Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Hi,
Thanks for the reply, sounds like you are pretty happy with A&E, I must admit that I was a bit concerned by the Guigsy reply above as I really do not want it any lower but want to be able to level a bit when on a slope to avoid levellers. At the show yesterday they said about 750 to 100 mm movement which is about the height of our old yellow Fiama levellers. And when he said that they moved his waste tank that set alarm bells ringing with me.
Did you have the standard alloys before or uprated from steel rims? I have been told that with the VB system fitted I should be able to uprate the van from 4.5 to nearly 5 tonne if I fit 12 ply tyres but not sure about the original fitting Hymer alloys I have on the Hymer on the maxi Ducato chassis.
I also am actually not clear where they can fit the compressor and air tank on mine as I have the double floor and really don't want to lose that storage. Where are yours fitted?
It's a large outlay so I had better phone SAP & A&E next week to find out what their suggestions are. My Hymer is 2012.
I had the original Carthago alloys fitted but replaced them with 1450kg rated ones and 121 tyres, if you look back at my posts I have detailed what and where I got them. šŸ˜‰
The compressor and reservoir are fitted to the chassis underneath.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I had the original Carthago alloys fitted but replaced them with 1450kg rated ones and 121 tyres, if you look back at my posts I have detailed what and where I got them. šŸ˜‰
The compressor and reservoir are fitted to the chassis underneath.
The Carthago alloys are normally Fiat ones. Hymer use their own.

Apr 17, 2016
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E Line
Exp
Since March 2004
A & E Leisure get my vote. had a problem that another well known VB supplier would not look at and they fitted it! In conjunction with VB direct it was decided that A & E would be best suited to resolve then issues. It was further to drive to from Peterborough than South Yorkshire but I can highly recommend them.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
My tank is just behind the fuel tank.
That's where my Fresh water tank is, insulated between the floors then the fuel tank then the vehicle battery so no room there. I do have a side locker where we keep excess milk & drinks and the water pump, so the compressor and electrics could go there and the air tank which is probably not that heavy behind the rear wheels. Just means we lose a locker unfortunately.

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
A & E Leisure get my vote. had a problem that another well known VB supplier would not look at and they fitted it! In conjunction with VB direct it was decided that A & E would be best suited to resolve then issues. It was further to drive to from Peterborough than South Yorkshire but I can highly recommend them.
Really nice to get such a good report. Were you able to talk through where they would fit things and did your ride height stay the same?
What problem did you have?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
That's where my Fresh water tank is, insulated between the floors then the fuel tank then the vehicle battery so no room there. I do have a side locker where we keep excess milk & drinks and the water pump, so the compressor and electrics could go there and the air tank which is probably not that heavy behind the rear wheels. Just means we lose a locker unfortunately.
Don't get that should be plenty of room between the chassis sides. On your van the lower floor is bolted onto the top of the chassis.
Its only the SLC chassis where the chassis is integrated into the floor they didn't come out until 2018.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OldAgeTravellers

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 6, 2014
Telford, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1970
Don't get that should be plenty of room between the chassis sides. On your van the lower floor is bolted onto the top of the chassis.
Its only the SLC chassis where the chassis is integrated into the floor they didn't come out until 2018.
Yes your right Lenny, (as usual ;) ) just had a look, there is the depth of the chassis about 250mm so plenty for the tank and between the step and the locker there is about 400mm depth where the compressor could go unless it would fit in the chassis depth.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back