27 Motorhomes Destroyed in Fire at Storage Site (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Yes I deleted my post as dates showed 2019 but it looks like the same place as post last year.(y)

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Just wait for som CMC lover to say its the reason they are parked 6m apart on sites when this is ones on a storage site with no-one staying there to raise the alarm

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
The Edinborough News headline is somewhat misleading.

The photo in the OP link actually shows 1 burnt out X250 cab, in the middle of a row of charred caravan chassis.

Still bad news for all the owners. Hope they were fully insured.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
I realise I'm a fully grown man, but if something like that happened to my pride and joy, I might actually cry :(
Odd innit how differently folk view their m/homes. Mine's just a consumable chattel; merely reliable transport to take me on adventures. I have it serviced, keep it clean, use it for a while then sell it with ne'er a backward glance and get another. I'm the same with my cars; they are there to be used; to serve me, not polished, cherished and protected from nasty drivers scratching them.
But don't ever hurt my 70 yr old iconic Brit motorbike that has taken me tens of 000's of miles around Europe. Oh no.

Deleted User
... this is ones on a storage site with no-one staying there to raise the alarm
Don't assume ... I have known the owners of this site for about 20 years. They had just gone away for a holiday of a lifetime, leaving her parents in their house - which is on site - to keep an eye on things for them. Having literally just arrived in USA they had to turn around and come straight back home to deal with the aftermath of the fire.

You may be interested to hear that her parents, and the owner's dogs, are all safe and uninjured. Insurance can replace lost possessions but can never compensate for the loss of loved ones. The owners are still devastated by what has happened as they know how much some of their customers (some of whom are also friends of theirs) have lost, but it could have been worse.

As for whether anyone thinks that the vehicles/caravans at storage sites are parked too close together, I wish you luck trying to find anywhere that will park them at least 6m apart ...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
When I lived in the Meadows (Nottingham)
the Munitions Factory used to store Gurt big Bombs Next to each other:Eeek:

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
Odd innit how differently folk view their m/homes. Mine's just a consumable chattel; merely reliable transport to take me on adventures. I have it serviced, keep it clean, use it for a while then sell it with ne'er a backward glance and get another. I'm the same with my cars; they are there to be used; to serve me, not polished, cherished and protected from nasty drivers scratching them.
But don't ever hurt my 70 yr old iconic Brit motorbike that has taken me tens of 000's of miles around Europe. Oh no.
I’m in the same ‘camp’ as you, just an insured toy with no emotional attachment, but I get it that we are not all the same
Greatest news is that no one hurt
Shame about the owners holiday

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back