Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
A Love Story

I will seek and find you.

I shall take you to bed, and have my way with you.

I will make you ache, shake & sweat until you moan & groan.

I will make you beg for mercy, beg for me to stop.

I will exhaust you to the point that you will be relieved when I'm finished with you.

And, when I am finished, you will be weak for days.

All my love,

The Flu

Now, stop thinking about sex, all you senior citizens,
and go get your flu shot!

OP
OP
bigalw35
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
We’ve had our flu shots but now moving into week 3 of illness. So weak can hardly get dressed before lunchtime. Not that lunchtime means anything as not eating.
We both had our flu shots and shingles jabs, but still got it, about the 20th December and it’s only just going now, this bout came with several other problems

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None

I had it for two eeeks over Christmas,,,

Ten cups of tea a day, minimum,,, 15 fags a day minimum,, it didn’t stay long!!!

kelpie

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E745
Exp
3 years
Was about to post my address until I read the last line, AND, your profile where you are male . Lucky escape there , for both of us:):):):).
John

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
I have just come to realise that when you have a flu jab...you are at that funny age in life! Struth....I am there! :ROFLMAO:

Kev

OP
OP
bigalw35
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
The problem is that whatever jab you have it’s only good for last years flu’s/problems

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
That's why we don't have the jab...
Cheers, Dave(y)
I don’t think the two connected, flu jabs last September. Pharmacist says the flu strain migrated after the jabs made up.
So I guess there was no point in having the jab but it didn’t cause the current illness.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Had our flu jabs here and both caught it, I managed to recover after a few weeks but Lorraine has now been signed off for 6 weeks.

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
I don’t think the two connected, flu jabs last September. Pharmacist says the flu strain migrated after the jabs made up.
So I guess there was no point in having the jab but it didn’t cause the current illness.

You're right. I read a book a few years ago on the development and manufacture of flu vaccine ( oh my exciting life !)
The scientists have to predict the strain/s of flu that will hit the following winter. They then have to devise the vaccine and incubate it in eggs ( apparently the Netherlands is a huge producer of eggs, millions of 'em)
If a new strain of flu materialises between the vaccine manufacture and it being given to people then the vaccine is unlikely to protect against that strain.

Edit : Found a link that explains a mutation caused a new strain of flu to hit https://qz.com/1143420/the-2017-2018-flu-vaccine-is-less-effective-than-usual/

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
We think our current virus came from our very runny nosed grandson who was the only person we had contact with in the days before we became ill. Of course all the handwashing advice means nothing to a 3 year old and he smeared every surface in our living room and sneezed all over us.

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
I don't have it anymore. I think optimal vitamins and minerals is a far better safeguard!

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
We think our current virus came from our very runny nosed grandson who was the only person we had contact with in the days before we became ill. Of course all the handwashing advice means nothing to a 3 year old and he smeared every surface in our living room and sneezed all over us.

"Like" doesn't seem quite appropriate but I can understand the runny nosed 3 year old. I was a nursery teacher for 9 years and sometimes thought I should have a dip in disinfectant at the end of the day.
First time my daughter, aged about 15, came to help with the children cooking biscuits she didn't eat for 3 days afterwards... and I thought we were quite hygienic

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
"Like" doesn't seem quite appropriate but I can understand the runny nosed 3 year old. I was a nursery teacher for 9 years and sometimes thought I should have a dip in disinfectant at the end of the day.
First time my daughter, aged about 15, came to help with the children cooking biscuits she didn't eat for 3 days afterwards... and I thought we were quite hygienic
I was a lecturer in further education college teaching computer programming. Majority of classes practical, so involved picking up mouse to demonstrate something as I went around the class. My friend and I had a rule, always visit the ladies to hand wash at the end of every class.
I had a blissful 8 years after retirement and before grandchildren when I was cold and flu free.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
A Love Story

I will seek and find you.

I shall take you to bed, and have my way with you.

I will make you ache, shake & sweat until you moan & groan.

I will make you beg for mercy, beg for me to stop.

I will exhaust you to the point that you will be relieved when I'm finished with you.

And, when I am finished, you will be weak for days.

All my love,

The Flu

Now, stop thinking about sex, all you senior citizens,
and go get your flu shot!
Up until the last line I was thinking of Buffalo Bill from the Silence of the Lambs
God knows what that says of me.

Anyone fancy dinner ?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Well along with a dose of pneumonia thrown in eigher Eddie or me have had it since the bonfire meet, to say I am pi#### off is a understatement , another visit to the doctors for me as it has turned into a full blow. Infection. :swear2::getmecoat:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have stayed clear of it so far.

I had a few sniffles before Christmas and then my whole family went down with it badly over Christmas.

It just proves that San Miguel beer has medicinal qualities not yet recognised by the medical profession.(y)

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Eat almonds...very good for keeping clear of all bugs.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back