360 camera being fitted this week (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
If they're not careful they will have Mrs C to answer to!
Hope he is good then or....

IMG_0105.PNG

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
@Robert Clark many thanks for asking all the questions I should have before ordering :)(y)

I had worked out the voltage and the monitor options, but also think they use a smaller camera on the van version, which looks neater IMO

They are bring both monitor options to decide which is best, no difference in price, we currently have a monitor in the rear view mirror location but it has to be folded up before dropping the bed, their monitor is on a fixed bracket, but they might be able to reuse the same mounting

Think I actually prefer one at dash level anyway, but trying to keep an open mind

I have opted for four channel recording (I think o_O) but if only 2 channel will record as you suggest which is virtually as good (y)

I haven't asked or worked out how to download the images, should know by Tuesday

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
@Robert Clark many thanks for asking all the questions I should have before ordering :)(y)

I had worked out the voltage and the monitor options, but also think they use a smaller camera on the van version, which looks neater IMO

They are bring both monitor options to decide which is best, no difference in price, we currently have a monitor in the rear view mirror location but it has to be folded up before dropping the bed, their monitor is on a fixed bracket, but they might be able to reuse the same mounting

Think I actually prefer one at dash level anyway, but trying to keep an open mind

I have opted for four channel recording (I think o_O) but if only 2 channel will record as you suggest which is virtually as good (y)

I haven't asked or worked out how to download the images, should know by Tuesday
I think there is a micro SD card which you can remove and view the footage on your PC

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Succumbed as well. Van option and 4ch recording - advised against the 2ch. Reverse mirror option as mine is in its natural position looks into a mirror showing you what's in front which is surreal. Having had a mirror fitted camera I prefer that position as it is more natural for me. Fitting a week on Monday. Hope it all lives up to the hype :)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
One important comment was made by Trailer Vision, a rear mounted bike rack will significantly affect the rear camera operation, although not stop it (y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
One important comment was made by Trailer Vision, a rear mounted bike rack will significantly affect the rear camera operation, although not stop it (y)

I emailed them about that this afternoon. Wondering if a wireless numberplate camera may help.

Did they offer you a solution David?

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Just a thought is it legal to Drive with a working screen live on the dash board or even mirror mounted.????
Cliff

I don't know the definitive legal answer, but can't believe they would be fitting a system that was illegal, to so many vehicles, my thought would be that as it is a safety feature that would over ride any restrictions on them

It cant be worse than sat nav screens and really is not much different to a rear view mirror and dash cam screen

I have had three MH's and all have had the option for permanent screens on the rear view camera when driving

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
2 men @ 2 days labour to fit for that reason I am out. The bride can keep waving me back

fixed fitting price though Paul, you wouldn't get 2 men for 2 days from my company for what I am paying, (£550 inc VAT) in fact you would not get one man for one day o_O plus they will be staying over somewhere I presume, possibly kipping in my MH :LOL:

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
fixed fitting price though Paul, you wouldn't get 2 men for 2 days from my company for what I am paying, (£550 inc VAT) in fact you would not get one man for one day o_O plus they will be staying over somewhere I presume, possibly kipping in my MH :LOL:

Can I come work for you ? I can offer a better rate I need to get out of the hell hole I'm working at now.

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I would like this but the cost for me was quite a lot although i am sure i would of got it had i not just forked out nearly 10k on extra's already like E&P/Alarms/Trackers/Invertors/Solar etc

My cost was for a 4 camera system + ECU + 7” Montior + DVR = £1614 inc vat without fitting, then add £660 for fitting inc vat, Total all in being £2274. It is a nice system though and one that i will be keeping an eye on when i can get more funds :). The dual camera waeco system without DVR was around £1200 and this was very limited and nothing like the Omni-Van. I am sure once more and more people have it they will post the reviews so we can all see. A good service will i am sure give them more work, it is always the after sales service i find companies fail on. I will be watching with interest and envy for now.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
jees, I can't believe the expense of this thing!!!

I will get one fitted just before i sell the van, in the mean time Ill keeping sending nikki out to look behind when parking

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
jees, I can't believe the expense of this thing!!!

