2 Go To Beni ... (1 Viewer)

Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
Geraldine, it has been four years since we visited Benidorm. You are making the withdrawal symptoms so much worse. Your photographs along with the descriptive text are producing urges I am unused to. I have even contemplated abandoning the the dogs and getting the first flight to Alicante and the bus to Beni. Of course I wouldn't, even though there's room on Pauline and Mike's pitch for me tent.
Instead I shall plan for next winter, and being on the photos. the

Lovely thread, have the best of times.

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
It’s been a windy day here in Beni, but that didn’t stop the two intrepid explorers from cycling out to the other end of Beni, parking up and then walking up to Le Crue (The Cross).

It was a long road, and quite steep at times, with three luxury houses almost at the top, but nowt else!

This was the starting point:
View attachment 278860

This was halfway up:
View attachment 278867
View attachment 278861
If you zoom in you can see The Cross just above his head - miles up!

And this was at the top!
View attachment 278868

We could see our van from the Cross!
View attachment 278874

The views from up the hill are very good ...
View attachment 278862
View attachment 278863
View attachment 278866

We wandered back down, cycled to the other end of The Prom, and found our favourite Tortilleria (the one we found on Sunday) and had wine, beer and tapas for €2.90. Delicious...
View attachment 278864

I was a Euro out yesterday - I’d be no good at guess the price - it was a €2.90 and not €3.90 as first stated - infact €2.90 seems to be the standard tariff for tapas and a drink - just incredible. Why anyone would go to a UK bar when you can get authentic tapas and a drink for pennies is beyond me!

I was inspired by the time we cycled back - and having 6 eggs needing to be used up, together with bacon and chorizo - TAAAA DAAAAH ....

View attachment 278876

I usually make the classic potato, onion and garlic, but having been exposed to mushroom, or chicken, or tuna, or chorizo, tortilla in the tapas bar, I used up all the stuff in the fridge!

We wandered over to La Torretta, and met up with @TheHat Jan and Bill, @Jimbohorlicks Jim and Lyn @Ukbandit Lyn and Graham, @JockandRita and @Jaws John and Maureen.

A very pleasant hour was spent chatting and discussing the workings of an AES fridge - I have no idea what was being talked about so will only say that before they’de finished their conversation, the bread was cooked in the oven and we walked home with a baguette under the arm and a rosado glow in the cheeks!

Got back to Villasol to be told by @quickweh Pauline that having agreed to go to Keep Fit, I’d forgotten, but I have, yet again, agreed to go to Aquafit at 9.30 tomorrow ...

Another brill day in Beni - one week down, five to go!

Edit: the thumbnail photo is a photo of Cliff with the van, and the Cross in the background!
Brilliant Gerry! You’ll have to identify/name that tapas bar, sounds great. We had a couple in Old Town last night but not for €2.90 inc drink.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Brilliant Gerry! You’ll have to identify/name that tapas bar, sounds great. We had a couple in Old Town last night but not for €2.90 inc drink.
Your wish is my command John...

It’s the alley opposite this place:
176DDE6F-3D55-4D31-9F46-548B4C749344.jpeg

It’s in this Calle:
4A9183EE-E6CB-4AF6-810C-717C15E3AACE.jpeg

And it’s the Tortlleria (although the one next door is nearly as good ....)
5DD91ADA-2B3C-4278-A99C-DAB0F50BB1A8.jpeg

(y)

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Enjoying your thread. I was in Villasol over New Year but I'm a bit further down the coast now. I do love the old town, every alley looks to have something interesting down it. Both beaches are great for bikes to.

Feel free to mock but is Tapas just like a Spanish buffet, loads of little different things on a plate or is it a set menu kind of thing? I'm unbelievably bad at finding the cheap places to lunch.

I'm thinking of going out for a short fishing trip when I'm next up that way. I'll put a thread up on here to see if anyone is interested.

Aug 20, 2007
Leyland
Funster No
MH
Frankia I7300 BD
Exp
since 1997 (many years tugger before then)
Try the (Pink) Cadillac tapas bar in the old town...5 tapas + bottle of very acceptable sparking wine, cost...5 euros!
When we're in Beni it's usually twice a week visiting that bar.
Sounds like you're both having a great time.
Allen

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
You’re putting a smile on my face reading this @cliffandger !
We will be there for a week or so around 25 Feb to collect our caravan before heading over to Portugal, hope to see you if you’re still there, and I promise my awning will stay in one piece this time !

Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
Jackson is more than welcome here, you can drop him off on your way through!
Griff
I've posted him , first class, along with my dog Moose. Please take good care of them. See you in a month. Do hope you cleared it with Jacki.
So kind of you to volunteer your services.

ps: do you have any sun tan lotion, sun glasses and a couple of lilos we could use.

Thanks,

Anne

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Enjoying your thread. I was in Villasol over New Year but I'm a bit further down the coast now. I do love the old town, every alley looks to have something interesting down it. Both beaches are great for bikes to.

Feel free to mock but is Tapas just like a Spanish buffet, loads of little different things on a plate or is it a set menu kind of thing? I'm unbelievably bad at finding the cheap places to lunch.

I'm thinking of going out for a short fishing trip when I'm next up that way. I'll put a thread up on here to see if anyone is interested.

The literal meaning of tapa is ‘cover’.
As far as I remember from Spanish history classes, the Pony Express, which was the pre-runner of the Correos (post office) had a problem with their staff being offered a glass of wine at every address they delivered to, ending up with drunken postmen and lots of letters undelivered.

Their answer to this was to put a small dish of food on top of each glass of wine. This meant the postman had to eat something (albeit small) before they drank, therefore keeping them sober(ish) and able to complete their round.

I know that another reason for tapas is to put a cover over your glass to stop dead flies falling into your wine - I prefer the postman version!

We cycled into town, and then walked the other way today - past Poniente Beach and right up to the other end - very quiet, very Scandinavian, and very expensive! A lovely quiet walk, but for me it seemed quite run down, with lots of bars and restaurants closed. We stopped on the way back for a coffee - what a disappointment - €3.40 for bitter coffee and no biscuit! :(

We paid and walked on, back to the Old Town, only to find our favourite Tortilleria closed - again! That tapas bar owner definitely embraces the concept of part time working very well!

No matter - we found another one two doors down and had wine and tapas for - you guessed it - €2.90!

We walked past the sandwich shop - Greggs has a long way to go yet ...
983514CC-C3E6-42A5-8F81-59DE4C321DD4.jpeg

Equilibrium restored we cycled back and wandered down to the bar to see @quickweh Pauline, @Jimbohorlicks Lyn, @johnandi Diane and @Canttemembertheirforumname Elaine taking part in the Zumba Class!

I would have joined in but I wasn’t wearing my daps, so I reluctantly carried on into the bar and had a wine and lemonade instead!

Later on we went to the Corner Bar for the quiz. @Daz n Tina Tina fielded a smaller team this week, and we didn’t win, but we still got a bottle of wine for guessing all the comedians in the picture round - don’t applaud too loud Funster Amigos - we were one of 5 teams that got them all correct!

Another lovely day spent in Beni - that was yesterday - the sun is shining down on us from a clear blue sky today - there’s an acoustic session at La Torreta this afternoon with @SUGGY Graham, so my little instrument will have another outing - so alls good in Beni!

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
So kind of you to volunteer your services.

ps: do you have any sun tan lotion, sun glasses and a couple of lilos we could use.
No need to thank me Anne, I have added it to your Life-Bill.

Don't have lotion but do have anorak, result is the same, also no lilo but small inflatable K type inflatable dinghy, should I add this to the bill too?

Sep 30, 2008
Funster No
No need to thank me Anne, I have added it to your Life-Bill.

Don't have lotion but do have anorak, result is the same, also no lilo but small inflatable K type inflatable dinghy, should I add this to the bill too?
Dear Mr Popeye,

Anorak! Are you suggesting that Benidorms population of snowbirds should not be exposed to my extra large mass of lily white skin. As for a dinghy, I am trying to exit the country, not paddle my way to Dover.
I am beginning to think that Jackson and Moose should not be exposed to your very strange form of logic. Please return the doggies as soon as they arrive.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The literal meaning of tapa is ‘cover’.
As far as I remember from Spanish history classes, the Pony Express, which was the pre-runner of the Correos (post office) had a problem with their staff being offered a glass of wine at every address they delivered to, ending up with drunken postmen and lots of letters undelivered.

