LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well Funster Amigos - Oh What A Night! To say we cleaned up would be an understatement!

We worked as a team - @Sheddy Shirley aced the picture round (although I had to stand my ground with Johnny Depp when everyone else said Freddie Mercury - thank goodness I was right ...) but how Shirley recognised the beautiful Audrey Hepburn from a doctored photo that looked like ‘The Joker’ I’ll never know!

@Daz n Tina Tina took responsibility of writing the answers on the sheet, and did a fantastic job - at times it was like herding cats - but such was her skill (together with @TheHat Bill’s random knowledge of American sports) that in the end we were the runaway winners ...

F42D5A63-C38C-4C78-BCE8-F65A02ECEB66.jpeg

BC5EE1F5-9D75-44DE-976C-C65CD70A0890.jpeg

We swapped the small fish supper for a Rose wine and a bottle of fizz, So our total bag was four bottles of vino!

I was surprised that no-one picked up on the fact we were a team of 10 (these Beni Snowbirds are an easy going bunch) but the Bon homie abounded, even when the bottles clinked in our bags on our long walk out of the bar!

I have no idea where I remembered the word ‘red’ to which Tina added ‘necks’ and we got the answer to the question ‘which band did ‘Cotton Eyed Joe’ !

Add to that ‘Braveheart’ as our answer to the question, the gist of which was ‘all men die, but some live a life etc etc etc’ and you can see we were flying!

We only disagreed on two questions, but our lead was such that no one could have caught us anyway - Tina is as we speak picking her team for next week, I wouldn’t like to say whose on the subs bench ...... ;)

I’m lovin this Benidorm Lark (y)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
@cliffandger hi they have a Number, newish not sure what model, I've sent them a message saying I've been in touch, they are on the Ferry from Bilbao as we speak, they are booked on Villasol, if you could message me your pitch number I can let them know. x

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Buenos Tardes Funster Amigos. Well, we’ve had a lovely couple of days here in Beni. Yesterday’s music session was good while it lasted, but even though the sun was shining it got quite cold, and even community singing couldn’t keep us warm, so we packed up guitar and Uke and went indoors to warm up.

Today the walking group went to The Albir Lighthouse. We caught the bus to Albir and then walked up to the lighthouse in warm springlike sunshine.

The views on the way up and at the top we’re beautiful.
457A0766-D10F-4541-931B-F027FDB97620.jpeg

82A69C02-AFC8-48A0-B91F-CF15B7AEBB95.jpeg

Some had the light sussed better than others ... ;)

FA638776-9B11-423D-8083-D8075721385D.jpeg

C726632B-66AE-4E90-94C4-FD16B462C4EA.jpeg

We wandered back down and had a well earned coffee in Albir before catching the bus back to Beni.

Pauline @quickweh, Rita @JockandRita Rita and I managed to get the bus driver all wound up by accidentally leaning against the bell - his shouts of ‘Lady, Lady, LADY!!!!!’ went unheeded until he leant out of his seat and started waving his arms and shrieking at us in Spanish - We still didn’t realise what was happening until another passenger pointed out our misdemeanour.

We wondered why the driver was so irate - it was a genuine mistake after all - until within 5 minutes, another hapless English Lady did the exact same thing when she got on the bus! It must be happening all day, every day ....

We managed to get back to Beni with no further bell ringing and stopped off for lunch at La Torreta, before wandering back to the van for a night in front of the telly.

Off to the market tomorrow - I didn’t think this Beni Lark would be so knackering!

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I pushed all the way to the lighthouse as well from cap-blanch in Albir and back...:eek:

It took most of the day and a push now and again from Sue :hot:

It’s a lovely walk to it but as you say knackering...o_O

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Sounds as if you are both having a ball Ger and not missing us at all!

Isn’t it great to be in sunshine? Love to all from Mousys in Mexico xxx

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Sounds as if you are both having a ball Ger and not missing us at all!

