Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Had our renewal through for our ADAC "Partner Plus"! renews in February

in two minds as what to do, it s by far the best value cover available but will it be valid after the 29th March....
its not on standing order so i can let it expire or simply pay up! if i let it expire thats it dont think i will be able to rejoin.

Do i feel lucky!!!! :cautious:

had to call them out in UK two weeks ago for my car.... AA man was there in no time all sorted.

Any ADAC members on the forum who have a view on continued support from them?

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
I have just renewed ,I think they will honour any contract they make with you

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
i do think you are right and am erring that way. thanks for the reply

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I really hope they renew as it’s cover on the mainland I want as their brilliant. AA in the uk eh? Ok sounds good.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I’m due to renew mine at the end of Feb, I will ring to renew and ask about cover after March.

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
yep called the ADAC help line ... spoke excellent english after we had a giggle about my pigeon German..:D

all sorted in less than 40 minutes from call to Germany AA man was with me.

phoning Germany is the only draw back as it aint a cheap local call from a mobile.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
yep called the ADAC help line ... spoke excellent english after we had a giggle about my pigeon German..:D

all sorted in less than 40 minutes from call to Germany AA man was with me.

phoning Germany is the only draw back as it aint a cheap local call from a mobile.
cost us £18 last time we had to ring them thinking about changing this year but dont think anyone else comes close for cover

worky

Free Member
Mar 6, 2008
worcester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi - I might be wrong, but is it still not the case that you have to give them 3 months notice that you do not wish to renew ?

cheers

Clyde

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Ours is due for renewal in March and probably will unless any negative feedback on this thread.
As others have said AA responded in less than an hour from call to Germany for starting problem with car. Excellent service and very cost competitive.:)
Call from mobile was free as well as covered by Three roaming for free!(y)

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes we had a quick response from AA after ringing Germany, we ended having to wait for breakdown truck to take us to a garage after AA guy couldn’t fix the problem.
So I hope I can renew later in February.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I have decided not to renew because of uncertainty over the B word. Also I think the Nationwide BS FlexPlus account is very good value when you consider interest it’s actually about £9 a month in my case. That includes breakdown,travel and mobile phone insurance. I think it’s worth it just for the breakdown insurance alone.

I had been an ADAC member for some years but I took my decision having read several reports on here of people very happy with the Nationwide service and after carefully going through the T&C.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
Hi - I might be wrong, but is it still not the case that you have to give them 3 months notice that you do not wish to renew ?

cheers

Clyde
Don't know about the time scale but with all European insurance companies etc, I believe you have to write to say you will not renew

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Don't know about the time scale but with all European insurance companies etc, I believe you have to write to say you will not renew

Yes. ADAC terms and conditions require three months notice. Email quoting your membership number and address is acceptable.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I have cancelled my cover with them not because of any of the above but I found it totally impractical trying to conduct things in German. I do not speak a word and any communication from them would mean nothing to me. I know about Google Translate and all that but I just found it all too unclear and couldn't tell advertising from important documents. After first joining I tried several times to correct first my wife's name then our address then my name. In the end they didn't get them right. I am sure that the service would have been great but I found the language barrier too much.(n)

Wyn

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I have cancelled my cover with them not because of any of the above but I found it totally impractical trying to conduct things in German. I do not speak a word and any communication from them would mean nothing to me. I know about Google Translate and all that but I just found it all too unclear and couldn't tell advertising from important documents. After first joining I tried several times to correct first my wife's name then our address then my name. In the end they didn't get them right. I am sure that the service would have been great but I found the language barrier too much.(n)

Wyn
Just do what we all do. Talk s l o w e r and LOUDER.:whistle:;):giggle:

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
well I decided.... and renewed today.(y)

@iandsm does the BS breakdown cover your motorhome and in Europe? if it does that is very good value.

OP
OP
Phill D
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
just looked it up .... covered up to 8m and 7.7 T for motorhome. other vehicle upto 7m and 3.5T

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Firstly, for those who don’t join because they don’t speak German, I’ve been a member for 4 years and on the 2 occasions I’ve had to call them they spoke perfect English.
Secondly, if you’re currently a member I’d renew because they not write new business i.e. cover you post Brexit.
My tuppence worth.?:sneaky:

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Secondly, if you’re currently a member I’d renew because they not write new business i.e. cover you post Brexit.

Not true,

As from 1st October 2017 ADAC havel no longer been able to take new Members who are not German citizens, with a German Postal Address. This applies to ALL countries not just the UK

This is a copy of the letter they were sending out ......

Dear Members & interested Persons,

Unfortunately from the 1st of October 2017 the ADAC Mobile Club in Germany is not allowed to take out any new memberships for interested people with a residence outside from Germany.

For existing Members is it still possible to renew the existing breakdown cover insurance over the phone and stay as a member in ADAC Mobile Club.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kindest Regards

Amanda Moser-Wickles
Leiterin Geschäftsstelle & Reisebüro
ADAC Südbayern e. V., Paracelsusstraße 1, 93053 Regensburg
Tel: (0941) 5 56 73 Fax: (0941) 56 16 65
amanda.moser-wickles@sby.adac.de
www.adac.de/suedbayern www.adacreisen.de www.sicherheitstraining.ne

The good news is no change for existing members, they will still be able to renew as usual every year.

Oh and look!... No mention of Brexit

Pete

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Not sure their letter does provide the comfort you suggest. Who knows, post Brexit, what the position will be regarding driving licenses, contracts for insurance etc. The letter does however support my view that, if an existing member, renew. How long that remains the case is unknown.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
First I don't have ADAC, but then I don't tour Europe :rolleyes:...

...but my tuppence is for this year at least, renewal is 'safe' because the likelihood of Brexit affecting anything in 2019 is minimal...

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Had our renewal through for our ADAC "Partner Plus"! renews in February

in two minds as what to do, it s by far the best value cover available but will it be valid after the 29th March....
its not on standing order so i can let it expire or simply pay up! if i let it expire thats it dont think i will be able to rejoin.

Do i feel lucky!!!! :cautious:

had to call them out in UK two weeks ago for my car.... AA man was there in no time all sorted.

Any ADAC members on the forum who have a view on continued support from them?
Cannot really see what BREXIT has to do with an insurance/breakdown contract taken out with a German company..Would it mean your money in Santander Bank would be affected also or my Brittany Ferry Club Voyage be null and void,,BUSBY,,

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Firstly, for those who don’t join because they don’t speak German, I’ve been a member for 4 years and on the 2 occasions I’ve had to call them they spoke perfect English.

Thought they had ceased new business in UK early last year,,Mixed reports,,BUSBY,

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Thought they had ceased new business in UK early last year,,Mixed reports,,BUSBY,
The taking of new business in the UK did not affect renewals, so far as I understand their (ADAC's) position. We've been offered our renewal and are not resident in Germany.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
First I don't have ADAC, but then I don't tour Europe :rolleyes:...

...but my tuppence is for this year at least, renewal is 'safe' because the likelihood of Brexit affecting anything in 2019 is minimal...
Fyi ... ADAC is as good in the UK as it is in ...say.. France. It's only when in Germany that you get some different service levels.
It's a great service and it's a shame it's not open to other countries any more

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Just renewed no problem !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back