LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Our moho service & damp treatment was booked into Becks in a couple of weeks, this was after being cancelled back in May due to C-19.

Just had a call telling me we had to take the van in 3 days early and leave it ... there was an alternative that we could take it in on the day but they would have to spray the vehicle at an additional charge of £10.

As nothing is particularly urgent I have postponed the work until end of October hoping things may be different by then.

Have any other Funsters had this system from suggested by a dealer and if so what would you do?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I think I'd postpone the work until I could find somewhere else to do it.
What difference is three days going to make if it concerns Covid, they would still need to spray it if its that big a concern.
Shysters.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
What difference is three days going to make if it concerns Covid, they would still need to spray it if its that big a concern.
Shysters.
Three days is maximum life of virus on hard surfaces. So after three days safe for staff to work inside the van. Sound a reasonable precaution. I know they could wear gloves but then they are likely to touch their faces or tools etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Shysters.
I suppose they think if they leave it three days it will be clear, which it probably would.
But then do you have to leave it another three days for it to be clear for you.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I got a quote from a guy to come and shampoo my two cab seats the other day

I offered to remove them so he could do them outside and they could dry in the sun

His response was no need to remove them as I have a spray to use in vans and houses etc

Total cost of shampooing seats £25

Cost of spray ....free

Thats the way to do it not pass the cost on to customer

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
TBH, at a tenner (what's a tenner these days?) I'd be pleased that they are acting responsibly and conscientiously rather than potentially spreading the virus from vehicle to vehicle and person to person.
If it was my business and I was quoting today I'd just add a tenner to the quote without ref to spraying.
I recall when 45 years ago I bought a washing machine when first married for around £150 and felt very indignant that the Curry's salesman charged 2/6d extra for a plug to be fitted to the mains lead. If he'd added it to the washer price in the first place I'd never have known.

OP
OP
icantremember

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
To pay for a anti viral spray to be used in the motorhome to protect their staff Who are a business’s most important asset
As a matter of interest Eddie, you had my motorhome in for some work last week, so did you spray inside?

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
We recently had a hab service. The dealer wanted the van and all cupboards etc completely empty. The only thing left was the mattress

Thiswas to enable them to sanitise it before and after work

we took it as an opportunity to have a good clear out and spring clean

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Fortunately Becks did mine during February but if it was now I would probably go for the leave it three days option.
A good dealer that has served me well and shyster certainly not a representative description.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back