Their answer to this was to put a small dish of food on top of each glass of wine. This meant the postman had to eat something (albeit small) before they drank, therefore keeping them sober(ish) and able to complete their round.

I know that another reason for tapas is to put a cover over your glass to stop dead flies falling into your wine - I prefer the postman version!

We cycled into town, and then walked the other way today - past Poniente Beach and right up to the other end - very quiet, very Scandinavian, and very expensive! A lovely quiet walk, but for me it seemed quite run down, with lots of bars and restaurants closed. We stopped on the way back for a coffee - what a disappointment - €3.40 for bitter coffee and no biscuit! :(

We paid and walked on, back to the Old Town, only to find our favourite Tortilleria closed - again! That tapas bar owner definitely embraces the concept of part time working very well!

No matter - we found another one two doors down and had wine and tapas for - you guessed it - €2.90!

We walked past the sandwich shop - Greggs has a long way to go yet ...
View attachment 279105

Equilibrium restored we cycled back and wandered down to the bar to see @quickweh Pauline, @Jimbohorlicks Lyn, @johnandi Diane and @Canttemembertheirforumname Elaine taking part in the Zumba Class!

I would have joined in but I wasn’t wearing my daps, so I reluctantly carried on into the bar and had a wine and lemonade instead!

Later on we went to the Corner Bar for the quiz. @Daz n Tina Tina fielded a smaller team this week, and we didn’t win, but we still got a bottle of wine for guessing all the comedians in the picture round - don’t applaud too loud Funster Amigos - we were one of 5 teams that got them all correct!

Another lovely day spent in Beni - that was yesterday - the sun is shining down on us from a clear blue sky today - there’s an acoustic session at La Torreta this afternoon with @SUGGY Graham, so my little instrument will have another outing - so alls good in Beni!
Those look substantial! But no one knows the origin of how tapas came into being. There are several competing stories, some involving kings others more humble but there is no generally accepted single explanation. It probably depends who you are talking to or who is teaching you Spanish. :)

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
great thread. I keep showing it to my wife who originally was NOT interested, but she's warming to the idea a bit more after what she has read, so much that I think she's coming round to the idea next January/February !!

keep the good bits coming and don't post the bad bits .....

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Are you suggesting that Benidorms population of snowbirds should not be exposed to my extra large mass of lily white skin.
I know they're called snow birds but that shade of white-skin could be harmful to their eyes, like snow blindness.

Hows my mate Malc by the way?

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
You’re putting a smile on my face reading this @cliffandger !
We will be there for a week or so around 25 Feb to collect our caravan before heading over to Portugal, hope to see you if you’re still there, and I promise my awning will stay in one piece this time !
Looking forward to seeing you both again. We’ve not had our awning out since we bought the van, so don’t know if ours works or not! ;)

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well Amigos we’ve had a laid back, easy day today. No scaling mountains, or walking to the far end of Beni - we cycled into town, raided the ATM, cycled back to Mas-y-Mas for supplies and then home for a sunbathe under clear blue skies.

The day has indeed been glorious. Warm enough for me to sit out in shorts and T shirt, and for Cliff to, yet again, get to know the new van (unlike me he gets bored easily) he’s found yet more wiring under the van - thinks it’s to do with the reversing kit, but he’s decided to leave it alone just in case it’s part of the Tracker! Everything is working fine, but as he hasn’t fitted it all himself, he ain’t happy till he knows what’s what and how it works - whereas me - as long as it works - LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!

After (me) chilling, and (him) fiddlin, we wandered over to La Torretta for an acoustic session in the sun.

A lovely couple of hours spent with Funster Friends, with @SUGGY kicking proceedings off and @Ukbandit Graham doing a stint (which was brilliant) and me, having a go - thanks to @roncab Jeanette for stepping up for a song - I think the crowd were well entertained.

