LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
With an A class you do away with the compromise of virtually grafting a caravan on the back of a pickup truck. You get a purpose built bodyshell that has no need to step in for the cab. With the full width electric raising bed above the cab, you can walk all the way to the dashboard and sit down even if over 6ft tall

did i mention proper size beds for man sized men, long enough to stretch out and not overhang the ends even if you are 6ft 4

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
With an A class you do away with the compromise of virtually grafting a caravan on the back of a pickup truck. You get a purpose built bodyshell that has no need to step in for the cab. With the full width electric raising bed above the cab, you can walk all the way to the dashboard and sit down even if over 6ft tall

did i mention proper size beds for man sized men, long enough to stretch out and not overhang the ends even if you are 6ft 4

It’s bloody great isn’t it.

I love our van bed and I’m glad it wasn’t one of the, inevitable, compromises that have to be made with every purchase.

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now

But I think you'll have to pay 50-100k extra for those pleasures which is way out of my league. Many of the A class I looked at were the same as coachbuilts except for the drivers cab area being a bit wider on the inside

Reactions: 68c
May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
I said that a long time ago and got shot down in flames.
It was said some makers move the bulkhead, steering wheel and pedal box further back.
To this day I can't see how this is possible.
Not can I

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
We have had both had 2 A classes now have a Coach built, don't really see a lot of difference in front view, upside with Coachbuilt , no drafts, screen standard Fiat .downside less headroom

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Not can I
The proof is out there for anybody who cares to look, I believe there are plenty of links above this post, it will repeat though “not all A class are built the same.

Martin

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
The chance to be driven mad by trying to do ANYTHING under the hood. A class have got a letterbox slot that allows you to do nothing with ease, even topping the oil up is difficult.
Apart from that if it is newish then it is lovely to be inside and not worry about 'under there'.
That under the bonnet access on both OUR A class Rapidos was always a worry when it went into the Merc. Dealer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back