2020 Fiat A Class Passenger Door Not opening from outside (1 Viewer)

tattytony

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Does anyone in the know can tell me what i might be able to do to get it working again, the handle is loose great for potential theives to keep them out but i do need it working.?? TIA

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Does anyone in the know can tell me what i might be able to do to get it working again, the handle is loose great for potential theives to keep them out but i do need it working.?? TIA

Since it is an A Class rather than a C class it would be useful if you stated the Manufacturer, Model and year.

Upvote 1
Jun 12, 2020
Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy G600G
Exp
Since 2015
If the outside door handle is loose and won’t operate the door catch mechanism it sounds like a disconnected linkage between the handle and catch mechanism. Does the inside handle still work properly?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tattytony

tattytony

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
I am a little lost here what can i remove ?

door handle.jpg

Upvote 0

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If there is not a cover around the lock on the inside you will have to take the internal door panel off. It will probably be a bent or broken linkage it's common on Hartal doors.

Upvote 0
Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
You might try taking the inside handle off carefully and see if the link bar that goes from the outside handle to the catch has come off it did on my Burstner. If it’s like our thee trim is a bugger to get off. Do it with the door open and be carefull not to lose the inner door link or you wont be able to open the door again, we ar lucky we have a garage at the bottom of our garden the van lives in so I took the bar it locks onto off the what would be the B post whilst I did mine,

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tattytony

tattytony

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2010
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs
Exp
Door panel has one screw at the bottom and when removed the panel stays in place firmly so i think i will leave it to the dealers unless someone has a Globetrotter XLI and know exactly how to get the panel off.

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

Upvote 0
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Door panel has one screw at the bottom and when removed the panel stays in place firmly so i think i will leave it to the dealers unless someone has a Globetrotter XLI and know exactly how to get the panel off.

Thanks for everyone's help so far.
You might find that the moulding fits into a channel on the body of the door, the way to get them out is to carefully push against the sides untill one of them springs loose, then work the others out. Once out it will probably be pretty obvious what's wrong.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2020
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globetrott
Exp
We own a Globetrotter and the same happened to us a couple of years ago the day before we had a scheduled dealer visit, so they fixed it for us.

May I suggest you try either the:

Dethelffs Owners Club https://www.dethleffsowners.co.uk/ which costs £15 to join
or
Dethleffs Owners Club UK Group on facebook?

Hopefully, someone on there should be able to assist you.

Upvote 0
Jun 12, 2020
Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Galaxy G600G
Exp
Since 2015
Door panel has one screw at the bottom and when removed the panel stays in place firmly
The passenger door internal panel on our Pilote Galaxy is held in place with only two screws. A rubber sealing strip going completely around the join between the inner door panel and the door itself then holds it in place when the screws are removed. Possibly there something similar on your?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back