Isn’t it great to be in sunshine? Love to all from Mousys in Mexico xxx
Hi Dawn - lovely to see you on the forum! I don’t have my data roaming on for WhatsApp (not sure how much it uses) so have only just caught up on the latest of your travels - those beach photos look gorgeous. Continue having a lovely time and see you in March!

You’de have loved our bus trip mishaps! The Latin blood was certainly up!

However, the Spanish bus drivers are a multitalented lot - he was able to shout, look around at us, and wave his arms like a maniac whilst hurtling the bus around roundabouts without dropping speed one bit - trouble was it was throwing poor @quickweh Pauline against the wall, the same wall that housed the bleedin button ......

The sun in January is indeed a lovely thing. We are heading to the market after MOTD is over - once again thanks to the Legend That Is @Sheddy Eddy for saving my bacon ... :notworthy2::notworthy2: !

I love that Beni is open, thriving and a very ‘happy’ place.

We also have the benefit of lovely Funsters who have already done all the hard work for us and have found the best walks, tea rooms, bars, restaurants - apparently next Thursday it’s Rib Night somewhere - so we are just falling in and having a blast.

Right, I’m off to get my washing from the machine, then we’re off to the market and into Old Town, and then to wait and see what people do on a Sunday in this brilliant place! (y)

I pushed all the way to the lighthouse as well from cap-blanch in Albir and back...:eek:

It took most of the day and a push now and again from Sue :hot:

It’s a lovely walk to it but as you say knackering...o_O
Garry - having walked it, all I can say is :notworthy2: !

We’re walking to The Cross at some stage - may need a bit of Divine Assistance by the time we get to it - it looks a tad high up from the road in Beni ....

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
What a lovely day we’ve had - 16000 steps done, a wander through a packed market (@Mr Mousy would have been proud of me - I bought green beans and slouchy joggers, when I COULD have bought soooooo much more ...) and then walking to the Old Town and finding a Spanish Tapas bar, for Elevenses - gorgeous chorizo sausage on bread, and a slice of mushroom tortilla.

The place was packed with people meeting up for a glass of wine, a dish of tapas, and a good old chat. I loved to just sit there and soak up the atmosphere - they seem to do things so much better than us.

The Old Town was very busy, as were all the bars and restaurants. We passed by a restaurant that seemed to be serving nothing but paella, with people queuing down the road to get in. It looked to me just like the Adega Del Marina in Lagos, the place where all the locals eat. Might be the one to go to next Sunday - if only we can find it again!

We walked back to the van and made lunch before wandering over to La Torreta where we found @roncab Jeanette and Ron and @SUGGY Rosie and Graham, who were just about to drink up and leave ..... no such luck for them - we spent a very pleasant couple of hours chatting - and if we can’t find the restaurant we walked past today, Jeanette told us about The Pepper Mill, where they had just enjoyed a lovely Sunday lunch!

I think having other people’s knowledge is key to this place - otherwise it can seem overwhelming.

Which brings me on to a Beni Funster Challenge - Our Rob and his Fiancée Catie are visiting us in February.

It will be lovely to see them and show them around - but there is one issue - Catie is Vegan!! :eek: Now Funsters - we’ve pounded the streets of Beni since last Thursday - and I haven’t come across a veggie restaurant, let alone a vegan! All suggestions grateful received ....

Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
@cliffandger hi they have a Number, newish not sure what model, I've sent them a message saying I've been in touch, they are on the Ferry from Bilbao as we speak, they are booked on Villasol, if you could message me your pitch number I can let them know. x

Hi Carol, we met up with Cliff and Gerry yesterday but not the others as yet.
We went for a walk yesterday afternoon down to the prom so missed any possible 3pm meet.

When’s the next meeting at Villasol please anyone?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Good try Brian, but our Rob’s 27 and I don’t think I’ve seen anyone here younger than 50, and I’m hoping for grandkids ..... :LOL:

That's a defeatist attitude.

My younger daughter was briefly vegan but returned to vegetarian, pushing her 3 kids down the same path. She's a pain, always a problem when food involved but got to admit they are all healthy and not a pound of excess flesh.

Tell them not to hang about, say 30 for first one and then they are closing on retirement when he/she is still in education. Worse, by the time the kids are growing up and needing active parents, they are getting on a bit.

So, Plan B, instead of a fruitless search for a vegan restaurant, nip over to the local pet shop, buy a few bags of rabbit food and she'll be in heaven.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi @Jimbohorlicks Jim & Lyn @quickweh Pauline & Mike @JockandRita @Sheddy Ed & Shirley, could you point Diane & John (Funsters and my cousin) in the right direction of what is going on and the best place to go in Benni they are at Villasol
Thank you (y)
Through the Benidorm Snowbirds Forum Carol, I've steered them to La Torreta Bar today @15.00hrs, and/or Villaso's Bar tomorrow. I'm sure they'll be inundated with lots of info from there on in. (y)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Dawn - lovely to see you on the forum! I don’t have my data roaming on for WhatsApp (not sure how much it uses) so have only just caught up on the latest of your travels - those beach photos look gorgeous. Continue having a lovely time and see you in March!

You’de have loved our bus trip mishaps! The Latin blood was certainly up!

However, the Spanish bus drivers are a multitalented lot - he was able to shout, look around at us, and wave his arms like a maniac whilst hurtling the bus around roundabouts without dropping speed one bit - trouble was it was throwing poor @quickweh Pauline against the wall, the same wall that housed the bleedin button ......

The sun in January is indeed a lovely thing. We are heading to the market after MOTD is over - once again thanks to the Legend That Is @Sheddy Eddy for saving my bacon ... :notworthy2::notworthy2: !

I love that Beni is open, thriving and a very ‘happy’ place.

We also have the benefit of lovely Funsters who have already done all the hard work for us and have found the best walks, tea rooms, bars, restaurants - apparently next Thursday it’s Rib Night somewhere - so we are just falling in and having a blast.

Right, I’m off to get my washing from the machine, then we’re off to the market and into Old Town, and then to wait and see what people do on a Sunday in this brilliant place! (y)

Garry - having walked it, all I can say is :notworthy2: !

We’re walking to The Cross at some stage - may need a bit of Divine Assistance by the time we get to it - it looks a tad high up from the road in Beni ....
Loving your trip !

Have you seen any old relics yet? And I don’t mean the human kind!!

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
What a lovely day we’ve had - 16000 steps done, a wander through a packed market (@Mr Mousy would have been proud of me - I bought green beans and slouchy joggers, when I COULD have bought soooooo much more ...) and then walking to the Old Town and finding a Spanish Tapas bar, for Elevenses - gorgeous chorizo sausage on bread, and a slice of mushroom tortilla.

The place was packed with people meeting up for a glass of wine, a dish of tapas, and a good old chat. I loved to just sit there and soak up the atmosphere - they seem to do things so much better than us.

The Old Town was very busy, as were all the bars and restaurants. We passed by a restaurant that seemed to be serving nothing but paella, with people queuing down the road to get in. It looked to me just like the Adega Del Marina in Lagos, the place where all the locals eat. Might be the one to go to next Sunday - if only we can find it again!

We walked back to the van and made lunch before wandering over to La Torreta where we found @roncab Jeanette and Ron and @SUGGY Rosie and Graham, who were just about to drink up and leave ..... no such luck for them - we spent a very pleasant couple of hours chatting - and if we can’t find the restaurant we walked past today, Jeanette told us about The Pepper Mill, where they had just enjoyed a lovely Sunday lunch!

I think having other people’s knowledge is key to this place - otherwise it can seem overwhelming.

Which brings me on to a Beni Funster Challenge - Our Rob and his Fiancée Catie are visiting us in February.

It will be lovely to see them and show them around - but there is one issue - Catie is Vegan!! :eek: Now Funsters - we’ve pounded the streets of Beni since last Thursday - and I haven’t come across a veggie restaurant, let alone a vegan! All suggestions grateful received ....
Margem Restobar on Calle Gerona gets very good reviews on the Happy Cow website which is a travel website for vegetarians and vegans looking for food. It's not purely veggie or vegan. Not too far to walk.

There are a few asian/sushi places on the Happy cow website that sound ok. Turkish restaurants can be good as well. We feel your pain, son plus girlfriend are vegetarian but are trying to be vegan again. They use the website I think, can't imagine I'd know about it otherwise! Good luck.

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Margem Restobar on Calle Gerona gets very good reviews on the Happy Cow website which is a travel website for vegetarians and vegans looking for food. It's not purely veggie or vegan. Not too far to walk.

There are a few asian/sushi places on the Happy cow website that sound ok. Turkish restaurants can be good as well. We feel your pain, son plus girlfriend are vegetarian but are trying to be vegan again. They use the website I think, can't imagine I'd know about it otherwise! Good luck.
Carolyn, thanks so much for this. Any information is good! Catie has been veggie for years, but has now gone vegan. Our Rob (so laid back he’s in daily danger of falling over backwards) says ‘it’s no problem Mum - just find things that don’t have any bold print on the ingredients and you’re fine .... ‘ easy enough if i’m cooking, but when Cliff’s looking at Argentinian Steak House menus - the situation gets a little desperate!

Beautiful sunny day in Beni today, so we cycled to Albir, locked the bikes up and then walked along the prom to Altea. This really is the good life - lots of exercise in lovely weather, and back in time for a meet up with The Funsters at La Torreta, (together with a Spag Bol late lunch/early tea) so no cooking in the van - perfick!

We put the world to rights with @Carol ’s cousins Di and John @johnandi and Elaine and Peter @cant remember forum name :doh: and I’m off to Aquafit and Spanish lessons with them tomorrow morning - I shall be fine as long as I don’t have to speak in front of the class - if I do have to speak we could be there till next Wednesday .... ;)

Anyhoo - back in the van now - munching nuts and undoing all the cycling and walking work done this morning ....

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Carolyn, thanks so much for this. Any information is good! Catie has been veggie for years, but has now gone vegan. Our Rob (so laid back he’s in daily danger of falling over backwards) says ‘it’s no problem Mum - just find things that don’t have any bold print on the ingredients and you’re fine .... ‘ easy enough if i’m cooking, but when Cliff’s looking at Argentinian Steak House menus - the situation gets a little desperate!

Beautiful sunny day in Beni today, so we cycled to Albir, locked the bikes up and then walked along the prom to Altea. This really is the good life - lots of exercise in lovely weather, and back in time for a meet up with The Funsters at La Torreta, (together with a Spag Bol late lunch/early tea) so no cooking in the van - perfick!

We put the world to rights with @Carol ’s cousins Di and John @johnandi and Elaine and Peter @cant remember forum name :doh: and I’m off to Aquafit and Spanish lessons with them tomorrow morning - I shall be fine as long as I don’t have to speak in front of the class - if I do have to speak we could be there till next Wednesday .... ;)

Anyhoo - back in the van now - munching nuts and undoing all the cycling and walking work done this morning ....
These savy youngsters will have apps of the vegan places I’m sure ! Let her choose!,

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
These savy youngsters will have apps of the vegan places I’m sure ! Let her choose!,
Good thinking Anthea! Although I think Catie has probably done this already - she’s said to our Rob she thinks she’ll struggle ... I think I just need to have loads of salad veg in the van as back stop!

Hope all’s well with you and Rob - we’re having a lovely time here - away from the horrible weather back home - no relics found as yet (i’m saying nothing about the moving relics on disability scooters - but even they are out and about moving from one bar to the next .... ;) )

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Good thinking Anthea! Although I think Catie has probably done this already - she’s said to our Rob she thinks she’ll struggle ... I think I just need to have loads of salad veg in the van as back stop!

