• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

SOLD Al-ko spare wheel carrier (1 Viewer)

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Have a original Al-Ko spare wheel carrier to suite 15 & 16 " wheel. Looking for £65, shall be at Norfolk Show and Malvern Show or can arrange courier at cost
DSC_0003_4.JPG

James Mackie

Free Member
Apr 18, 2018
Funster No
Hi
Is this carrier still for sale, and did the motorhome it came from have 15 or 16 inch wheels? as apparently there are 2 different specific carriers, Thanks Jim

OP
OP
fleurette

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Hi Jim,
Sorry but it has been sold, I thought that I'd marked it sold but obviously didn't, sorry for any inconvenience.
Nigel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

James Mackie

Free Member
Apr 18, 2018
Funster No
Hi Nigel
Maybe I missed that Im new to this
I will prob get a new 1 then
How difficult is it to get a spare in and out of one of these carriers?
There is a non al-ko alternative with a winding mechanism
Ta
Jim

OP
OP
fleurette

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
Hi Jim,
The carrier is OK but it depends if your happy to crawl on your hands and knees to get the spare out of the carrier, you can use you jack to lower and raise the frame OK yourself but if you've got breakdown cover call the experts to do it.
Hope you never need to use your spare as in 25+ years only had to once in France and then it was a complete blow out and none AlKo chassis so easier to remove the spare and replace myself.
Hope it helps
Nigel.

James Mackie

Free Member
Apr 18, 2018
Funster No
Hi Nigel
Were off for 3 weeks in France and will feel happier with a spare so have ordered one from tyre guru
As you say al-ko carrier workable in an emergency will get one - looks much more secure than the winding one
Thanks for letting me know
Best Wishes Jim

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back