AB Semi Air Suspension (1 Viewer)

Nov 14, 2019
Currently Travelling Europe from Portugal
Funster No
MH
A Class 7.5m
Exp
Starting to be broken in - 6 months touring
Before we picked up our new 4.5t / 7.5m long Le Voyageur motorhome we decided to have AB semi air suspension fitted to the rear axle. Looking at the operating manual I believe we have the Comfort Pack fitted with two switches in the dashboard to increase or decrease air. When I spoke to the dealer, apart from ride quality I specifically wanted the benefit of raising the rear for driving on and off ferry ramps. My research suggests that the comfort pack should not be placed at any more than 3.5 bar pressure which will help level the motorhome but only minimal lift (and certainly not 6 bar which would give you maximum lift). Am I wrong in my understanding?

Dec 17, 2016
Malvern
Funster No
MH
Hymer B525 2006 A cl
Exp
I would think 6 bar would be fine but I don't have the AB system. With mine I tend to run at 3 bar but have certainly increased to 5 bar for Ramps etc. I doubt that the air bags and lines are significantly different on your system.
6 bar would certainly give a hard ride so not for every day use.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Wrihop2020
Nov 14, 2019
Currently Travelling Europe from Portugal
Funster No
MH
A Class 7.5m
Exp
Starting to be broken in - 6 months touring
I would think 6 bar would be fine but I don't have the AB system. With mine I tend to run at 3 bar but have certainly increased to 5 bar for Ramps etc. I doubt that the air bags and lines are significantly different on your system.
6 bar would certainly give a hard ride so not for every day use.
I’m running my suspension at 2.5 bar, but raising to 6 bar would only be on and off ferry. I would reset to 2.5 bar as soon as I was level.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
The concern is at 6bar there will be no give, so likely pop a bag. I’ve put mine up to 6bar before and it does raise it, but the biggest raises come before that.

Upvote 0
Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
We have AB. We normally run a 3bar. 4.5bar is the maximum before the compressor bypass valve kick in.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back