Even though it was Graham’s first public appearance he stood up again and sang his own song - The Benidorm Blues - which was brilliant, and then a Dutch chap borrowed @SUGGY ’s guitar and proceeded to sing two songs, the second of which was Hank Williams Lovesick Blues, to which he yodelled very professionally - I think he’d done it before!

We left them wanting more, and the rest of the afternoon was spent putting the education system to rights with @Jaws Maureen.

We wandered back to drop my little instruments off at the van, and then walked into town to The Blue Whale for Black Angus Steakburgers and chips. Expensive for Beni standards at €30 (I think the Rioja cost as much as the two meals put together ....) but it was gorgeous.

We also got some photo shots from our table ...
4FEFA36A-A096-4627-9651-9A7070961B84.jpeg

2613642A-0A6A-47F4-A657-0C6B311782BE.jpeg
C20777BE-C46E-45D2-8962-D51931290ED2.jpeg

Although they can’t run to Vegan, they’ve assured us that when we take Our Rob and Catie there for a meal (we will be there for ‘All You Can Eat Spare Rib Thursday’ they will do Catie ‘A Beautiful Salad, with lots of Olives)! Hope she likes Olives..... they’re here on the 4th Feb, so we’re starting to compile a list of restaurants that she can eat in - something tells me she’ll be eating a lot of lettuce .....

And so another day ends here in the Land of the Laid Back Lifestyle - I’m getting myself psyched up for a frenetic visit to the market on Sunday - I need a new fake Kipling Bag!

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Another beautifully sunny day today in Beni. We decided to cycle to Altea, after hearing adverts on Cool FM all day, every day extolling the virtues of The Old Town.

Well, you should all know us by now, but just in case you don’t - yes, you guessed it - we didn’t find it! Even though we walked up some very narrow, steep streets, as @quickweh Mike told us upon our return, the Old Town is much higher up!

After giving up and walking back along the front Cliff spotted ‘Coffee and Bavarian Apple Cake for €3.50’. I wasn’t keen, but he was adamant that we should partake, and so we did, and very nice it was too.

Back on the bikes and the wind that had been in our faces on the way in was in our faces on the way home! Add to that the light headed rush from our sugar filled snack, and you can believe it wasn’t a good experience! I was not ‘appy!

We will return to find The Old Town of Altea (completely falling for subliminal advertising) preferably on a less windy day!

I did spend some money in Altea though. There was a music shop there that was holding a Liquidacion Sale. Everything was massively discounted, and I was tempted by a Les Paul handmade guitar, but I resisted and picked up these three little beauties instead ....

E69CAF76-9885-4C0F-85D9-3875E55D2487.jpeg

I know - I hear you all - ‘what a cheapskate!’ Well, not really - I don’t use picks - so I bought something I’ll never use, just because I felt sorry for the shop owner!

Back to the van in time to meet up with the Funsters at Villasol Terrace. Some of us sat in the sunshine chilling, others worked up a ‘glow’ at the Zumba Class, but rest assured we will all be sitting outside @quickweh ’s van tomorrow at 1.00pm, drinking our quiz winnings and lapping up the sunshine (I will have earned mine, having fought my way through the Sunday Market searching for a fake Kiplings Backpack and another amazing pair of joggers for €3.50) ....

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Another beautifully sunny day today in Beni. We decided to cycle to Altea, after hearing adverts on Cool FM all day, every day extolling the virtues of The Old Town.

Well, you should all know us by now, but just in case you don’t - yes, you guessed it - we didn’t find it! Even though we walked up some very narrow, steep streets, as @quickweh Mike told us upon our return, the Old Town is much higher up!

After giving up and walking back along the front Cliff spotted ‘Coffee and Bavarian Apple Cake for €3.50’. I wasn’t keen, but he was adamant that we should partake, and so we did, and very nice it was too.

Back on the bikes and the wind that had been in our faces on the way in was in our faces on the way home! Add to that the light headed rush from our sugar filled snack, and you can believe it wasn’t a good experience! I was not ‘appy!

