A test of the BB code unfurl option (1 Viewer)

Wild Brambles

Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
It looks as if Motothome Fun supports the unfurl option in BB code. I haven't used this in the past, so this thread is an experiment, and an investigation into the way it crawl page meta data to build the link. I'm using my nascent Offgrid Camper blog for the test, as it is based on the latest version of B2evolution.

Great, that seems to work. It looks as if I need to pay more attention to the meta data, and maybe even try to include a thumbnail. The unfurl is included automatically.

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
The bit in the box contains more text than was written in Wild Brambles' post ;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think I can understand rees_mogg better than this and that's saying something!!!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We only unfurl the title, the url and og description, don't really need any more than that.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Untill he actually reappears under his own name I would swear this is 596 in disguise :unsure: :xsmile:
Now that’s a point.
He seems to have disappeared as quickly as he originally appeared.
Or is he on an extended trip to that well known city in the midlands, curtesy of Jim ?

Richard.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Now that’s a point.
He seems to have disappeared as quickly as he originally appeared.
Or is he on an extended trip to that well known city in the midlands, curtesy of Jim ?

Richard.
Think so although he must be due back soon. :doh:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Untill he actually reappears under his own name I would swear this is 596 in disguise :unsure: :xsmile:

People never give a thought to how posts like this come across to those concerned. Clearly the OP would not know to whom you refer. So your comment comes across like you are talking behind his back in a cliquey way.

For your information Brambles, 596 was a poster who is presently banned, He enjoyed fishing here, mostly on wind-up threads.

Whenever he went fishing he caught and landed chaser who swallowed a treble hook and the lead each time. :D

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
People never give a thought to how posts like this come across to those concerned. Clearly the OP would not know to whom you refer. So your comment comes across like you are talking behind his back in a cliquey way.

Jim

The OP is talking in a technical cliquey sort of way - because I did not understand a word of it.

So now that you have explained something to him about 596 maybe the OP would like to explain what his post was about.

It should work both ways.

Geoff

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

For your information Brambles, 596 was a poster who is presently banned, He enjoyed fishing here, mostly on wind-up threads.

Whenever he went fishing he caught and landed chaser who swallowed a treble hook and the lead each time. :D
While others stood back and let him talk a load of twaddle :Eeek:

OP
OP
Wild Brambles

Wild Brambles

Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
No probs - I thought this board was for people who created web sites, and were interested in page linkage and promotion. I've never used a numeric sobriquet, and I would be suspicious of a person's opinion of self-worth if they did.

Who is this 596 anyway. It sounds like some new EU system of time measurement to get more minutes into an hour. Anyway, here is a pic of my old Scudo, to test a picture listing.
Broken Link Removed

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No probs - I thought this board was for people who created web sites, and were interested in page linkage and promotion. I've never used a numeric sobriquet, and I would be suspicious of a person's opinion of self-worth if they did.

Who is this 596 anyway. It sounds like some new EU system of time measurement to get more minutes into an hour. Anyway, here is a pic of my old Scudo, to test a picture listing.
Broken Link Removed
Yeah sorry mate didn't mean no offence, just seemed like him, talking about something we don't understand, my bad I suppose as the trendy say. :doh: :xsmile:

Reactions: Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Rather than a regular url that would look something like this

htt ps://apps.apple.com/us/app/motorhomefun-magazine/id1459736606?ls=1

The Forum unfurls the link to give you a better idea about where the link is going or what it has to say, like this

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yeah sorry mate didn't mean no offence, just seemed like him, talking about something we don't understand, my bad I suppose as the trendy say. :doh: :xsmile:
After all can't knock your make of motor.
This was ours, loved it
2012-09-15-107_20121124T131259-444.jpg

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
what most of us seem! to have missed... myself included as i did not look...:doh: that this thread is listed correctly under "website help" part of the forum...

had i bothered to read the OP's heading properly i may have understood.... there again probably :xThumb:not!

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I was about to unfurl a couple of URL's with a BB code when I realised I can no longer unfurl the third and fourth fingers of my left hand as it is currently crippled with Arthur Right-is.

This now means the Faro and Charlier manoeuvres are no longer available to me as they involve full use of the left hand while folk are watching the right one...

Seconds, centres and bottoms are also out of the question.

Thank goodness I have retired from all that nonsense...

20191211_152608.jpg

Unfurling impossible at the moment...

JJ :cool:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
what most of us seem! to have missed... myself included as i did not look...:doh: that this thread is listed correctly under "website help" part of the forum...

had i bothered to read the OP's heading properly i may have understood.... there again probably :xThumb:not!
Yeah that's right, I never look what section posts are in, just read them all as " what's new" then go by the title.

OP
OP
Wild Brambles

Wild Brambles

Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
I thought there was a section about website creation, but I realise that I've misread the index. I think this board is about the MH website, so I guess that at a pinch, it could be posted in the correct place. The other board is about connecting to the internet, so it isn't really suitable.

Anyway, I hope the thread is useful for any Internet content providers amongst you. Now who wants to talk about Bitcoin and merkle trees.

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I thought there was a section about website creation, but I realise that I've misread the index. I think this board is about the MH website, so I guess that at a pinch, it could be posted in the correct place. The other board is about connecting to the internet, so it isn't really suitable.

Anyway, I hope the thread is useful for any Internet content providers amongst you. Now who wants to talk about Bitcoin and merkle trees.
WB I seriously have no idea what you are talking about it, it all went into gobbledygook halfway through the first paragraph of the opening post. All I know is take the plug out and blow on it is the first fix for anything electrical.
but in case its relevant I would like to offer you this.
spider.jpg

OP
OP
Wild Brambles

Wild Brambles

Free Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
If one is going to adopt a life as a digital nomad, then one has to learn about content production and promotion. You can take photos and put them on Shutterstock, or make videos for YouTube, but if nobody looks at them, then they won't sell, and you won't make any money. Content production is a great way to build a passive income.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

So what is it picking up? This is the link to my website (woefully out of date!) but it isn't showing anything useful. It's a WordPress site.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back