Advice for our longest holiday yet. (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I must admit I’ve never tried using my debit card at fuel stations and so on. Maybe it’s because there has always been fees and so i have just discounted it from foreign use. My. Apologies if I have been misleading.

Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
Make sure you’ve got lpg adapters for each country.
I ended up in Portugal on a whim and then had to locate a portuguese adapter.
I always make sure I have extra cash for the tolls as some in Portugal only take portuguese credit cards multibanco

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crazylegs
Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Thanks all for your contributions, my planning is simply limited to booking my passage to the near continent, and my goodness the ferry and tunnel companies aren’t assisting me with my budget, any which way this week is going to cost a chunk over a £100, it’s the most I’ve ever paid ! If the trip goes well I will collect Mrs Crazylegs NYE if not I’m sure a kindly relative will bail me out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
Anyone really. One type of adapter for Portugal and a different one for Spain.just remembered I’ve got to locate a Spain one this week as I travel back through towards Salamanca. Definitely might need the heating on.

Mar 14, 2017
Peak District
Funster No
MH
4 wheels on my wagon
Exp
Since 2013
Hmm. I’m in cascais in Portugal. Was hoping to travel home through Santander after new year though no ferry booked yet.want to get home soonish but not sure exactly how or when to do it.

Sep 4, 2017
North West, UK
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1 Transporter
Exp
Never stop learning 😊
Looks like you have it sorted. We don’t do anything differently on long trips to weekends away in Uk apart from the making sure have all documents.

A friend of mine and her sister flew to Vienna early December, partly to have a few days break, mostly to help her niece finish packing up from a year's study as part of the international baccalaureate programme. All the 'big stuff' had already been boxed up and was on its way back to England. Unknown to my friend, included in the shipping boxes was the young lady's Passport . . .

Fortunately pictures of everything and anything deemed 'important' were on her iPhone and iCloud account. As a result, it took the British Embassy less than half a day to provide her with documentation to travel.

Moral of this story - take pictures of EVERYTHING! Then take a backup. Have a wonderful trip - not envious, not remotely, not at all . . . :xlaugh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
A friend of mine and her sister flew to Vienna early December, partly to have a few days break, mostly to help her niece finish packing up from a year's study as part of the international baccalaureate programme. All the 'big stuff' had already been boxed up and was on its way back to England. Unknown to my friend, included in the shipping boxes was the young lady's Passport . . .

Fortunately pictures of everything and anything deemed 'important' were on her iPhone and iCloud account. As a result, it took the British Embassy less than half a day to provide her with documentation to travel.

Moral of this story - take pictures of EVERYTHING! Then take a backup. Have a wonderful trip - not envious, not remotely, not at all . . . :xlaugh:
Good point, I always have photos of passports, driving licences, bank cards, V5 etc emailed to myself so able to get at from any device, mine or third party’s.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back