We will return to find The Old Town of Altea (completely falling for subliminal advertising) preferably on a less windy day!

I did spend some money in Altea though. There was a music shop there that was holding a Liquidacion Sale. Everything was massively discounted, and I was tempted by a Les Paul handmade guitar, but I resisted and picked up these three little beauties instead ....

View attachment 279514

I know - I hear you all - ‘what a cheapskate!’ Well, not really - I don’t use picks - so I bought something I’ll never use, just because I felt sorry for the shop owner!

Back to the van in time to meet up with the Funsters at Villasol Terrace. Some of us sat in the sunshine chilling, others worked up a ‘glow’ at the Zumba Class, but rest assured we will all be sitting outside @quickweh ’s van tomorrow at 1.00pm, drinking our quiz winnings and lapping up the sunshine (I will have earned mine, having fought my way through the Sunday Market searching for a fake Kiplings Backpack and another amazing pair of joggers for €3.50) ....
Get yer man to drill a small hole in one end and make a necklace/dangly thing, don't sunbathe with it on though:LOL:

Loving the thread.

Martin

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well I have to say Funster Friends - another lovely day in Beni!!

The sun shone while MOTD2 was on, and when it finished we wandered down to the market and picked up this little beauty ....

092D854D-863B-4C6B-81AF-7559B1C276FB.jpeg

I wanted it last week (at €15) but Cliff said ‘no - me vida es completa’ .... he changed his mind today though - it had been knocked down to €10 - and he decided that he had a tiny bit of room left in his life for una pequeña bolsa!

I also bought another pair of joggers for €3, (no photo necessary ...)

Cliff said he fancied a bag of churros - what is it with this bloke, he won’t touch sugar at home, but hunts it out over here! I practised my Espanol and actually got what I asked for - una racion de churros grandes - and we munched on them on the way home - lovely.

At 1.00 o clock, we wandered down to El Pitcho De @quickweh Pauline and Mike for a joint Quiz Winners/Sod Off Party for @Daz n Tina, who leave us next Thursday.

Funsters doing what Funsters do best -

Sitting and chilling in the sun ....
C487B39B-8569-4712-8F3F-656149DB435C.jpeg

20264D80-FC3B-4019-B9E7-296427C11E69.jpeg

129EA548-129B-4729-909E-26F2C0206A6B.jpeg

483FF89C-E26F-4C26-8715-372C27ED1FC1.jpeg

92346911-FA23-4EF9-AA1A-D99313DC14FD.jpeg

What a lovely afternoon - when we’de cleared the food table, we moved over to the bar for an hour, before heading to the Corner Bar for liver and onions.

It’s been a very busy day for one little soldier ....

1AF6673C-D341-4901-9362-DACA2EA5DB3D.jpeg

And we get to do it all again tomorrow!!!

(y):D

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have to say Funsters - I have felt massively let down today!

Not by the sun - which was hot (and I have to say, glorious) ....

Not by the sky - which was an azul blue (and I have to say, glorious)

Not by the tapas - which was fried fish (and I have to say, glorious)

But by sin zapatos!!! If you zoom in on yesterday’s photos you’ll see that all the girls are wearing really cool sandals - in which, I’ve been assured, they’ve walked up to The Cross; worn for years (and sometimes repaired, to be once again like new @Sheddy Shirley) are in every size and every colour, and (according to @Jimbohorlicks Lyn, @TheHat Jan, @Sheddy Shirley) are available EVERYWHERE!!!

Well, I BEG TO DIFFER! After risking life and limb to cycle to Goldcar to book a car for the time the kids are here next week, we padlocked the bikes up and went in search of the Holy Grail of Sandals - and much like The Holy Grail - we found Nothing! - Nada ! - Zero Zapatos! I have seen sparkly 6” stilletos, reeeaaaly tacky trainers... and loads of faux leather loafers, but no Funster Funky Flats! :cry:

The only way you girls can make it up to one sad sandaless sister is to organise a shopping trip, where I can find what I need - (and if we can find some faux Sketcher trainers, a few cool Camisetas and - and this has to be a secret from The Grumpy Old Git Indoors - a stylish pashmina or three) - I’ll be ‘appy!

