360 camera being fitted this week (1 Viewer)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Heres a link to the BlackEye 360 system
http://brigade-electronics.com/products/backeye360/
Very impressive video

Have called their local distributor/installer who is calling me back with a price.
Will post details later

You are getting just a bit too interested Robert, you know its going to end up costing you money. We looked at the Brigade system at the commercial vehicle show and it looked good, the cameras are more than 180 deg so can even keep an eye out for branches at roofline.

Martin

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
You are getting just a bit too interested Robert, you know its going to end up costing you money. We looked at the Brigade system at the commercial vehicle show and it looked good, the cameras are more than 180 deg so can even keep an eye out for branches at roofline.

Martin

That's an interesting thought, bet mine won't o_O

but then I could fit my not needed dash on the roof for the ultimate view (y)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
That's an interesting thought, bet mine won't o_O

but then I could fit my not needed dash on the roof for the ultimate view (y)(y)
David, never thought of you as a glass half full man.

Think positive,

"i'm sure mine wont do that"

NO I think it will actually.

Martin

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Price for the Brigade system excluding recording, but including 7in monitor and fitting is £1,750 + VAT

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
hardly surprising I guess they will all be somewhere near the same

upload_2017-7-11_16-35-47.png

at least I don't appear to have paid massively too much :)

might have bought the wrong system, but same price at least (y)(y)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Yes
I just edited my post
That makes it pretty good value really, so do I want 360 camera or a drone:LOL: just been to a family wedding and one of the guests was using a drone for a bit of video and I was pretty taken by it I have to be honest, maybe Jen could pilot the drone while I park(y)

Martin

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
hardly surprising I guess they will all be somewhere near the same

View attachment 173361

at least I don't appear to have paid massively too much :)

might have bought the wrong system, but same price at least (y)(y)
Your price is £400 lower David as the other system didn't include a recorder.

Result!

You can afford to take Bev out for a slap up dinner AND buy her a new pair of shoes

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Your price is £400 lower David as the other system didn't include a recorder.

Result!

You can afford to take Bev out for a slap up dinner AND buy her a new pair of shoes
And a bit of change left over I hope:LOL:

Martin

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
all set up and working (y)(y)

poor fitters didn't get away till 7:30 though, but full credit to them they didn't rush the demo (y)

only moved it back up the drive to where I park it, but a useful start to a new way of reviewing things

There are various options for viewing, sadly they are engineer settings so you have to chose and stick with that, but they guided me on normal set up

standard display, over head and rear when driving

IMG_2742.JPG

but I have just realised this is reversed :(:( and is an engineer setting :(:( so will be wrong until revisited :(:(

Image below is the display when indicating right, over head and right side, shows step out

IMG_2743.JPG

then when indicating left, over head and left side
IMG_2744.JPG

then my chosen option for hazards on, full over head

IMG_2745.JPG

the roof and outline is a computer mock up that is quite close to mine but not actual image

not sure I will be able to see over head risks (branches etc) as discussed earlier, but will take out for a test drive to evaluate for real over next couple of days (y)

I will also try and get Bev to stand alongside to show what can be seen, although I might resort to using something that I can move around as needed, keen to check for blind spots (y)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Glad to see it looks the dog's :)

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I love it David now Ive got to talk Lynne into letting me have one + air ride

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Does anyone know if the DVR has any sort of speed, travel direction or location information on the recording.

Also, is there a way to protect a recording either a button or a impact detection?

zac

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2013
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Rapido A CLass 10000
Exp
since 2013
Did you have the camera's painted at all as i was told this could be done but it would be down to myself to do it which put me off a little as too fiddly for me to do a decent job? I think they were silver and i need them white to match the van on the sides.

Would also be good to know how the camera's deal with anything that is obtruding from the van when looking down i.e on my MH the back of the van has a black plastic panel that sticks out a little and the current camera catches this and then stretches it across the screen so you cant see where the edges are (hope this makes sense). I am pretty sure the waeco didnt do this when it was there.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
I love it David now Ive got to talk Lynne into letting me have one + air ride

Get them and claim they've always been on the van.
I do it regularly and get away with it !
Sometimes done to me though " what new dress ? This old thing, had it ages "

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Does anyone know if the DVR has any sort of speed, travel direction or location information on the recording.

Also, is there a way to protect a recording either a button or a impact detection?

http://trailervision.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=271

Impact detection. Holds 140 hours of recording so a lot of time before it starts to overwrite.

As Camdoon says, plus it has GPS

You do have the remove the hard drive and then connect to computer via USB to download though, seems a bit messy, would have thought a card would be much better these days, so you can keep it and carry on recording as well. I suspect I would only ever download it if I have a bump (y)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Did you have the camera's painted at all as i was told this could be done but it would be down to myself to do it which put me off a little as too fiddly for me to do a decent job? I think they were silver and i need them white to match the van on the sides.

Would also be good to know how the camera's deal with anything that is obtruding from the van when looking down i.e on my MH the back of the van has a black plastic panel that sticks out a little and the current camera catches this and then stretches it across the screen so you cant see where the edges are (hope this makes sense). I am pretty sure the waeco didnt do this when it was there.

cameras are silver, except the front which is black and virtually invisible in the grill on ours, the silver actually blends well with our champagne colour, I actually think silver on white would look OK (y)

I intend to do some tests placing something alongside the MH to see how well I can see it, just looking at grass and block paving isn't easy to get a good reference

I really want to go out for a drive to check it out fully, plus turning it round in my drive I am hopeful will be easier now :)(y)

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Been playing a little today with the new camera, driving will be the real test, but while parked I decided to check out the blind spot potential

Used a 1m length of soil pipe, stood on end in three locations along the length of the MH, approx. 9" gap to MH simulating a very typical gate post maybe, but massively smaller than a typical target while driving (y)

The photos show the location of the pipe, the 'normal' image on monitor while driving, the image while indicating right ie towards the pipe, the image I have opted to have for hazards on

By front wheel

IMG_2750.JPG
IMG_2751.JPG
IMG_2752.JPG
IMG_2753.JPG

IMG_2759.JPG

then in the middle

IMG_2754.JPG

IMG_2755.JPG

IMG_2756.JPG
IMG_2757.JPG
IMG_2758.JPG

then the rear position

IMG_2760.JPG

IMG_2761.JPG
IMG_2762.JPG
IMG_2763.JPG

It will take some getting used to, but the top down only option looks good for tight manoeuvres, only issue being you have to have hazzards on at same time, first driving test next weekend (y)(y)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Thanks for the update David
I emailed them for a firm quote a week ago - still waiting

Hate chasing people to give them money.

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Thanks for the update David
I emailed them for a firm quote a week ago - still waiting

Hate chasing people to give them money.

their admin is by far in a way their worst aspect, maybe get it ordered sharpish if going for a home fit, they spent far longer on ours that they expected / hoped, I know £550 + VAT sounds a lot for fitting, but 2 men 2 days, van, tools, insurance etc etc a hotel overnight, soon goes (y)

the fitters we had did say that Trailer Vision do fit themselves at their base, but don't do mobile

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
I have a 360 camera on my Nissan Juke tbh when got it thought yeah why? however had car 6 months and have used it alot suprised how much. Have decided as and when I purchase a new MH especially as and when we decide to full time / retire etc it will be money well spent and definately worth serious consideration

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
They showed no great interest in fitting mine given that I am 15 miles down the road. Agree that their customer service appears to be more geared towards other businesses than end users.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back