360 camera being fitted this week (1 Viewer)

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
As is pretty much the norm for me, had a bright idea a while back, to improve my camera

It was preceded by a few silly backing into things mind o_Oo_O

We bought our MH used with rear camera already fitted, a rather bizarre low level mounted camera under rear skirt, useless in bright sun, useless in spray and clearly useless for spotting walls and trees (y)

The only advantage of the low level mount I can see is no ugly rusty mounting, visible to the world on the back of my pride and joy, who makes these out of painted mild steel :(:(

So with pretty much zero investigation I have jumped in and ordered one of these

http://trailervision.co.uk/index.php?main_page=page&id=50

to be fitted by their own approved fitters, I have gone for the option of recording, plus a 'better' fitting to use concealed routes for cables rather than exposed as they might in a van or horse box etc :)(y)

They are coming on Thursday, if good weather and they work late one day, if not it is scheduled for a day and a half to fit

I will review when fitted, then again when used, only then might I let slip what it is costing :)(y)

Anybody else got one already?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just when I thought there were no more bits to add to our van you go and do this:love:

I hope it's rubbish and then we won't need one:LOL:

Only kidding(y) looking forward to your report, when you tell us the price will that be the one you tell Bev or what you actually paid.

Martin

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
OK just read the blurb

We have just sent back my last motability car a Nissan X Trail with the "Eagle Eye" camera system
and it displayed just as this system does and NO it doesn't stop you bumping into things as there ARE Blind spots

You though have an advantage that you can record your mistakes :wasntme:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kingham

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 20, 2016
Kirkcudbright, D&G
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham 2017
Exp
Since 2009
OK just read the blurb

We have just sent back my last motability car a Nissan X Trail with the "Eagle Eye" camera system
and it displayed just as this system does and NO it doesn't stop you bumping into things as there ARE Blind spots

You though have an advantage that you can record your mistakes :wasntme:
And hopefully share them with us, purely for education purposes, not entertainment :LOL:

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
SIL was showing me the one fitted to his new Volvo. Looks impressive with a very clear view of surrounds all around.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
We may all have to wait a while, sent an email yesterday to check all was still OK for tomorrow, they say they haven't had my confirmation email :(:( o_Oo_O

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We may all have to wait a while, sent an email yesterday to check all was still OK for tomorrow, they say they haven't had my confirmation email :(:( o_Oo_O
Oh dear
I hope this doesn't turn into one info 'those' threads

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
not too bad, some glitch blamed on appointments software o_O, but at least I hadn't driven to them (y)

rebooked for Monday / Tuesday next week :)(y)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I will be interested on how the fitters got on. We are having one fitted in a few weeks time. The fitting seems to cost as much as the hardware, but it should be worth it.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I will be interested on how the fitters got on. We are having one fitted in a few weeks time. The fitting seems to cost as much as the hardware, but it should be worth it.

we have been told it is 2 men for 2 days, if needed, we have also opted for what they call 'premium fitting service' which I am assured means I will not see any cables when they are done (y)

but you are right the fitting adds about the same again, as does the hard drive recorder if you opt for that as well, but seems too good not to, it replaces the dash cam, plus showing the 4 sides will give full evidence if ever needed, unless of course it is my fault then I might just forget to mention it :)(y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
we have been told it is 2 men for 2 days, if needed, we have also opted for what they call 'premium fitting service' which I am assured means I will not see any cables when they are done (y)

but you are right the fitting adds about the same again, as does the hard drive recorder if you opt for that as well, but seems too good not to, it replaces the dash cam, plus showing the 4 sides will give full evidence if ever needed, unless of course it is my fault then I might just forget to mention it :)(y)

I thought the DIY kit was £1,500?
For the Omnivue kit excluding recording

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I thought the DIY kit was £1,500?
For the Omnivue kit excluding recording

I know your game, just trying to get me to admit the price :LOL::LOL:

I think that your price would be for cameras and hard drive, supply only, the hard drive comes in various sizes, they also have a Omni van option which I have gone for, which might be a bit cheaper but they say is best suited to my size MH :)(y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I just looked online and I'm struggling to see what the difference is between the OmniVue and OmniVan

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I just looked online and I'm struggling to see what the difference is between the OmniVue and OmniVan

that was very much my own conclusion, the van option appears to be cheaper (y)(y)

both seem to use the same number of cameras and I think the van version has a more discrete camera (y)

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
SIL was showing me the one fitted to his new Volvo. Looks impressive with a very clear view of surrounds all around.

Agree the view is good but what you don't realise there ARE blind spots best to check and find them before you need to do as I did get a corner paintwork repaired

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Agree the view is good but what you don't realise there ARE blind spots best to check and find them before you need to do as I did get a corner paintwork repaired

possibly wrong of you to imply there are blind spots on all systems because yours has o_Oo_O

I have taken the assurance of the supplier of my system that there are not any blind spots

Be assured you will get the truth out of mine once fitted and tested (y)(y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
What I like about it is that you can see all 4 corners on one screen, rather than having to glance at two different mirrors and a reversing camera.
Far less likely to miss something

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
David
I've just spoken to the supplier regarding the difference between Omni Vue and Omni Van

Was advised that in simple terms there only a few differences;

Omni Vue is designed for trucks as such so has no grill mounted camera - Omni Van does
Omni Vue works on 12v or 24V - Omni Van is only 12V
Omni Vue has a 7 inch screen - Omni Van has a 6 inch screen which can be upgraded to 7 inch, or has a mirror mounted screen
Omni Vue runs at 30 frames per second - Omni Van runs at 20 frames per second

Omni Vue £1,250 + Vat (plus fitting)
Omni Van £695 + Vat (plus fitting)

Depending how you get on David, I'm considering the Omni Van, same as you've chosen.
Just not sure about whether to record or not

Edit; With regards to recording, if you record 2 channels, then you can chose the forward facing camera and the blended overhead view, which would be a good option, if you didn't want the expense of recording all 4 channels.

There is a 2 year guarantee on materials and a 12 month guarantee on fitting.
Fitting and materials are invoiced by the supplier, so no wriggle room there.

Looks good to me!

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Most of the new tipper lorries that came on site had these systems fitted, the drivers liked them as there was no argument over whose fault a crash was.
The chap who owned the firm said they will pay for themselves in the first year or so as when he says to people who try to claim from him for an alleged crash he says no worries we have it on camera, a few people seem to have forgotten to come back to him!!

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
What I like about it is that you can see all 4 corners on one screen, rather than having to glance at two different mirrors and a reversing camera.
Far less likely to miss something

Will they not do a factory/dealer fit on your new M/H?
I know one of the manufacturers have this as a factory option...
Would have thought it would work out a bit cheaper and less running around..

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Will they not do a factory/dealer fit on your new M/H?
I know one of the manufacturers have this as a factory option...
Would have thought it would work out a bit cheaper and less running around..

Sadly N&B only offer their own camera system which is not the spec what I want.

Would be good if they did

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back