Just to make my ‘let down day’ complete - I always search out La Plaza Mejor of any Spanish Town - the main square - where everyone meets - in Beni it’s been completely engulfed by the Plaza Mejor Shopping Centre ....
2EF542C8-998E-424B-823A-7C27C511A060.jpeg

4144ABB3-A6B7-4405-BAAF-2CE7FDA728E9.jpeg

Still pretty, but not as ‘open’ as many I’ve seen.

Anyway - we cycled back after our fruitless trip, showered and wandered over to La Torreta for a sunny afternoon chat with lovely mates - and equilibrium was once again restored - shoes don’t seem so important when you’re reminiscing with @Jaws John and Maureen about your four legged friends ... make the most of every day with Dylan - we still miss our girl after 5 years :(

Back home in the van now - I have to say - an ‘experimental tea’ / sausage and hamburger with Sag Aloo Curry Sauce - wish us luck !

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well Funster Friends, it’s been a chilly, windy day today. We tried to cycle to the ‘Lighthouse’ on the way to The Cross, but couldn’t find the right road! It entailed a lot of uphill pedalling, so at the second full stop I took photos and we gave up ....
381CCA18-1449-4F58-8A66-82B07BFA38EF.jpeg

We could have cycled straight back to the van, but we decided to take the scenic route, into town, stopping off at our favourite tapas bar ‘on the way...’

I got a friendly ‘Buenos Dias Senora’ and Cliff got a pat on the back! I think we have been accepted as locals!

We had fish tapas, but I then spotted black pudding, chorizo and jalapeño pepper - I know what I’m having tomorrow ....

I did throw them a little when I asked for ‘Solo Casera por Favor’. The look of shock on their face prompted me to carry on ‘hoy estoy sin alcohol’. They laughed (probably more at my halting pronounciation than any sense of humour). At least I got a glass of lemonade - yesterday I asked for a coffee, and was met with a look of absolute disbelief ‘no cafe aqui!!’

We cycled home and popped into Villasol Bar, but we were very short on Funsters - so we had a quick chat, a coffee and back to the van.

The wind is still quite strong, but at least we don’t have any snow .....

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Ger, Martin says you’ve got sandals, your life is complete..:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well, it’s been a gorgeous sunny day here today in Beni. We got up early (9.00 instead of 9.30) showered and were down the market by 10.00!

I returned the jogging bottoms I had bought on Sunday, all ready to argue in Spanish that the ‘medium’ pair I had bought were actually ‘muy pequeno’. He asked me if I wanted L, XL, or XXL! I wish I’d known how to say ‘just a size that physically matches the label please senor’!

Suffice to say I have a pair that fits now, so I’m happy.

I also found the sandals! Unfortunately - after all the searching - my bunions said no! :(

No matter, after meeting the other Funsters at La Torretta, the girls said they are off on a shopping trip tomorrow to the Old Town, and I’ve been assured if I join them, I’ll find a pair that fit over my bulging bunions - so I’m prepared to follow them on a sandal search, with maybe a pattering of pashminas, and a few fizzy cavas and tapas to keep our strength up!

We had a lovely couple of hours on the sun terrace and when it got chilly we adjourned indoors for chicken and chips!

We are now sitting in the van and I’m feeling slightly sick ....

85AE4C68-48B6-472E-A127-5EFE25D66385.jpeg

I have a feeling the M/L jogging bottoms may not fit tomorrow .....

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
.......and? Still waiting for the report:Eeek:

Dave - it was delish! I get the curry sauces from Home Bargains - Phil @Taran_Las told us about them, they’re about 69p each and I have loads of them in the van. They’re in foil packs so can be squished into cupboards.

Will be doing a chicken madras tomorrow - lovely.

Look forward to seeing you both soon xx

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Ger, Martin says you’ve got sandals, your life is complete..:ROFLMAO:

Going shopping tomorrow Martin - I’ll keep a list of the best shops, so you’ll know which ones to take Dawn to when you come here....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back