all the simple things before you get complicated.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We had an issue with the 3020 displaying red overheat fail, turned out it was a faulty non return valve. One thing to check is to feel the pipes on the Alde unit if they are hot or cold, the manual has a diagram showing which pipes are in and out. The dealer was ok but we ended ringing alde direct they were very helpful diagnosing the issue over the phone and then ordered the part and got it sent to the dealer for the fitting later on.

Sep 7, 2010
cardiff
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin plus
Exp
since 2010
Can you not ask the display panel what the problem is?
Go to spanner symbol then scroll right down to service, press service, then press orange triangle and yo may get a fault code - manual will tell you what that code means.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve

Free Member
Jan 21, 2015
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks everyone, I've checked the pipes and they are getting hot, the radiator in the bathroom is getting hot like it should do, there is warm air coming through the vents as it should do and everything seems to work fine but then the pump symbol goes off before it reaches temperature and I have to let it cool down before it will reset, it appears to me as it maybe a heat overload trip that once cools down allows the system to reset?
I've been in touch with Alde and they do seem keen to help me resolve this which is good
Once I have found what the problem is I will post it so anyone else who has a problem like this will know what my issue was

Cheers all

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Same as mine.......runs like a good 'un but cuts out before getting to pre set room temp.
Left for long enough it does restart automatically but not until the boiler stat has cool sufficiently.

In the boiler are two thermostatic bulbs, one absolute overheat (i think set at 100°f) to prevent the boiler bursting in case the boiler stat fails and one max boiler temp which is factory set to 80°f (27°c)

I think your boiler stat is at fault........but, i do know mine has badly lime scale blocked heater pipes/convectors due to the previous owner using water only, instead of antifreeze/scale inhibitor, to top up for a number of years.
This is slowing the flow around the convectors so the boiler is overheating.

Very easy to change but both bulbs are in the same tube within the boiler so you need to know which is which.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back