Free Member
Aug 10, 2018
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I am very disappointed that the the two issues of Parkinsons and over 70 drivers have been linked This is an eroneous link which, does not reflect the realities between issues to be taken up between car drivers and 3.5t+ motorhomes. Clearly there is a difference between a diagnosed and debilitating disease, we all sympathise with those sufferers, and the ageing process. These are clearly separate issues, indeed separate petitions seem to me far more appropriate. I shall not be supporting this petition because to do so would dilute credibility for subsequent one relating to 70+ the driving of vehicles of 3.5t+ and the towing of caravans. Parkinsons is an issue between patient, Dr and DVLA

Aug 18, 2017
Antequera, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SP
Exp
5 years and still learning
Signed even though I my motorhome is below 3500. One never knows what the future will hold, I might win the Euromillions ;)

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
still waiting for my C1, nearly 5 months now, I agree that motorhome restrictions should be lifted to 4250kg, as this would cover 90% of those around, without the vagaries of having to ask for C1 (which would of course, entitle you to drive 7.5 ton lorries!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 18, 2015
Selby, North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8066DF
Correct me if I am wrong but I think there is a eu directive saying you can drive a vehicle up to 4200kg on a b licence if it is not fitted or requires a tachograph ie private use but hardly any state applies it, the UK does not apply this due to the cost of changing IT systems also no demand for c1 licenceso only 100 tests per year for M/homeso. Bill.

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
Correct me if I am wrong but I think there is a eu directive saying you can drive a vehicle up to 4200kg on a b licence if it is not fitted or requires a tachograph ie private use but hardly any state applies it, the UK does not apply this due to the cost of changing IT systems also no demand for c1 licenceso only 100 tests per year for M/homeso. Bill.

Oh but were that to be true! Can anyone with the necessary knowledge confirm this?

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
As I have stated many times they don't work..........
At 10,000 signatures...

At 10,000 signatures, government will respond to this petition: that's 60 a day

At 100,000 signatures...

At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament: that's 602 a day

Started on 5 September 2019 All petitions run for 6 months: That's why they set it for 6 months becasue they know they can forget about it.........

Nice idea though

john lillie

Banned
Life Ban
May 11, 2016
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
a class euramobil
Exp
25 years
if only about 100 tests per year for C1, why does it take so ****ing long?

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
That’s only for motorhomes over 3.5t, so I think they should be classed as lorries and treated according.

No signature from me.

Short sighted attitude IMV. Re:

The vast majority of chassis/cab units which most motorhomes are based on (PVC`s Excepted) Are actually DOWNRATED, and without modification can be used up to much higher running mass`. Making this adjustment in the licencing regulation would make no significant difference, and note that the change only removes the "Blanket" restriction due to age, the other Medical reasons would remain, but would remove an extra cost (My last medical was £96) to those who have made their contribution to the country and now wish to enjoy their remaining days.

The blanket removal of C-1 at 70 is nothing more than AGE DISCRIMINATION. Any other "discrimination" would have the Liberal, P-C "Lovies". screaming!. But us "old gits" are expected keep quiet, and to be happy to stare at 4 walls until the grim reaper arrives!.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Whilst the effect on any potential changes would reach further than just motorhomers, I can't see that much consideration for changes will be given to motorhomes & quite right too

Quite frankly, I think there are more important things to support than a few people having jump thought a few hoops so they can drive a bigger motorhome - sorry!

The vast majority of chassis/cab units which most motorhomes are based on (PVC`s Excepted) Are actually DOWNRATED, and without modification can be used up to much higher running mass`. Making this adjustment in the licencing regulation would make no significant difference, and note that the change only removes the "Blanket" restriction due to age, the other Medical reasons would remain, but would remove an extra cost (My last medical was £96) to those who have made their contribution to the country and now wish to enjoy their remaining days.

The removal of C-1 at 70 is nothing more than AGE DISCRIMINATION. Any other "discrimination" would have the Liberal, P-C "Lovies". screaming!. But us "old gits" are expected keep quiet, and to be happy to stare at 4 walls until the grim reaper arrives!.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Short sighted attitude IMV. Re:

The blanket removal of C-1 at 70 is nothing more than AGE DISCRIMINATION. Any other "discrimination" would have the Liberal, P-C "Lovies". screaming!. But us "old gits" are expected keep quiet, and to be happy to stare at 4 walls until the grim reaper arrives!.
But the petition you are supporting specifically mentions Parkinsons!!!!!!. You could equally argue its age descrimination not to allow driving until the age of 17 and the vote to the age of 18. The extra cost is optional everyone knows how old they are when they buy a motorhome it should be no great surprise when they need a medical at age 70. I choose to fly a motorglider should my medicals be free too? How about people who choose not to have a motorhome but fly should they get state aid towards their holidays?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back