I will get one fitted just before i sell the van, in the mean time Ill keeping sending nikki out to look behind when parking

I did think so myself, but a rear panel on mine (or yours) is £5K before fitting, so could be a good investment if I carry on backing into things o_O

I was quoted over half the price I am paying for just a twin rear camera from Vanbitz, so four cameras and full recording isn't so surprising, the spec looks awesome, permanent top down view if wanted, auto view of side you are turning to when indicating

I am a soft touch, but reckon this will be one of my better spends and anyway everything else I have bought has cost £5K so this is cheap :LOL::LOL:

BillandHelen

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 17, 2013
Edinburgh United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Wildax Elara
Exp
since 2004
Quite agree David, was down seeing Mick yesterday at SAP, as ever all the workshops were packed, vans caravans trucks and cars everywhere. Manouvering was much easier by using top down view, or the side cameras/rear cameras, it really is a great safety aid.

Bill

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
I did think so myself, but a rear panel on mine (or yours) is £5K before fitting, so could be a good investment if I carry on backing into things o_O

I was quoted over half the price I am paying for just a twin rear camera from Vanbitz, so four cameras and full recording isn't so surprising, the spec looks awesome, permanent top down view if wanted, auto view of side you are turning to when indicating

I am a soft touch, but reckon this will be one of my better spends and anyway everything else I have bought has cost £5K so this is cheap :LOL::LOL:
I agree, i backed into a tree last xmas on our last trip away and took the corner out on the same day when reversing with the trailer, all this on our last trip out with the motorhome before p/x. The damage was not too bad but it would not of happened with this kit.

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I am sure that we could all help you get the total up to £5k, after all we wouldn't want your average to drop too much. What about Air Con, Efoy (sort out those nasty battery issues), or a properly fitted inverter? Gone on you know your tempted :D

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
Hi @DavidG58 @Robert Clark Anthony here. I too am interested in this system I had a couple of questions which they have answered and thought they may be of interest.

Question: is it possible to stop recording (thinking of Germany)?
Answer:
- the system can be supplied without a DVR
- if supplied with a DVR then it's usually powered via the ignition (could easily be unplugged or an additional power switch added)

Question: Can a camera view be independently selected? ( I have a LHD and at some junctions I would like to activate the right camera to cover the blind spot. RHD in Europe would have the same requirement)
Answer:
- the system is fully automatic (rear camera displayed when reversing & going forwards, and left/right cameras displayed when indicating left/right - the 'look-down' is always also displayed)
The system isn't usually supplied with a manual camera selection Remote Control (wire), however, we can supply one (we have one as part of the Calibration Kit).

Need to check the cost, guessing around £25.

Question: How does the system operate in low light conditions?
Answer:
- the system operates in very low light conditions (0.5Lux), however, if all vehicles lights were off and the vehicle was parked in a pitch black field etc then there would be no view (marker lights, rear lights and front lights, as well as street lights etc, provide more than enough light)

Cheers

Anthony

castor

Free Member
Jan 15, 2014
Reguiny France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria Artic T71.LP
Exp
Waiting for your first hand reviews,look forward to them, as have read all on line ,certainly looks the bees knees. Cheers guys .

for some first hand reviews

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I opted for this system on our new Disco' and it is really quite impressive. The birds eye view isn't as good as I'd hoped as it makes it appear as if you are coliding with a side wall before you are if you get my drift, perhaps I should take some pictures of what I mean.

Anyway I'm sure it would be more use on the MoHo than the car. I was very nearly tempted when I had the E&P Jacks fitted.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
half way review

Trailer Vision make (supply) the systems, their admin / comms leave a lot to be desired, we had issues regarding the style of monitor to be supplied and I thought we had agreed to send both for the fitters to decide best on the fitting day when seen.

TV decided my existing rear view position monitor was so similar to theirs it would probably do the same job o_Oo_O and didn't send a new one :( as it happens I prefer the dash mounted position for viewing, the fitters prefer it for cabling, so all agreed

I am getting the impression that motorhomes are a new market to trailer vision, well suited as they are, but much harder to fit, mainly down to cable routes etc

All the cameras come with a fitted plug making routing them even harder, but the fitters (V Tech Systems Ltd Didcot) all paid as part of the package from TV, I opted for a premium fit which they say covers the extra work in motorhomes

and boy is there some, talking to James at Vanbitz before ordering this package, he said they could not make money fitting them, the work and time involved to access 4 x high level cameras and link them all to monitor and recorder would be too much, I think these fitters will be thinking the same as well. 2 men travelled up from Didcot to here yesterday arrived 12:00, left at 5:00 to go to hotel, back at 09:00 to hopefully finish lunchtime to return back Didcot today, all for £550 fitting. The photos below were taken at 12, they will be lucky to be gone for 5 today o_O

They are excellent fitters though, really know their stuff, cabinet removal, panels off, dash dismantled, nice new tools, nice overalls, good presentation, ask questions where there might be doubt (y)(y)

Just hope they are as good at putting back together :)

Had some odd things so far, the camera sent for the front was not one they expected and the bracket had to be modified, but they did that and repainted before fitting

The hard drive needs to be visible to check operation or at least easily accessible as you need to remove the hard drive to copy files if ever needed, I thought memory card or maybe USB cable connection, but no

The system can not be used while parked up as standard wiring only allows operation while the ignition is on, shame that I had thought (but only presumed) it would be live at all times. To view while parked say at an aire or site and you want to see what might be outside you would need to turn ignition on (not sure how far yet)

The fitters say the cameras are OK but not brilliant in the dark, not something I had really thought of, but we very rarely drive after dark so not really an issue. I had hoped it would be live while parked on drive to review any incidents, hopefully will never have one

Operational update to follow :)(y)

IMG_2735.JPG
IMG_2736.JPG
IMG_2737.JPG
IMG_2738.JPG
IMG_2739.JPG
IMG_2740.JPG
IMG_2741.JPG

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thanks for the objective update David.
Looking forward to hearing what the final job is like.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
While they are there, if you want it to work with the ignition off, just tell them to wire the power supply via a dash switch instead of the ignition. The amount of money that your paying it is the least that they can do for you, if that is what you want.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
While they are there, if you want it to work with the ignition off, just tell them to wire the power supply via a dash switch instead of the ignition. The amount of money that your paying it is the least that they can do for you, if that is what you want.

In fairness Eddie take off the cost of the hard drive recording, it is not a lot more than your twin view rear camera and they have come to me to fit it, much as I like Cornish Farm, I would love it far more if it were 300 miles closer :)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
In fairness Eddie take off the cost of the hard drive recording, it is not a lot more than your twin view rear camera and they have come to me to fit it, much as I like Cornish Farm, I would love it far more if it were 300 miles closer :)
LOL You get misunderstand me, When someone is paying a lot of money for what they want, if you want it to work with the ignition off, it shouldn't be a problem.

Our twin lens camera's start at £199 so your system sounds very reasonable (y)

Did you look at the Brigade Backeye 360? it would be interesting to see how if compares with

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
LOL You get misunderstand me, When someone is paying a lot of money for what they want, if you want it to work with the ignition off, it shouldn't be a problem.

Our twin lens camera's start at £199 so your system sounds very reasonable (y)

Did you look at the Brigade Backeye 360? it would be interesting to see how if compares with

I rarely do research, either follow the crowd or act on impulse

This fitting is due to yet another 'minor' bump at the back end, due to the stupidly mounted rear view camera (by supplier or original owner) low down under rear skirt, only real use is seeing if you have anybody following you and then only if no spray or bright sun :)

this system has good reviews and the price seemed reasonable, particularly when balanced against rear end bodywork repairs, like most things I do in life, I invariably find there were better / cheaper options soon after commitment, but that is I guess down to my lack of research o_O

Its only money, if I don't like it I can always change it, or the MH :LOL: just dumping a nearly new Mercedes as I forgot to add something I meant to, its like a continuum of my school reports 'could do better' :):)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
While they are there, if you want it to work with the ignition off, just tell them to wire the power supply via a dash switch instead of the ignition.

if that is what you want.

Thinking about it, not really sure I would ever use it, other than as a review if we ever got broken into

While away would just open blind and have a look like I would have to do now:)(y)

Better to get another house camera aimed at where MH is parked (y), we have it part covered already, see another example of no research, I will just adjust the camera angle (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back