10 days in Scotland starting in SKye (1 Viewer)

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
Travelling up to Scotland on Thursday with an overnight stop in Kendal and then pushing on to Skye with a quiet day in Skye the following day to rest.

So that leaves only six days to travel up the North West coast of Scotland (would love to have longer but run my own company and limited to how long I can leave the staff on their own.)

Living inland we love coastal areas so with that in mind and our limited time which would be your must do stops?

Would be very interested to hear your thoughts, have tried a few searches on here but not turned up much.

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
With such limitations I'd take the ferry from Skye to Harris / Lesis and spend your time there no need to further if it is beaches you are after

Last edited:
Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
2 days in Skye is not long enough , Kendal to Skye ( where are you going on Skye ) is a long poke especially when you stop several times admiring the vista( rest and be thankful ,road to the isles etc ) good point about taking the ferry from hug better option than pushing all the way to the n/ west

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
We're you planning to go to Skye via the bridge or via Mallaig to Skye ferry?

Your passing a lot of lovely places between kendal and Skye but I'm assuming you know that, Applecross, Gairloch, Ullapool, Lochinver, Scourie, and Durness are among my favourites if your going north after Skye

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Personally I'd skip Skye and sail from Oban to Castlebray

Then go catch the ferries which connect the Outer Hebrides together.

The best beaches are on the Hebrides, plus the roads are much quieter than mainland Scotland.

There are loads of great wild camping spots and small campsites if you prefer.

Enjoy your adventure!

Details of our recent trip

Our trip last year

May 19, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
6 years
We loved Arisaig. There are several campsites around but the Silversands was a great choice for us. There are probably wild camping spots around too. A really beautiful coastal area with lots of little islets. I think you cna get a ferry to the peninsula from skye to save on the driving.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Paul an Jane MK

Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
I was planning to use the bridge. Agreed about breath taking scenery on route (some amazing scenery on the M6 before Shap,) this will be our first trip to that area in the motorhome but I am sure we will return many more times and as the years pass I should be able to get away for longer periods.

The weather is showing rain for the whole period on my weather app which is normally fairly reliable so it might be a good time to cover some distance and find some lovely places to return for a longer stay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back