A New Motorhoming Adventure Starts For Me Today... (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Just over a week for us :)

Are you like me? .... Maps all around on the floor to see which little villages in France will make us feel like in heaven. Looking for a few castles, and interesting museums , or just local things to see , rivers and lakes to have a dip now and then.

Frankie:cool:

Reactions: JJ

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Are you like me? .... Maps all around on the floor to see which little villages in France will make us feel like in heaven. Looking for a few castles, and interesting museums , or just local things to see , rivers and lakes to have a dip now and then.

Frankie:cool:

Generally yes, but for the time we are away we are near our son's house as he needs help with his garden. I am going to print out the cycle route that runs past the campsite in the hope we get to do it :) We'll be on the same site for two weeks because of needing to be near the son and I will be looking after Grandson whilst his Dad is busy.... it's not a brilliant site but is very handy for our son and is between canal and long distance cycle path so well situated and we've been on worse sites.

Now our September trip will be a longer trip and lots of wanderings - we just know where we have to be during two of the weekends :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hope you have a great road trip you two. Also hoe to call in on our way though France in October Frankie. We will have a special celebration too but it's a secret at the moment.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Happy Adventures you two .Look forward to your posts and pics . Hope to catch up with you sometime in 2016 . love from us three xxx

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
A good Chinese buffet then !! But don't tell JJ he'll be green of envy

Not me my Princess... You know I only eat salad and fruit with the odd yoghurt now and then...

(Well ok... I did have a Double Whopper with extra cheese and bacon but no pickle today... but that was only to see if I could still manage it. ;) )

JJ :cool:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hope you have a great road trip you two. Also hoe to call in on our way though France in October Frankie. We will have a special celebration too but it's a secret at the moment.

You'll be most welcome , just keep in mind I'm much freer on week ends! During the week I'm up very early and as a consequence I can't stay up after 10.00pm ...old age is catching me lol! Looking forward to seeing you again!

Frankie:):cool:

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
AT LAST.

An internet connection...

Man Plans, God Laughes...

Reached Miranda de Ebro last night to get connected via the wi-fi at Burger King.

11pm... place packed, including loads of kids... couldn't connect... grrrrrrrr.

Still, I eased my grief with a Double Whopper. What is more, there was a promotion on extra cheese and bacon.

So desparate was I for news of the Test, I downloaded the 5Live podcast via my roaming data on the mobile. Goodness knows how much that set me back!

But now, the next day, needing diesel I pulled into a Cepsa Garage, filled up and was given the internet password.

So... Lunch here and a bit of Aggers and Boycott.

20150731_130554.jpg

Notice the cloud cover?

First I have seen for weeks and weeks and weeks...

Spain hey!

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Enjoy ya travels and forget ya worrys,have a great time away(y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Have a great time.

I hope the ankle holds out.(y)

Don't forget to tune into the 4th test

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
AT LAST.

An internet connection...

Man Plans, God Laughes...

Reached Miranda de Ebro last night to get connected via the wi-fi at Burger King.

11pm... place packed, including loads of kids... couldn't connect... grrrrrrrr.

This spring we got a good free wifi connection sitting on the benches outside the Tourist Office in the main square at Miranda de Ebro. Good enough to be able to facetime both kids. Mind you the Aire there is not very good - just a patch of dirt at the side of a road - close to the main road and railway. We won't be back.

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Ready for the off...

20150804_113300.jpg

And our first stop for lunch...

20150804_125629.jpg

Then a bit further and tea time...

20150804_160301.jpg

and our stop for the night at Le Lac de St Fris.

20150804_174706.jpg

The night was not completely without incident because Frankie heard footsteps and a torch being shone around her van... but a quick text resulted in a huge, rufty tufty Off-Site Freeloader leaping (?) Out of his van and checking on things. No one to be seen after that!

Then, a 2.30 am, some young drongo in a go faster car rolled up... blew his horn for 20 seconds... wheeled spung forward for 30 metres, screamed back again and repeated the horn blowing. He did this three times and then drove off.

Poor lad... probably wasn't breast fed.

Off course I was watching him from my bed. Had he got out of his car, I would have a chat with him about his problems and given him a hug.

Rest of the night passed peacefully.

JJ and Frankie.

(Frankie's ankle much better today as long as she is careful.)

Last edited:
OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Fate finds us in one of the most amazing lakeside, off-site camping spots ever.

Boy, it was a hot drive from the super market to here...

Even got me into the water...

20150805_183509_002.jpg

Twenty minutes later we were both swimming around like froggies.

We came to this area to visit the Eco Museum at Sabres. We arrived too late for a visit today but planned to spend all day there tomorrow...

The lady on the desk wouldn't let us stay overnight on the museum carpark, but directed us here (20 kms away). I love her!

Well!

I think we will hang out here for a few days, and wait until it is cooler for the "museum" (it is mostly outside) visit.

I reckon the (on approval) boat gets a trial launch tomorrow. Hope Frankie brought the champagne...

JJ and Frankie :cool:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Arjuzanx?

Looks beautiful. Enjoy yourselves. :cool:

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Probably cos he snores! !!!

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Did you leave that gap, just in case we turned up. :whistle: Bob.

We wish you were in the space too!

Expect two French vans or three cars to park there later... (actually the tree branches dictated the parking position)

Just been shouted at by a "busy body" that no camping is allowed... lucky we are only parked! ;)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We wish you were in the space too!

Expect two French vans or three cars to park there later... (actually the tree branches dictated the parking position)

Just been shouted at by a "busy body" that no camping is allowed... lucky we are only parked! ;)

Just as well you dont have uk plates on, could get us Brits a bad name. Just tell them you are Portuguese and you dont understand.:)

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Just as well you dont have uk plates on, could get us Brits a bad name. Just tell them you are Portuguese and you dont understand.:)

He didn't call out at me...

(Frankie's Max has French plates. ;))

Had he done so, I would have politely asked what position in the local government he held...

If he had been a real man and stopped his car to give out the "information", Frankie would have dealt with him and he would have soon scurried off with his tail between his legs!

By the way, there is a big sign saying "No Bathing" but it was explained to us by one of the dozen locals (who were swimming and sail boarding and paddling those board thingies) that the sign is only there so the mayor is not responsible for any accidents.

Rufty Tufties (local or visiting) aren't fightened off by signs like these...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back