Airbag ECU (again) (1 Viewer)

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 1995 + 20Yrs a 'Tugger' first.
I must admit when it happened to me , same as yourself, just checking things over! i thought the worst but plugged in and was able to clear the error; I guess i was lucky...
Yes, actually first checked it yesterday and was really pissed off so, after kicking the cat and thinking it over I thought I'll run through the checks again today - oh, and I read the Multicuscan manual before rechecking today (RTFM!)

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Yes, actually first checked it yesterday and was really pissed off so, after kicking the cat and thinking it over I thought I'll run through the checks again today - oh, and I read the Multicuscan manual before rechecking today (RTFM!)

so are you sorted ? or its still in error code?

huck999

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Crewe, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
2017 Ducato. MOT due next Tuesday, so I have been doing a few checks. Switched on and the Airbag warning has come on :oops:
Running Multicuscan confirms internal error on the Airbag Module and quotes a voltage of 11.8
How the hell did that happen? Solar keeping things nicely topped up all winter....
Oh well, a call to CrashData me thinks.
Just a thought - I was under the impression that the solar topped up the engine battery, but was wrong, to my cost. A battery master now tops up my starter battery and hopefully keeps my wallet topped up as well šŸ˜Š

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Just a thought - I was under the impression that the solar topped up the engine battery, but was wrong, to my cost. A battery master now tops up my starter battery and hopefully keeps my wallet topped up as well šŸ˜Š
I haven't got a Battery Master but I do have the Votronic equivalent:
<Broken link removed>
It just doesn't cope with Lithiums - not that I could afford to go there anyway!

Jul 22, 2020
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V line
Exp
I've done a few miles!!
2017 Ducato. MOT due next Tuesday, so I have been doing a few checks. Switched on and the Airbag warning has come on :oops:
Running Multicuscan confirms internal error on the Airbag Module and quotes a voltage of 11.8
How the hell did that happen? Solar keeping things nicely topped up all winter....
Oh well, a call to CrashData me thinks.
Hey,
This is the most common thing we see, voltages slightly short of what they are meant to be although you know that you are doing everything right in terms of solar, etc...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Hey,
This is the most common thing we see, voltages slightly short of what they are meant to be although you know that you are doing everything right in terms of solar, etc...
Yes. It's going in tomorrow to have belt change and service. My local garage seems to think he can correct the air-bag fault. I know he will not be able to so it looks like I will be contacting you later this week :giggle:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Donā€™t relax totally as that is my setup. I just got the very high battery voltage reading marked at 14.6.
I now take extra care to ensure everything in cab switched off and to leave voltage to settle after first putting the ignition on, then turn on engine.
Jean CrashData - it would be interesting to know how common my error was.

Mar 23, 2018
East Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Airbag Module returned really quick - thank you Jean CrashData
I've been thinking about voltage variations when parked up and how to avoid them. Normally the Solar takes care of keeping all batteries topped up except for some winter days. Thinking of connecting a NOCO Genius1 permanently plugged to the vehicle battery. What are other peoples thoughts?

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Just done all this, thankfully crashdata were able to supply me with a new module. I managed to reset the old one with my OBD reader for about a year before it finally gave in with the irrecoverable code. I did not reconnect the battery at all during the change over, but checked with my alarm manufacturer this would be OK. I left the battery diconnected fot at least an hour before disconnecting the module (see USS Forrestal fire incident for details of stray electricity & explosives :Eeek:) . The module itself was loose on the securing bolts & the bases were painted over, only the bolts would have been earthing it, possibly erratically. Not sure if this makes a difference but I wire brushed off the paint on the bases of the bolts to ensure the module itself was properly earthed to the chassis.
If you are going to do this, why not get a new pollen filter & replace that whilst you have the console off (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back