2006 Ducato wiper assembly removal help needed (1 Viewer)

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I’ve got a really annoying intermittent fault that I’ve read up on and it seems the linkage is worn.
I’ve tried getting the whole wiper linkage and motor out but failed. It would be much easier if I could take the long black panel out that’s under the windscreen but it’s “stuck” down with some very tough mastic type goo. Is there any other way of getting the motor and linkage out?

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
sounds like someone has sealed the scuttle to stop water getting onto the engine /gearbox if you need to remobve it youll have to cut the mastic

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Badknee

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
sounds like someone has sealed the scuttle to stop water getting onto the engine /gearbox if you need to remobve it youll have to cut the mastic
Yes I perhaps thought I might but it looks like a manufacturers install (n)

Nov 19, 2017
Funster No
MH
Hobby Siesta
Exp
Since 1989
Hi, the adhesive would have to be cut through to remove scuttle to fit a replacement screen. On my 2014 chausson I had to stick it down myself to stop water getting onto engine. Maybe gour local windscreen guys would advise but I would carefully go ahead

OP
OP
Badknee

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Hi, the adhesive would have to be cut through to remove scuttle to fit a replacement screen. On my 2014 chausson I had to stick it down myself to stop water getting onto engine. Maybe gour local windscreen guys would advise but I would carefully go ahead
It’s not the screen I want to get out @mackeellan its the wiper motor complete with linkage. Under the two piece plastic cowl is a metal cover that is “glued” in for want of a better word and I was asking if anyone knew of an easier way of getting the wiper assembly out without cutting away all the sealant?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 21, 2018
Funster No
I recently had to do this and my reply might be a bit too late for Paul but it could be useful for other members who have a similar problem.
Unfortunately the only way to get to and remove the windscreen wiper linkage is to remove the plastic cowel covering the upper engine bay. Removing it exposes the three bolts holding the motor and linkage in place, thus allowing you to remove them.
My 2016 Fiat Ducato did not have any sealant between the cowel and the windscreen, which suggests that it is not factory fitted. However, if your particular model does have sealant in place it should be relatively easy to remove by using a razor blade to break the seal and then remove completely.
One tip for anybody removing the wiper mechanism - take a photograph of it before you remove it.
I didn't and then removed it and repared the mechanism by unlinking and refitting the ball joint the wrong way round!
It then took me over an hour to work out why I couln't refit the repaired mechanism. Doh!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back