Hope all’s well with you and Rob - we’re having a lovely time here - away from the horrible weather back home - no relics found as yet (i’m saying nothing about the moving relics on disability scooters - but even they are out and about moving from one bar to the next .... ;) )
The Mercadona in Albir had quite a few vegan things including seitan. They even had a vegan luncheon meat thing that I ate plus a nice black olive pate in a jar.

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
The Mercadona in Albir had quite a few vegan things including seitan. They even had a vegan luncheon meat thing that I ate plus a nice black olive pate in a jar.
Thanks Carolyn - will stock up next time we’re there. (y)

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I feel as though you’ll think it’s Groundhog Day - but we’ve had yet another lovely day here.

It began with a Spanish Lesson. It should have been preceded by an Aquafit Class, and I did put my alarm on Di @johnandi - but it was just 30 minutes too early for me!

However, I now know how to buy a red T shirt, a blue shirt, an ugly pair of shoes, and a lilac skirt, and I know how to return the ones I don’t like for a refund (well, in theory anyway...)

Armed with my new found shopping lingo we cycled into the Old Town to try and find the Tapas Bar we found on Sunday. Needle and Haystack come to mind, and we THINK we found it, but it was closed. No matter, the Tapas Bar next door was open and we enjoyed beer, wine and tapas for €3.90!

I would have liked to have found the Zapatos tienda I passed on Sunday to say ‘me gusto mucho las botas marron. Cuanto Cuesta por favor?’, but I didn’t find that one either ...

Now, I said I learned Spanish today, but I wish I knew what the very rude Dutch/Herman shouted at me as we cycled back from town.

I had only just negotiated my way past a lovely lady on a mobiscooter, and I was heading back to my own side of the cycle path - when a bearded Scandinavian/German who was hurtling down the path at breakneck speed started screeching SHASTRA BROOODER SHASTRA BRUIDEEER (well that’s what it sounded like) whilst violently gesticulating to the other side of the path. I was so angry that I shreaked back OOOKAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! As I passed him. I had a warm and cosy feeling as I carried on pedalling, when I looked in my wing mirror and saw he had stopped and was looking back - obviously not accustomed to a mad woman giving the arrogant git as good as he got ..... :LOL:

We’ve had a brilliant evening at the Rock and Roll House. Pablo Bloom was on stage and was really good. @quickweh Mike recommended him, and we weren’t disappointed.

Another brilliant day - more to come tomorrow - hasta la mañana mis amigos (y)

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
You should have taken the Dutch lessons, that means "You have failed to button up you blouse properly and the whole world is admiring your breasts".
But surely if that was the case he’d have a big smile on his face .....

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
It’s been a windy day here in Beni, but that didn’t stop the two intrepid explorers from cycling out to the other end of Beni, parking up and then walking up to Le Crue (The Cross).

It was a long road, and quite steep at times, with three luxury houses almost at the top, but nowt else!

This was the starting point:
2A3CB8AA-3149-4B4E-B0A8-50905B7F534D.jpeg

This was halfway up:
546C4226-BBF8-4CA6-949B-BC88EE2130BB.jpeg

90A9CA12-0C59-4EA9-9D36-55EE4DCF015B.jpeg

If you zoom in you can see The Cross just above his head - miles up!

And this was at the top!
9557D6E6-0F04-47A0-8A7D-9827994D90AA.jpeg

We could see our van from the Cross!
9EE4A4C8-7D87-40A5-A2C9-C1FA1051B06D.jpeg

The views from up the hill are very good ...
C93C8884-335C-4F53-8682-C0AA98C2D432.jpeg

A21A0820-FD8E-4A07-9752-8C6A10E7E68F.jpeg

B4105933-E42E-4D84-A8E5-C69D31938639.png

We wandered back down, cycled to the other end of The Prom, and found our favourite Tortilleria (the one we found on Sunday) and had wine, beer and tapas for €2.90. Delicious...
1C4213A2-1EA5-47E4-A9C3-11778ADC17D5.jpeg

I was a Euro out yesterday - I’d be no good at guess the price - it was a €2.90 and not €3.90 as first stated - infact €2.90 seems to be the standard tariff for tapas and a drink - just incredible. Why anyone would go to a UK bar when you can get authentic tapas and a drink for pennies is beyond me!

