3 way fridge (1 Viewer)

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
When you select 12v with the engine running does the green light on the dial next to the 12v light up as it does next to the 230vsetting when on hook up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
If you have a RM7601L model fridge it is manual setting only and you need to select 12v setting on the selection dial (230v/gas/12v) for it to work , a green light on the dial by the12v setting should light up, if it is working, but only with the engine running.
If it's a manual switch, the 12V power is only available when the engine is running. Turn the switch to 12V. It won't work if the engine is stopped. When the engine starts, a relay inside the EBL switches the 12V fridge supply on.

The reason for this is that the fridge takes a lot of power (over 10A) and would flatten a battery in a few hours if it was accidentally left on. The EBL switches it off when the engine stops. The engine alternator can easily supply the power when the engine is running.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Sue coulson
May 22, 2019
Falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote p650
Exp
3 years
Yes I know how it works. No light when running the engine. Waiting for wardens to check the fuses. Ifnot need an engineer at nxt site

Upvote 0
Nov 13, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
30 years
Well thkfully it was a fuse. Wardens didn't come an help at pensevey horrible site. Thk you all for your replys much appreciated.( I now know how to change fuses!!
I agree with you about the Pevensey site. Absolutely awful

I have marked it as 'Never again'

Geoff.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread