DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As a way of distracting me from the bad weather outside I have been playing with a Ray Tracing programme called POV-Ray, which is free and I found fairly easy to use for simple stuff. Here is my MHF flypast:

You can download the programme here: http://www.povray.org/download/ For Windows look at the third section down called Windows Binary and click on the link in there called Windows Installer. There are versions for Linux as well.

The program can do some very clever things - but I am long way from being able to do something like this, which is a still picture, mine above is an animation with the camera moving past the object.
TopMod_StarBall.jpg

Easyliving

Free Member
Dec 4, 2012
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
Hi

I have only ever used POV-ray for rendering pictures. Anyone keen to have a go at producing their own 3d masterpiece could try one of the many free or cheap programs available.

Blender (blender.org) is completely free and can be used to produced stuff like this:

Paul

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I'll have a look at blender tomorrow - but I guess it isn't the work of a few moments to make those demo shots!

The MHF flypast was written with just a few dozen lines of code and the still images made into a video with Sony Vegas. No artistic skill needed - thankfully!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Today's little effort, getting the camera to run round in circles:

It looks a bit better if you crank the setting up to HD by clicking the gear symbol along the bottom row.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Wow, bit too clever for the likes of me .... but the bottom one looks good... If I put a picture of me on it will it go round the back and show me if my bottom looks big in this. :)

Seriously, thanks for that ... looks like could spend an interesting hour on it. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back