I was inspired by the time we cycled back - and having 6 eggs needing to be used up, together with bacon and chorizo - TAAAA DAAAAH ....

7B07EC89-A69C-4ECD-8402-8563AA16AB38.jpeg

I usually make the classic potato, onion and garlic, but having been exposed to mushroom, or chicken, or tuna, or chorizo, tortilla in the tapas bar, I used up all the stuff in the fridge!

We wandered over to La Torretta, and met up with @TheHat Jan and Bill, @Jimbohorlicks Jim and Lyn @Ukbandit Lyn and Graham, @JockandRita and @Jaws John and Maureen.

A very pleasant hour was spent chatting and discussing the workings of an AES fridge - I have no idea what was being talked about so will only say that before they’de finished their conversation, the bread was cooked in the oven and we walked home with a baguette under the arm and a rosado glow in the cheeks!

Got back to Villasol to be told by @quickweh Pauline that having agreed to go to Keep Fit, I’d forgotten, but I have, yet again, agreed to go to Aquafit at 9.30 tomorrow ...

Another brill day in Beni - one week down, five to go!

Edit: the thumbnail photo is a photo of Cliff with the van, and the Cross in the background!

Attachments

• 9E3000E0-8807-447E-9AEB-F16A48B9B588.jpeg
    9E3000E0-8807-447E-9AEB-F16A48B9B588.jpeg
    92 KB · Views: 54
Sep 26, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2009
I feel as though you’ll think it’s Groundhog Day - but we’ve had yet another lovely day here.

It began with a Spanish Lesson. It should have been preceded by an Aquafit Class, and I did put my alarm on Di @johnandi - but it was just 30 minutes too early for me!

However, I now know how to buy a red T shirt, a blue shirt, an ugly pair of shoes, and a lilac skirt, and I know how to return the ones I don’t like for a refund (well, in theory anyway...)

Armed with my new found shopping lingo we cycled into the Old Town to try and find the Tapas Bar we found on Sunday. Needle and Haystack come to mind, and we THINK we found it, but it was closed. No matter, the Tapas Bar next door was open and we enjoyed beer, wine and tapas for €3.90!

I would have liked to have found the Zapatos tienda I passed on Sunday to say ‘me gusto mucho las botas marron. Cuanto Cuesta por favor?’, but I didn’t find that one either ...

Now, I said I learned Spanish today, but I wish I knew what the very rude Dutch/Herman shouted at me as we cycled back from town.

I had only just negotiated my way past a lovely lady on a mobiscooter, and I was heading back to my own side of the cycle path - when a bearded Scandinavian/German who was hurtling down the path at breakneck speed started screeching SHASTRA BROOODER SHASTRA BRUIDEEER (well that’s what it sounded like) whilst violently gesticulating to the other side of the path. I was so angry that I shreaked back OOOKAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!! As I passed him. I had a warm and cosy feeling as I carried on pedalling, when I looked in my wing mirror and saw he had stopped and was looking back - obviously not accustomed to a mad woman giving the arrogant git as good as he got ..... :LOL:

We’ve had a brilliant evening at the Rock and Roll House. Pablo Bloom was on stage and was really good. @quickweh Mike recommended him, and we weren’t disappointed.

Another brilliant day - more to come tomorrow - hasta la mañana mis amigos (y)

We had an excellent walk yesterday. Met up with an ex-colleague and wife at Calpes and they took us on a coastal walk from Calpes to Moriara. Mostly obvious path but a few turns we would have missed without their guidance. Bus back and tapas/beers to finish off in Old Town.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back